Married
Politics
US-Republican
FREE E-mail Subscription:
Grace Gems!

When a tear is wept by you--do not think that God does not behold it

(Charles Spurgeon)

"The LORD said:
I have indeed seen the misery of My people in Egypt.
I have heard them crying out because of their slave drivers,
and I am concerned about their suffering.
So I have come down to rescue them . . ." Exodus 3:7, 8

Perhaps no figure of speech represents God in a more gracious light, than when He is spoken of as stooping from His throne and coming down from Heaven to attend to the wants and woes of His redeemed people.

How can we but love Him, when we know that He . . .
numbers the very hairs of our heads,
marks all our paths, and
orders all our ways?

When a tear is wept by you--do not think that God does not behold it, for . . .
"You keep track of all my sorrows.
You have collected all my tears in Your bottle.
You have recorded each one in Your book." Psalm 56:8

Your sigh is able to move the heart of Jehovah,
your whisper can incline His ear unto you,
your prayer can stay His hand,
your faith can move His arm!

Do not think that God sits on high taking no account of you. For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is perfect toward Him.​

Upvote 0

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Grace Gems!

You yourself will sit with Him upon His throne!

(Charles Spurgeon)

What enlightenment, what joys, what consolation, what delight of heart--is experienced by that man who has learned to feed on Jesus, and on Jesus alone! Yet the realization that we have of Christ's preciousness is, in this life, imperfect at the best. We have but tasted "that the Lord is gracious." We do not yet know how good and gracious He is--although what we know of His sweetness, makes us long for more.

We are but beginners now in spiritual education. For although we have learned the first letters of the alphabet, we cannot read words yet, much less can we put sentences together. As one says, "He who has been in Heaven but five minutes, knows more than all the theologians on earth put together."

We have many ungratified desires at present, but soon every wish will be satisfied--and all our powers shall find the sweetest employment in that world of eternal joy.

Oh, Christian, within a very little time you will be rid of all your trials and your troubles! Your eyes now suffused with tears, will weep no longer. You will gaze in ineffable rapture upon the splendor of Him who sits upon His glorious throne. "Father, I want those You have given Me to be with Me where I am, and to see My glory!" John 17:24

Even more, you yourself will sit with Him upon His throne! "To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with Me on My throne!" Revelation 3:21

You will share the triumph of His glory! His crown, His joy, His paradise--these will be yours, and you will be co-heir with Him who is the heir of all things! "Now if we are children, then we are heirs--heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ!" Romans 8:17​

Upvote 0

nChrist

Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Do not grieve the Holy Spirit!

(Thomas Charles, "The Operations of the Holy Spirit" 1838)

"Do you not know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you?" 1 Corinthians 3:16

"Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption." Ephesians 4:30

See how great is the sin of grieving the Spirit.

We grieve Him, when we take little or no notice of His amazing condescension and love--in coming freely and willingly to be our Comforter and Sanctifier.

We grieve Him, when we make no returns of love to Him--by bringing forth in a holy walk and conduct, the fruits of the Spirit.

We grieve Him, when by careless neglect and unwatchfulness, we fall into those habits and courses which He abhors.

He is grieved, because He loves us and has our happiness much at heart--for to promote our holiness and happiness is the object of His indwelling us. When we put obstructions in His way, and we promote our own misery--how is the Spirit of love grieved!

Let us therefore, above all things, attend to His motions, and beware of a barren and unfruitful profession of religion, and of defiling by secret indulgences--the temple and habitation of the Spirit.

Shall we grieve Him who dwells with us as our Comforter? How unworthy--how base a conduct! Shall we, who have tasted that the Lord is gracious--by our negligence, sin and folly, grieve Him who has come on purpose to comfort us?

Shall we grieve Him, without whom we cannot live, cannot think one good thought, nor breathe one good desire!

Shall we grieve Him, whose presence in the soul is Heaven, and whose absence is a Hell of corruption, darkness, and misery!

Is it possible that we should make such base returns for such love, and be such enemies to our own happiness!

Alas! what is man! In what dust and ashes ought even the best of us to lie down before Him!

Shall we not rather take notice of His love and His kindness, and thankfully receive all our comforts from His hands, and observe His love and grace in every refreshing thought put into our minds?

Yes, shall we not carefully watch and promote all His strivings and motions within us, and cheerfully comply with them, however self-denying and contrary to flesh and blood?

When He convinces of sin--let us set our hearts mightily against it. When He speaks comfort--let us hear Him as the Lord our Comforter, making known the riches of love and grace to our souls.​

Upvote 0

nChrist

Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Grace Gems!

A head full of froth!

(Charles Spurgeon)

"I hate vain thoughts--but I love Your law!" Psalm 119:113

Many of you know more about your magazines and novels--than what God has written in His holy Word!

Many of you will read a novel from the beginning to the end, and what have you got? A head full of froth when you are done! But you cannot read the Bible--that solid, lasting, substantial, and satisfying food goes uneaten, locked up in the cupboard of neglect--while anything that man writes, a best-seller of the day--you greedily devour!

"Turn away my eyes from looking at worthless things!" Psalm 119:37

"Set your minds on things above--not on earthly things!" Colossians 3:2​

Upvote 0

nChrist

Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is even more relevant today where we are inundated with so many different ways to spend (and waste) our time but studying the Word is never a waste of time.

Amen!

Upvote 0

nChrist

Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Grace Gems!

Yet it is a profitable loss!

(Thomas Charles, "The Benefits of Affliction" 1838)

"God disciplines us for our profit, that we may share in His holiness. No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it." Hebrews 12:10-11

Inasmuch as God has assured us that He causes all things to work together for our good--patience and resignation to the divine will in all things, is our duty. In His good time He may allow us to see such wisdom and goodness in all of our circumstances, as to fill our hearts with transports of joy. To follow Him is our part--without murmuring or complaining.

Nothing befalls us without a cause--no trouble comes upon us sooner, or presses more heavily, or continues longer--than what God knows that our case requires. What our short-sighted ignorance calls adversities or evils--are in reality and truth, well-designed and gracious blessings, and form a part of the means employed by God's goodness and grace, to prepare us for the exceeding and eternal weight of glory. Away then with all impatience and all murmurings!

All our desire in this world, should be to live holily and live usefully--and affliction, by the blessing of God, has great influence in promoting both. Sanctified affliction greatly promotes holiness, and is also a great preparative for usefulness. It is working out at the same time a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory in the eternal world. God always chastens us, for our profit. Though we may thereby lose earthly comforts, ease and enjoyments--yet it is a profitable loss. What we lose in these things--we gain in holiness. It is for our profit, to become partakers of His holiness.

"We know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose!" Romans 8:28​

Upvote 0

nChrist

Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Grace Gems!

Every feature of this hideous monster!

(Thomas Charles, "Sanctification" 1838)

Meditation on the sufferings and death of Jesus, produces a hatred towards sin.

It was sin which made it necessary for the Lord of glory to come down from Heaven and take on Him the form of a servant. Sin was the cause of His deep humiliation, abasement and sufferings. Viewing sin through the cross--the believer abhors it, and regards it with perfect hatred. He therefore diligently strives against it, and strenuously resists Satan, from whose iron chains he could never have been delivered, had it not been for the death of the Son of God.

Sin will never appear in its own deformity and horrid nature--until we see it in its effects in the Son of God--until we "behold the Lamb of God" bearing our sin on the cruel tree. Christ crucified, like a magnifying glass--exhibits to view every feature of this hideous monster!

'Anything rather than sin!' is the language of the Christian's heart!

"A bleeding Savior I have viewed--and now I hate my sin!" John Newton

"Look to the cross, and hate your sin--for sin nailed your Well-Beloved to the accursed tree!" Charles Spurgeon

Upvote 0

nChrist

Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Grace Gems!

Never did God appear more glorious!

(Thomas Charles, "Conformity to the Image of God" 1838)

"We considered Him stricken by God, smitten by Him, and afflicted.
He was pierced for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities.
The punishment that brought us peace was upon Him,
and by His wounds we are healed." Isaiah 53:4-5

God is as glorious in punishing sin--as He is in pardoning sin.

Never did God appear more glorious, than when He was pouring out His wrath on the Son of His love, for our sins. Justice and mercy, holiness and love--there shone with united and transcendent splendor.

The same glory of God which shines in punishing sin in Hell--appeared in His punishing it on the cross!

Does not God deserve to be loved for the one, as well as for the other? Does He not deserve to be loved wherever and in whatever manner He causes His glorious justice to appear?

That man never had true grace--who does not love God for punishing sin, as well as for pardoning it.

"Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree." Galatians 3:13

"He Himself bore our sins in His body on the tree" 1 Peter 2:24

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nChrist

Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Grace Gems!

Look at it--there is blood still upon the handle!

(Charles Spurgeon)

A sight of Christ on the cross will cause us to hate our sins.

If you ever, by the eye of faith, see Jesus Christ dying for you--sin will never be sweet to you again.

What was it that slew our blessed Lord? It was our sin!

When we discover that our iniquities put our dearest and best Friend to death, we vow revenge against our iniquities, and henceforth hate them with a perfect hatred.

Let me illustrate this very simply:
Here is a knife with a richly carved ivory handle--a knife of excellent workmanship. Yonder woman, we will suppose, has had a dear child murdered by a cruel enemy. This knife is hers, she is pleased with it, and prizes it much. How can I make her throw that knife away? I can do it easily, for that is the knife with which her child was murdered! Look at it--there is blood still upon the handle! She drops it as though it were a scorpion--she cannot bear it. "Put it away," says she, "it killed my child! Oh, hateful thing!"

Now, sin is such a hateful thing. We play with it until we are told that it was sin which killed the Lord Jesus, who died out of love to us--pure, self-sacrificing love. Then we say, "Hateful thing--be gone! How can I endure you!"

See there the wounds of the Son of God;
behold the crimson stains on His blessed body;
mark the thorn-crown;
gaze upon those pierced hands;
weep over the nailed feet;
see the deep gash which the lance made in His side!

Sin did this cruel work--this bloody deed!

Down with our sins!
Drag them to the cross!
Slay them at Calvary!
Let not one of them escape, for they are the murderers of Christ!

"It was you, my sins, my cruel sins,
His chief tormentors were;
Each of my crimes became a nail,
And unbelief the spear!"​

Upvote 0

nChrist

Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Grace Gems!

Where is Christ in your theological system?

(Charles Spurgeon)

"And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, He explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning Himself." Luke 24:27

"These are the Scriptures that testify about Me!" John 5:39

Take this Book and distill it into one word--and that one word will be JESUS! The Bible itself, is but the body of Christ, and we may look upon all its pages as the swaddling bands of the infant Savior--for if we unroll the Scripture, we come upon Jesus Christ Himself.

Where is Christ in your theological system? He Himself is . . .
the Doctor and Doctrine,
the Revealer and Revelation,
the Illuminator and the Light of men.

He is exalted in every word of truth, because He is its sum and substance.

He sits above the gospel, like a prince on His own throne.

Doctrine is most precious, when we see it distilling from His lips and embodied in His person.

Sermons are only valuable, in proportion as they speak of Him and point to Him!

Upvote 0

nChrist

Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Grace Gems!

All comes from the hand of Him who is too wise to err and too loving to be unkind!

(Arthur Pink)

Faith endures as seeing Him who is invisible. Faith endures the disappointments, the hardships and the heartaches of life--by recognizing that all comes from the hand of Him who is too wise to err and too loving to be unkind.

So long as we are occupied with any other object than God Himself, there will be neither rest for the heart nor peace for the mind. But when we receive all that enters our lives as from His hand--then, no matter what may be our circumstances or surroundings; whether in a hovel, or prison-dungeon, or at a martyr's stake--we shall be enabled to say, "The lines have fallen unto me in pleasant places" (Psalm 16:6). But that is the language of faith, not of sight nor of sense.

"Faith may swim--where reason cannot wade!" Thomas Watson

"We know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose!" Romans 8:28

Upvote 0

nChrist

Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Grace Gems!

This verse supplies us with an instance of Divine logic!

(Arthur Pink, "The Great Giver!" 1926)

"He who spared not His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all--how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?" Romans 8:32

This verse supplies us with an instance of Divine logic! It contains a conclusion drawn from a premise. The premise is that God delivered up Christ for all His people--therefore everything else that is needed by them is sure to be given.

Here we are told why the Father made such a costly sacrifice: He spared not Christ--that He might spare us! It was not lack of love to the Savior--but wondrous, matchless, fathomless love for us! O marvel at the astonishing design of the Most High! "God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son!" Truly, such love surpasses knowledge!

Moreover, He made this costly sacrifice not grudgingly or reluctantly, but freely out of love. He "delivered Him up" . . .
to shame and spitting,
to hatred and persecution,
to cruel suffering and crucifixion.

And He delivered Him up for us:
descendants of rebellious Adam,
depraved and defiled,
corrupt and sinful,
vile and worthless!
For us who had gone into the "far country" of alienation from Him, and there spent all in riotous living.
Yes, "for us" who had gone astray like sheep, each one turning to "his own way".
For us "who were by nature the children of wrath, even as others"--in whom there dwelt no good thing.
For us who had . . .
rebelled against our Creator,
hated His holiness,
despised His Word,
broken His commandments,
and resisted His Spirit!
For us who richly deserved to be cast into the everlasting burnings, and receive those wages which our sins so fully earned.

Yes, He delivered His blessed Son up for you fellow Christian who . . .
are sometimes tempted to interpret your afflictions, as tokens of God's harshness,
regard your poverty, as a mark of His neglect, and
your seasons of darkness, as evidences of His desertion.
O, confess to Him now the wickedness of such dishonoring doubtings, and never again question the love of Him Who spared not His own Son!

Ponder well the glorious "conclusion" which the Spirit of God here draws from the wondrous fact stated in the first part of our text, "He who spared not His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all--how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?" How conclusive and how comforting is the inspired reasoning of the Apostle. Arguing from the greater to the less--he proceeds to assure the believer of God's readiness also freely to bestow all needed blessings. The gift of His own Son, so ungrudgingly and unreservedly bestowed--is the pledge of every other needed mercy!

Here is the unfailing guaranty of perpetual sustenance to the drooping heart of the tried believer. If God has done the greater--will He leave the less undone? Infinite love can never change. The love that spared not Christ--cannot fail its objects, nor begrudge any needed blessings.​

Upvote 0

nChrist

Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Grace Gems!

Jesus Christ is completely sufficient!

(author unknown)

"For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power!" Colossians 2:9-10

One of the great tenets of Scripture, is the claim that Jesus Christ is completely sufficient for all matters of life and godliness (2 Peter 1:3-4)!

He is sufficient for:
creation (Colossians 1:16-17)
salvation (Hebrews 10:10-12)
sanctification (Ephesians 5:26-27)
and glorification (Romans 8:30).

So pure is He, that there is no blemish, stain, spot of sin, defilement, deception, corruption, error, or imperfection in Him! (1 Peter 1:18-20)

So complete is He, that . . .
there is no other God besides Him (Isaiah 45:5)
He is the only begotten Son (John 1:14, John 1:18)
all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge are in Him (Colossians 2:3)
the fullness of the Godhead dwells bodily in Him (Colossians 2:9)
He is heir of all things (Hebrews 1:2)
He created all things--and all things were made
by Him, through Him, and for Him (Colossians 1:16)
He upholds all things by the word of His power (Colossians 1:17, Hebrews 1:3)
He is the firstborn of all creation (Colossians 1:15)
He is the exact representation of God (Hebrews 1:3).

He has no beginning and no end (Revelation 1:17-18)
He is the spotless Lamb of God (John 1:29)
He is our peace (Ephesians 2:14)
He is our hope (1 Timothy 1:1)
He is our life (Colossians 3:4)
He is the living and true Way (John 14:6)
He is the Root and Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star (Revelation 22:16)
He is Faithful and True (Revelation 19:11)
He is the Author and Finisher of our faith (Hebrews 12:1-2)
He is Captain of our Salvation (Hebrews 2:10)
He is the Elect One (Isaiah 42:1)
He is the Apostle and High-Priest of our confession (Hebrews 3:1)
He is the Righteous Servant (Isaiah 53:11).
He is the Lord Almighty (Malachi 3:17)
He is the Redeemer (Isaiah 41:14)
He is the Holy One of Israel (Isaiah 54:5)
He is the God of the whole earth (Isaiah 54:5)
He is the Man of Sorrows (Isaiah 53:3)
He is the Light of the world (John 9:5)
He is the Son of Man (Matthew 20:28)
He is the true Vine (John 15:5)
He is the Bread of Life (John 6:48)
He is the Door to Heaven (John 10:7)
He is the Sovereign Lord (Philippians 2:10-13)
He is Prophet, Priest and King (Hebrews 1:1-3)
He is our Sabbath rest (Hebrews 4:9)
He is our Righteousness (Jeremiah 23:6)
He is the Wonderful Counselor, the Mighty God,
the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6)
He is the Chief Shepherd (1 Peter 5:4)
He is the Lion of Judah (Revelation 5:5)
He is the Rock of Salvation (Psalm 62:2)
He is the Ancient of Days (Daniel 7:13)
He is the Counselor and Comforter (John 14:26)
He is the Messiah (John 4:25-26) and
He is the great I AM (John 8:58)!​

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

nChrist

Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Grace Gems!

God is for me!

(Charles Spurgeon)

"This I know: God is for me!" Psalm 56:9

It is impossible for any human speech to express the full meaning of this precious phrase: "God is for me!"

He was "for me"--before the worlds were made.

He was "for me"--or He would not have given His well-beloved Son for me.

He was "for me"--when He smote the Only Begotten and laid the full weight of His wrath upon Him!
He was "for me"--though He was against Him.

He was "for me" when I was ruined in the fall--He loved me notwithstanding all.

He was "for me" when I was a rebel against Him, and with a high hand defied Him.

He was "for me"--or He would not have brought me humbly to seek His face.

He has been "for me" in my many struggles. I have encountered hosts of dangers, I have been assailed by temptations from without and within--how could I have remained unharmed to this hour, if He had not been "for me"?

He is "for me" . . .
with all the infinity of His being,
with all the omnipotence of His love,
with all the infallibility of His wisdom.

Arrayed in all His divine attributes, He is "for me"--eternally and immutably "for me!"

He will be "for me" when yonder blue skies shall be rolled up like a worn-out vesture.
He will be "for me" throughout eternity!

"Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day--and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for His appearing!" 2 Timothy 4:8​

Upvote 0

nChrist

Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Grace Gems!

Hate Jesus!

(James Smith)

"They hated Me without a cause." John 15:25

"They kept shouting: Crucify Him! Crucify Him!" Luke 23:21

It is a solemn thought, that many sinners who hear the gospel, hate Jesus. Hate Jesus! Yes, though He is . . .
infinitely wise,
exquisitely beautiful,
perfect in holiness,
unparalleled in goodness,
almighty in power, and
the very personification of love!

Jesus, who is represented by . . .
the gentle lamb,
the fructifying dew,
the safe refuge,
the fragrant rose,
the desire of all nations,
and the altogether lovely one!

Jesus, who . . .
left Heaven and its glories,
came and labored on earth,
suffered unparalleled indignities and pains,
died for sinners on the accursed tree, and
now pleads in Heaven for all who seek salvation by Him.

Jesus, who is both able and willing to pardon all their sins, to lift them up to Heaven--and who has power and authority to thrust those who hate Him down to Hell.

O what folly, what madness to hate Jesus--and yet multitudes do so!

"If anyone does not love the Lord--that person is cursed!" 1 Corinthians 16:22​

Upvote 0

nChrist

Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Grace Gems!

Remember that you are the son of a king!

(William S. Plumer, "Sinners Saved by Unmerited Kindness")

When a prince was about to travel, he asked his tutor for some maxims by which to govern his behavior.
He received this answer: "Remember that you are the son of a king!"

Let all Christians remember that they are the sons and daughters of the Lord Almighty--and "if sons, then heirs, heirs of God, and joint heirs with Jesus Christ!"

"You are . . .
a chosen people,
a royal priesthood,
a holy nation,
God's special possession
--chosen that you may proclaim the excellence of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light!" 1 Peter 2:9​

Upvote 0

nChrist

Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Grace Gems!

Worse than Hell!

(Thomas Watson, "Religion Our True Interest")

Sin is the only evil thing--it is the evil of evils!

Sin is the poison which the old serpent spat into our virgin nature!

In sin there is both pollution and enmity. Sin is compared to a "thick cloud" (Isaiah 44:22), which not only hides the light of God's face--but brings down showers of His wrath!

Sin is worse than all evils. There is more evil in a drop of sin--than in a sea of affliction!

Sin is the cause of all evil. Out of this viperous womb of sin, come "evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, wickedness, deceit, eagerness for lustful pleasure, envy, slander, pride, and foolishness."

Sin is the quintessence of evil.

Sin puts a sting into death (1 Corinthians 15:56).

Sin is worse than Hell! Hell is a burden only to the sinner--but sin is a burden to God! Amos 2:13​

Upvote 0

nChrist

Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Grace Gems!

Nothing more than the common consent of fools!

(Charles Spurgeon)

Any kind of fad which rules the hour, draws a mad crowd after it. No matter how absurd or ridiculous the mania, the worshipers of fashion cry: "These are your gods!" Yes, Satan is marvelously well obeyed by his servants!

Yet many of you church people look around on society--to follow its customs and fashions.

You watch the general current--and then float upon it.

You study the popular breeze--and shift your sails to suit it.

You ask: "Is it fashionable?"
If it is fashionable, then you must do it.

Fashion is the law of multitudes--but it is nothing more than the common consent of fools!

To follow the fashions and customs of the times, is to be an enemy of God.

"You adulterous people, don't you know that friendship with the world is hatred toward God?
Anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world, becomes an enemy of God!" James 4:4​

Upvote 0