Greta Thunberg gets her own TV Series!!!!

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Greta Thunberg: Climate activist gets her own TV series

The 17-year-old has signed up to take part in the programmes which will follow her journey around the world as she campaigns against climate change, and finds out more about what can be done about it.

The series will also document her personal journey as she deals with growing up in the spotlight, as well as other challenges such as writing speeches and meeting world leaders.

The series is being made by BBC Studios' Science Unit, but there are no details yet on when or where we might be able to see it.

Rob Liddell who is the Executive Producer for BBC Studios said:

"Climate change is probably the most important issue of our lives so it feels timely to make an authoritative series that explores the facts and science behind this complex subject.

"To be able to do this with Greta is an extraordinary privilege, getting an inside view on what it's like being a global icon and one of the most famous faces on the planet."

@Zoii @Stanfordella

Ok so you know how there's that thread about what's your favourite show? I think we'll be adding this to the list!!!!!! :)

And in related great news Jeff Bezos has donated $10 billion to fight climate change & has praised Greta Thunberg & other youth climate change activists for their advocacy!

• Winner
Reactions: Ada Lovelace

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Greta Thunberg: Climate activist gets her own TV series

@Zoii @Stanfordella

Ok so you know how there's that thread about what's your favourite show? I think we'll be adding this to the list!!!!!! :)

And in related great news Jeff Bezos has donated $10 billion to fight climate change & has praised Greta Thunberg & other youth climate change activists for their advocacy!
Oh wow!! That's so cool. I feel a momentum starting to shift things here in Australia. But with a conservative government in love with coal, our generation is thought of as a pack of irresponsible hippies hell-bent on making everyone's life a misery - instead of lauding our desire for a planet we can live on.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
In a new low from the petrochemical industries, A Canadian Oil Company posted a cartoon of a young girl being grabbed by her two braided pigtails from behind and raped. Greta was written down the young girl's back and X-Site Energy Services is printed at the bottom.

I can scarcely believe a large company would do this. What does this really mean? Are attacks on this girl -- our generation, so brazen that they would joke about raping us?

Greta Thunberg responds to cartoon depicting her being sexually assaulted

I'm also going to post this is the main area. I wonder what the response will be.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
In a new low from the petrochemical industries, A Canadian Oil Company posted a cartoon of a young girl being grabbed by her two braided pigtails from behind and raped. Greta was written down the young girl's back and X-Site Energy Services is printed at the bottom.

I can scarcely believe a large company would do this. What does this really mean? Are attacks on this girl -- our generation, so brazen that they would joke about raping us?

Greta Thunberg responds to cartoon depicting her being sexually assaulted

I'm also going to post this is the main area. I wonder what the response will be.

Their response has been exactly what I unfortunately expected it to be. That their 1st reaction is to use it as an excuse to insult her not condemn this vile action against her.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Their response has been exactly what I unfortunately expected it to be. That their 1st reaction is to use it as an excuse to insult her not condemn this vile action against her.
Yes, it is what I expected as well. That said it is a useful exercise. I want them to expose just how horrid they are willing to be... It reinforces what teens need to understand; They will attack and bearing the label "Christian" does not change just how unreasonable and ruthless that attack can be.

• Agree
Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Yes, it is what I expected as well. That said it is a useful exercise. I want them to expose just how horrid they are willing to be... It reinforces what teens need to understand; They will attack and bearing the label "Christian" does not change just how unreasonable and ruthless that attack can be.

It's mind-bender bc the same ppl who insult her as a "child" also shrug off a warped depiction of her being violently raped.

Idk if I'm going to stick around here much longer but if I do I think I'm going to just make threads in this section. It's good you made that thread where you though did bc it definitely fulfilled your objective!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private

Michie I :heart::heart::heart::heart: the links you've shared w us about Greta. I just want you to know that this is an age restricted area. Zoomers would never report your posts but we can't do anything about decisions made for the area. Just know that plz bc we aren't reporting anything here & don't want u to feel like we didn't like your posts bc we do.

I quoted the posts so the links stay up. :) :) :) :)

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
  • Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I don't think I need to comment further in that thread. It has drawn out just how hateful those men - and they all ARE men - are towards Greta and how far they are willing to malign her and our generation.... for wanting to have a greener safer world.

There's one poster who will appear on any thread about women - His attempt is to always ridicule and malign women.

I've rallied against him several times. he was rubbishing a research paper I posted - when I pressed him, it was obvious he had zero understanding of research methods and stats - he just wanted to throw vitriol even when exposed he knew nothing about it.

And thats the standard here - theres some good people but they are drowned out by a clamour of those willing to hate - they are the group that's threatened by everything.

• Winner
Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Greta Thunberg’s mother reveals teenager’s troubled childhood

This part is literally exactly how I'd describe my sister after a shooting at her school. She wasn't physically harmed at all & didn't really know the kids who were murdered but it psychologically broke her:
She was slowly disappearing into some kind of darkness,” Ernman says. “She stopped playing the piano. She stopped laughing. She stopped talking. And she stopped eating.”

She also has Asperger's, as well as T1D. B4 the shooting her Asperger's really was a gift bc she was so completely focused on things & she totally thrived on rules. Her diabetes really wasn't a big deal bc she had this sort of like fascination with it almost, like it didn't bother her & she she liked being responsible. She is a music prodigy. She won some of the most prestigious competitions in the country. Then after the shooting she just stopped living. It was only our dog she would interact with at all. Just the 2 of them holed up in her room. She wouldn't eat, wouldn't play music, wouldn't comb her hair or brush her teeth, wouldn't stay on top of her diabetes. My grandma took a sabbatical from teaching, she'd been a nursing professor & moved in with us from Chicago to take care of her. So for her what made her come back alive was gun control activism. She became totally obsessed w statistics about school shootings, gun violence. She'd already been traumatized when she was younger bc of this other incident w a gun. We moved to Canada bc of her. The vastly superior healthcare is also a massive perk. To an area with a super super low rate of violence, specifically gun violence. It's why I immediately put ppl I think are gun fetishists who care more about guns than ppl on ignore & have nothing to do with them. I feel physically like I will vomit when they go on about guns. Anyways it's why I love Greta so much. She's so much like my sister. Now my sister is in med school & is going to become a surgeon to fix ppl. So like with Greta her activism totally saved her!!!!! I'm so proud of both of them it makes me cry from pride sometimes.

• Winner
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0