seaton
✟882.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
think that Grace was measured out by the gift of Jesus, and it was poured out rather than filling a teaspoon. I think the teaspoon allegory story is from a musical just a teaspoon of sugar makes the medicine go down. But we don't need sugar we just need Jesus (great healing medicine called faith in our Lord Jesus Christ) and we need the elements to do help us remember Jesus and the greatest love of all.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
think that Grace was measured out by the gift of Jesus, and it was poured out rather than filling a teaspoon.
Indeed. Do we want Christ or do we want the Messiah? Both refer to the "anointed one;" but differ in how that anointing is done.

Christos, (Gr) is anointing by dabbing a drop of oil on the forehead.
Maschiach, (Heb) is anointing by pouring oil over the head.

Psalm 133:2
It is like the precious oil upon the head, Coming down upon the beard, Even Aaron’s beard, Coming down upon the edge of his robes.​

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
“Dear brothers and sisters,
may the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ
be with your spirit. Amen.”
Galatians 6:18

Thank God, He doesn't measure
out grace in teaspoons.
Amy Carmichael
Amen. God has poured out grace on me like rain more times than i can count. He is a GOOD and gracious God and His grace is even more abundant when we are under attack by the enemy and when we stumble, just as His grace covered Abraham when Abraham called Sarah his sister because of the danger that he faced if the king decided he wanted Sarah as a wife, and possibly would consequently kill Abraham to take Sarah as his own wife.

I'm thankful for His ever-flowing grace.

Thank you for this thought-provoking study and reminder of God's inexpliucable grace this morning, Bob.

God bless you.

Upvote 0

Bob Wille

Aug 27, 2019
Tucson
✟157,170.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
think that Grace was measured out by the gift of Jesus, and it was poured out rather than filling a teaspoon. I think the teaspoon allegory story is from a musical just a teaspoon of sugar makes the medicine go down. But we don't need sugar we just need Jesus (great healing medicine called faith in our Lord Jesus Christ) and we need the elements to do help us remember Jesus and the greatest love of all.
Thank you for your cogent observations!

Upvote 0