Greetings YA!

Kristine

Oct 30, 2002
Ottawa, Ontario
Visit site
✟457.00
Faith
Christian
Alot of you probably don't check the new members intro board, so I figured I'd say hi to you all in here (how about that?  I'm Canadian and I just said 'you all'- or should that be y'all?)

My name is Kristine (go figure), I turning 24 this Sunday (whoohoo), and despite the rather depressing post I just made in the 'challenges of being a young adults Christian' thread, I'm quite a high-energy, fun person :)

My pass-times include swing dancing (rent Swing Kids if you have no clue what I'm talking about), chatting on these time-consuming Christian-forums ;), and of course debating abortion with anyone and everyone. 

I'm coordinator of a pro-life youth group, in Canada's capital city (please tell me you know what that is - and no it's not Toronto)(http://ottawayouthforlife.org) so if you don't see me for a few days, it's cause I'm busy planning our next event or fund-raising campaign.  Our group teaches a pro-life apologetics course, which I love to quote - expect to find me in almost all abortion threads.

I'm also a firm believer in the doctrine of sovereign election (as oppose to free will).  You might find me in the aplogetics debate section adding my thoughts to those.  (or you can check my essay on it that I wrote about three years ago: http://members.tripod.com/~kruszer/electintro.html  )

I look forward to getting to know you guys (and I'm excited to see that this forum is alive and active, unlike the one at the Christian message board I just came from)

Jesus Bless,
Kristine

paulewog

Father of Insanity; Child of Music.
Mar 23, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟33,938.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oooo...

/me thinks about The Sound of Music

Do we get to call you "Governness" or "Fraulein" ? ;)

(not sure how you spell that word nor did I take the time to put the diaresis or umlaucht or whatever on top of the letter that needs it, whichever that is, errr.... yeah :D)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Hi Kristine,
I'm all the way over on the west coast, in Vancouver. I've never made it out that far yet, I stopped at Manitoba, couldn't take the flatness anymore (just joking :p ). I've got friends from out there, well in Ontartio somewhere, not sure where. I've heard Ottawa is pretty sweet though dude, but where I really want to go is Montreal! Maybe this summer.
Have a good one
~sydney

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SeRapH&CheRi

Sassy GurlMember!
Apr 3, 2002
eastcoastoftheusa
✟6,276.00
Faith
Christian
Hi Kristine!

Welcome to the forum!  Another fellow Canadian!  Woohoo!  I'm from Vancouver, but I've been living here in Jersey for the last two and a half years.  I visited Ottawa for the first time last year and loved it!  Makes me want to live there! 

You mentioned that you are a firm believer of sovereign election....i'm still wrestling through that doctrine.  Presently I'm reading this book by RC Spoul called "Chosen By God", and it is really challenging my whole view of predestination and "free-will" in the most disturbing way.  So I guess you can say that I am "wrestling" with the whole issue.   ;) 

Take care!

S&C

Upvote 0
exchange would be sweet! lol would probably never work though. oh well.
Yeah the winters here are very mild (we still think we're freezing to death though :D ) First Snow! :eek: Not to brag, but its totally clear and amazingly beautiful here right now. It's been a crazy fall, almost no rain yet, which is like a phenomenon.
Have a good one!
~sydney

Upvote 0

Kristine

Oct 30, 2002
Ottawa, Ontario
Visit site
✟457.00
Faith
Christian
yeah I hear Vancouver is famous for its rain too - but I'd rather rain than freezing cold!

Seraph good for you for taking the time to consider these things... I wrestled for a year or more before coming to my conclusion too... it sure beats blindly accepting something because you're pastor says so.  :)

Kristine

Upvote 0

SeRapH&CheRi

Sassy GurlMember!
Apr 3, 2002
eastcoastoftheusa
✟6,276.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by Kristine
yeah I hear Vancouver is famous for its rain too - but I'd rather rain than freezing cold!

Seraph good for you for taking the time to consider these things... I wrestled for a year or more before coming to my conclusion too... it sure beats blindly accepting something because you're pastor says so.  :)

Kristine

hey kris!  yeah, the whole doctrine of predestination has really challenged me.  i've got a friend who really believes in it and the way he explains it makes me want to believe in this particular doctrine.  the problem is, i'm still have alot of questions......  :confused: it will probably take me a while to sort out the whole thing as well!

Upvote 0