United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Watching thread:

I don't know a whole lot of Biblical Greek. I certainly can't speak it and have a limited capacity to read it. I use concordances, lexicons, interlinear Bibles and other such like tools to compare passages to each other.

I also read "translator notes" from various sources like "Net Bible" and "Blue Letter Bible".

I would like to take Greek and Hebrew grammar classes. So at least I have a good handle on the basics.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Watching thread:

I don't know a whole lot of Biblical Greek. I certainly can't speak it and have a limited capacity to read it. I use concordances, lexicons, interlinear Bibles and other such like tools to compare passages to each other.

I also read "translator notes" from various sources like "Net Bible" and "Blue Letter Bible".

I would like to take Greek and Hebrew grammar classes. So at least I have a good handle on the basics.
Should be some lectures on YouTube that would help you in that endeavor.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,178,632.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Jesus is my Shield in any Desert or Storm
Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Should be some lectures on YouTube that would help you in that endeavor.

Good idea! I watch YouTube for a lot of other informational things. Didn't think of looking for Greek and Hebrew basics there.

Thanks!
Good idea!

Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Jesus is my Shield in any Desert or Storm
Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟745,855.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Looks like a useful edition, one that I may pick up, it's a little pricy with shipping.

The Greek New Testament, Textus Receptus, Reader’s Edition​

This reader’s edition of the Greek Textus Receptus provides students of the Greek New Testament with a wide array of helpful tools for both reading and translating the text. The primary feature of this edition is a sidenote-formatted gloss that provides the lexical form, parsing, and definition of any word that occurs 30 times or less in the New Testament. Also included is a Greek-English lexicon for words occurring more than 30 times.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟745,855.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I've been reading Greek! I use a Greek NT app and use it for all my current reading. When I get stuck on a word I can tap the word and the English is given. When I'm home I use a parallel online Bible. My next step is to buy a copy from Grange Press.

I thought it would be nearly impossible but once I realized the Greek grammars were designed for in class I stopped struggle to memorize all of the technical aspects and hope to learn them as I read the text.

This video was helpful.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums