✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ephesians 2:8-10
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

So we can break down this passage into 10 points that show how faith, grace and works can be in harmony with one another in the Salvation process.

1- by grace we are saved
2- it is through faith
3- not from ourselves
4- its a gift from God
5- not by works
6- no one can boast- about their works regarding salvation
7- those saved are Gods workmanship
8- created in Christ
9- to do good works- post salvation
10- God prepared those works in advance for us- to do those works as a result of being saved.

PS- I sometimes find that breaking down a passage point by point helps me to see the bigger picture better than if I'm just reading it as one complete sentence.

hope this helps !!!

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Ephesians 2:8-10
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

So we can break down this passage into 10 points that show how faith, grace and works can be in harmony with one another in the Salvation process.

1- by grace we are saved
2- it is through faith
3- not from ourselves
4- its a gift from God
5- not by works
6- no one can boast- about their works regarding salvation
7- those saved are Gods workmanship
8- created in Christ
9- to do good works- post salvation
10- God prepared those works in advance for us- to do those works as a result of being saved.

PS- I sometimes find that breaking down a passage point by point helps me to see the bigger picture better than if I'm just reading it as one complete sentence.

hope this helps !!!
This is quite helpful, but it's not what the people want to hear. Most like to hear about the promise of reward for obedience. They feel left out when we ascribe the whole work of salvation to the Lord, it's as though there's nothing in it for them.

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You need to take scripture as a whole and not making an entire doctrine by pulling out a single passage.
what doctrine ?

all I did was post a passage and break it down. if you have objections then post them from Ephesians 2:8-10.

thanks !

• Agree
Reactions: Navair2
Upvote 0

Devin Hammond

Nov 25, 2020
San Clemente
✟3,773.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
what doctrine ?

all I did was post a passage and break it down. if you have objections then post them from Ephesians 2:8-10.

thanks !

I’m telling you that scripture needs to be taken as a whole and we cannot derive our beliefs from a single passage. There are many other passages that speak of the necessity of good works for salvation. Jesus said that you will know a true disciple by their fruits. Also, in the parable of the sheep and the goats the sheep were sheep because of what they did.

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I’m telling you that scripture needs to be taken as a whole and we cannot derive our beliefs from a single passage. There are many other passages that speak of the necessity of good works for salvation. Jesus said that you will know a true disciple by their fruits. Also, in the parable of the sheep and the goats the sheep were sheep because of what they did.
so lets discuss them as Scripture does not contradict scripture.

Upvote 0

Devin Hammond

Nov 25, 2020
San Clemente
✟3,773.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
so lets discuss them as Scripture does not contradict scripture.

I already gave you a couple examples but I can give you many more. Why don’t you start off by addressing those?

Matthew 25:31-46

Matthew 7:15-20

Reactions: Soyeong
Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I already gave you a couple examples but I can give you many more. Why don’t you start off by addressing those?

Matthew 25:31-46

Matthew 7:15-20
Good fruit is the result of being a good tree. A good tree bears good fruit. Good works are a result of a real faith. Faith without works is dead. So genuine faith like a good tree bears good works/fruit.

Ye shall know them by their fruit !

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.

hope this helps !!!

Upvote 0

Devin Hammond

Nov 25, 2020
San Clemente
✟3,773.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Good fruit is the result of being a good tree. A good tree bears good fruit. Good works are a result of a real faith. Faith without works is dead. So genuine faith like a good tree bears good works/fruit.

Ye shall know them by their fruit !

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.

hope this helps !!!

Exactly, so good works are required for salvation otherwise that faith is dead and will be cast into the fire (Matthew 7:19).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Exactly, so good works are required for salvation otherwise that faith is dead and will be cast into the fire (Matthew 7:19).
They are a by product of salvation not a means to salvation. They are evidence of salvation.

Upvote 0

Devin Hammond

Nov 25, 2020
San Clemente
✟3,773.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
They are a by product of salvation not a means to salvation. They are evidence of salvation.

Nope. We are called to be disciples of Jesus Christ and to repent and become like our master. A true disciple does good works. The original disciples called their movement “the way” and Jesus said that the way is a narrow road. I can give you many more scriptures but you still haven’t addressed the ones I’ve given you.

Upvote 0

Devin Hammond

Nov 25, 2020
San Clemente
✟3,773.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
They were addressed just not to your liking. If you don't like the OP then start your own thread on salvation by works.

No, you didn’t address either Matthew 25:31-46 or John 5:28-29 and believe me I have many more scriptures than that that support my position.

I am addressing the topic of this thread so I have a right to be here. I think I’ll stay; this topic is interesting.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RickReads

Sep 27, 2020
richmond
✟64,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
No, you didn’t address either Matthew 25:31-46 or John 5:28-29 and believe me I have many more scriptures than that that support my position.

I am addressing the topic of this thread so I have a right to be here. I think I’ll stay; this topic is interesting.

Indeed it is, and it`s always fun to have a works for salvation person along for the ride.

• Friendly
Reactions: Devin Hammond
Upvote 0