• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Great News for Metformin Users - Immortality!

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Of course, not really, but it is being studied as an anti-aging drug. So far, tests have been promising on roundworms and mice!

Many diabetics on metformin are outliving their nondiabetic counterparts. Now, some people are even taking it as a "recreational" drug.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/277679.php

Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟63,759.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
So basically the article says in order for metformin to work, our cells need to have a greater abundance of ROS(reactive oxygen species) and fewer antioxidants. Its like saying we could take this drug instead of relying on a diet rich in antioxidants.
It should also be noted that our cells naturally produce antioxidant Superoxide Dismutases in their mitochondria and cytoplasm, and also in the extracellular space.

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Johnboy60

Looking For Interesting News.
Dec 28, 2003
Tennessee
✟306,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Of course, not really, but it is being studied as an anti-aging drug. So far, tests have been promising on roundworms and mice!

Many diabetics on metformin are outliving their nondiabetic counterparts. Now, some people are even taking it as a "recreational" drug.

Diabetic drug 'slows aging process and increases lifespan,' study suggests
This lady I'm taking care of has stage 3 kidney damage from taking 2000 mgs a day because of Metformin her doctor told her. She doesn't take it now.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This lady I'm taking care of has stage 3 kidney damage from taking 2000 mgs a day because of Metformin her doctor told her. She doesn't take it now.
And people have died from drinking too much water.

Upvote 0

Whitelinen

Jan 22, 2020
Land
✟15,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was just reading about Metformin and found that it inhibits the release of glucose from the liver and improves sensitivity to insulin.

I also found that eating Broccoli can help to do the same thing by reducing BS levels very similar in magnitude to the Metformin.

I think it has something to do with a phytochemical called Sulforaphane.

Good thing I like Broccoli.

Upvote 0

Whitelinen

Jan 22, 2020
Land
✟15,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Sulforaphane is found in most cruciferous vegetables as they really all come from one parent plant.

• Brussels Sprouts
  • Broccoli
  • Cabbage
  • Cauliflower
  • Bok Choy
  • Kale
  • Collards
  • Chinese Broccoli
  • Broccoli Raab
  • Kohlrabi
  • Mustard
  • Turnip
  • Radish
  • Watercress

Reactions: bmjackson
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums