Gov. Kemp says special session to remove DA Willis from election investigation will not happen

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
ATLANTA — Gov. Brian Kemp said he will not call a special session to investigate, nor impeach Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis.
Some Republican legislators continue to demand a special session to investigate Willis’ prosecution of former President Donald Trump and others on election interference charges.
But Kemp said Thursday that he doesn’t have the legal authority to call one and said he hasn’t seen that Willis has done anything illegal.
“The bottom line is that in the state of Georgia, as long as I’m governor, we’re going to follow the law and the constitution regardless of who it helps or harms politically,” Kemp said.

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But Kemp said Thursday that he doesn’t have the legal authority to call one and said he hasn’t seen that Willis has done anything illegal.

Trump loyalists in the Georgia legislature are once again trying to undermine our legal system and the rule of law. Were it not for Govenor Kemp and a handful of other Republican state officials who have stood up to their treachery, where would we be today?

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Trump loyalists in the Georgia legislature are once again trying to undermine our legal system and the rule of law. Were it not for Govenor Kemp and a handful of other Republican state officials who have stood up to their treachery, where would we be today?
And yet they still insist that they’re “conservatives”.
Go figure.

Upvote 0