Force

GO NOLES!!!!!!! 16 58
Sep 23, 2002
In Vegas at the moment....
Visit site
✟8,888.00
Faith
Pentecostal
When we were in Disneyland in July...we were in line for the Haunted Mansion (go figure...J/K!) and in front of us was a group of "goths". I don't care I think people that are scared of them are stupid. It is just a style, but anyways all I kept thinking (while we were all drenching eachother with our water bottles, and being big whiny babies about the humidity....hey I am from the DESERT I can handle the heat but not the humidity :D ) Anyways all I kept thinking was holy freakin cow these people are nuts...especially the one guy standing there in the middle of the summer with a black hooded sweatshirt on!!!!

Upvote 0

xtxArchxAngelxtx

Peace Keeper
Aug 18, 2003
Dayton Ohio
Visit site
✟16,903.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
Just a question... What is it that you guys have against Goths??????

Goth is a type of person. Much like punk, prep, joke, etc.

I can be very gothic at times, and am a lot of the times, course at times people caracterize me as preppy.

What is wrong with haveing a goth day? Most of you commenting are older, and these "goths" you are refering to are usually younger. Not criticing the age difference, but how many of you even know a goth?????

Yeah they have an outward appearance that is questionable, but why does that make them so horrible?? A lot of them suffer from depression caused by people who are usually happy but yet those "happy" people act as if they are better than them(this happens before they are "gothic").

So they band together, get their own little "clique" and decide to be different and have motivation from each other.
EVERY TYPE OF PERSON HAS THEIR OWN GROUP.
Goths are no different.

Please be more openminded... besides, they need God just as well as anyone else does. Some of them, a lot of them, already have God- It's jsut that we are too blinded by our pride to see it.

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
nyj said:
Umm, why?

Oh that's right, it's mean because I said it, and we all know how horrible I really am.

RAR!

No, I was responding to the sentence you took out, "I didn't think they went out during the day except to shoot their classmates."

I have nothing against you personally, only the things you say that are mean.

Upvote 0

ThePhoenix

Aug 12, 2003
✟5,476.00
Faith
Christian
nyj said:
Umm, why?

Oh that's right, it's mean because I said it, and we all know how horrible I really am.

RAR!
Heck I have a goth friend who would be laughing so hard he'd be sitting on the floor over your comment. It's not mean it's funny, and most goths have a sense of humor (and can laugh at themselves).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nyj

Goodbye, my puppy
Feb 5, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟39,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
lambslove said:
No, I was responding to the sentence you took out, "I didn't think they went out during the day except to shoot their classmates."

Then quote what it is you were railing against. I agree, it was a tasteless comment, which is why I removed it before you even finished your post. It was meant in jest, and said sarcastically (I don't think goth culture is like that).

lambslove said:
I have nothing against you personally, only the things you say that are mean.

Well, you're entitled to your opinion lambslove.

Upvote 0

Inspired

only hurts when I breathe
Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
✟6,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
xtxArchxAngelxtx said:
Just a question... What is it that you guys have against Goths??????

Goth is a type of person. Much like punk, prep, joke, etc.

I can be very gothic at times, and am a lot of the times, course at times people caracterize me as preppy.

What is wrong with haveing a goth day? Most of you commenting are older, and these "goths" you are refering to are usually younger. Not criticing the age difference, but how many of you even know a goth?????

Yeah they have an outward appearance that is questionable, but why does that make them so horrible?? A lot of them suffer from depression caused by people who are usually happy but yet those "happy" people act as if they are better than them(this happens before they are "gothic").

So they band together, get their own little "clique" and decide to be different and have motivation from each other.
EVERY TYPE OF PERSON HAS THEIR OWN GROUP.
Goths are no different.

Please be more openminded... besides, they need God just as well as anyone else does. Some of them, a lot of them, already have God- It's jsut that we are too blinded by our pride to see it.

I have nothing against Goths, and the majority of the comments were be to be sarcastic, not harsh. I guess if you hadn't seen the Gay Day thread it could be misinterpreted, but I assure you, I didn't start the thread for a Goth Bash session.

Upvote 0

Dyrwen

Godless Reprobate
Jun 24, 2003
WA, USA. Earth.
Visit site
✟16,073.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Green
Call me insane, but no half-way respectable goth goes to Disneyland.

Maybe I'm just too normal. People have been known to call me goth though. Suppose it's just the black. I've been wearing it since I was 5. Natural Goth *cough*..heh. Go figure.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums