Riverside
✟5,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hello my name is Dave and am a non-denominational Christian. Gifts have ceased. Full preterist eschatology. Creationist stance - old earth or young earth it really does not matter because Adam did not suffer a physical death but only a spiritual death involving sin nature and eternal alienation/separation from God.

Thank you and God bless,

Dave

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,135,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello my name is Dave and am a non-denominational Christian. Gifts have ceased. Full preterist eschatology. Creationist stance - old earth or young earth it really does not matter because Adam did not suffer a physical death but only a spiritual death involving sin nature and eternal alienation/separation from God.

Thank you and God bless,

Dave

Welcome to CF!

Reactions: Ephesians321
Upvote 0

Ephesians321

Oct 24, 2023
Riverside
✟5,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
true ... it also says he lived 930 years 70 years (one day as a thousand years) short of entering into the seventh day ...
Yes, indeed. Good catch there Adam did not enter his "sabbath" rest due to spiritual death. But overall I am not really all that concerned about reconciling science with the Genesis creation account as much as digging up its deeper spiritual roots such as your example. There are deeper, greater spiritual truths to found within it which is the spiritual death and sin death of mankind through Adam and Eve.

The tree of knowledge of good and evil is a type for sin

The Tree of life is a type for Christ (the cross of)

The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree. Acts 5:30

And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree: Acts 10:39

And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a sepulchre. Acts 13:29

Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. 1 Peter 2:24

Also [John was shown] the tree of life. Rev. 22:2
a) “Jesus said to her, ‘I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will still live, even if he dies. Whoever lives and believes in me will never die.’” John 11:25
b) “He who has the Son has the life. He who doesn't have God's Son doesn't have the life..” I Jn 5:12
c) “The testimony is this, that God gave to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.” I John 5:11

Its leaves [of the tree of life] are for the healing of the nations. Rev. 22:2
a) “The Kingdom of Heaven is like a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field; which indeed is smaller than all seeds. But when it is grown, it is greater than the herbs, and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in its branches." Matt 13:31-32
b) “Repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name to all the nations…” Lk 24:47

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey! :wave: welcome to CF. :) this area is basically for intros. If you are interested in discussing theology, one of the places to start is here- General Theology

God bless you! :)

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, indeed. Good catch there Adam did not enter his "sabbath" rest due to spiritual death. But overall I am not really all that concerned about reconciling science with the Genesis creation account as much as digging up its deeper spiritual roots such as your example. There are deeper, greater spiritual truths to found within it which is the spiritual death and sin death of mankind through Adam and Eve.

The tree of knowledge of good and evil is a type for sin

The Tree of life is a type for Christ (the cross of)

The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree. Acts 5:30

And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree: Acts 10:39

And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a sepulchre. Acts 13:29

Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. 1 Peter 2:24

Also [John was shown] the tree of life. Rev. 22:2
a) “Jesus said to her, ‘I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will still live, even if he dies. Whoever lives and believes in me will never die.’” John 11:25
b) “He who has the Son has the life. He who doesn't have God's Son doesn't have the life..” I Jn 5:12
c) “The testimony is this, that God gave to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.” I John 5:11

Its leaves [of the tree of life] are for the healing of the nations. Rev. 22:2
a) “The Kingdom of Heaven is like a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field; which indeed is smaller than all seeds. But when it is grown, it is greater than the herbs, and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in its branches." Matt 13:31-32
b) “Repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name to all the nations…” Lk 24:47
cursed is anyone hung on a tree ... it is to be lifted up as in caught between two fruits/sons/perceptions ...

Upvote 0

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟66,837.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

0f850fba0aced026357cca14c3afc50b_(4).gif

Welcome to Christian Forums!

LORD, those who know you will trust in You.
You have never deserted those who look to You.
Psalms 9:10

"Here is what I am commanding you to do:
Be strong and brave.
Do not be terrified.
Do not lose hope.
I am the LORD your God.
I will be with you everywhere you go."

Joshua 1:9

"Judah, listen to me!
People of Jerusalem, listen to me!
Have faith in the LORD your God.
He'll take good care of you.
Have faith in his prophets.
Then you will have success."

2 Chronicles 20:20

Some trust in chariots.
Some trust in horses.
But we trust in the LORD our God.

Psalms 20:7

Reactions: Ephesians321
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums