Chi Rho

Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi.
Sep 17, 2008
✟7,792.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
What an amazing experience !!! A true blessing from God to have been asked by my parish to go. I'm suffering from major sleep deprivation, but I really don't care. The Spirit is keeping me going. :)

I hope many of you were able to go and were able to see footage if you didn't. Rest assured that those who did will bring Christ back with them to you.

Arraigados y edificados en Cristo, firmes en la fe.

:amen:

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

judechild

Catholic Socratic
Jul 5, 2009
The Jesuit War-Room
✟11,369.00
Faith
Catholic
I just got back from WYD too! I'd say my favorite "part" was seeing a group of Israelis and one of Labanese exchange a kiss of peace when they were passing each other on the street. My second favorite part was probably the Seminarian Mass, when I was standing about ten feet away from Pope Benedict :)

Upvote 0

Chi Rho

Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi.
Sep 17, 2008
✟7,792.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
What was it like spending the night at the airport?

Well, I didn't sleep at all because I felt like staying up (plus the ground wasn't that comfortable to lie on and was dusty too), but the atmosphere was fantastic. People were singing, dancing and banging drums and chanting till at least 4 or 5 in the morning. Even during the storm. Then afterwards it was funny listening to everyone snoring all around me. LOL. Eventually it got to about 7 and the sun came up, which was one of those very beautiful dusty mediterranian sunrises. Adoration was a great experience. It was strange to hear 2 million people all fall deathly silent. :)

Upvote 0

judechild

Catholic Socratic
Jul 5, 2009
The Jesuit War-Room
✟11,369.00
Faith
Catholic
Well, I didn't sleep at all because I felt like staying up

My group got turned away, so we didn't make the final Mass. That was disappointing, but we watched it on tv and had free reign of the town while everybody else was in Cuatros Vientros. The Praudo Museum was really something.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sbvd

Feb 8, 2011
✟8,252.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I just got back from WYD too! I'd say my favorite "part" was seeing a group of Israelis and one of Labanese exchange a kiss of peace when they were passing each other on the street. My second favorite part was probably the Seminarian Mass, when I was standing about ten feet away from Pope Benedict :)

Then I watched you on TV :)

Upvote 0

Adam Warlock

Feb 7, 2011
✟14,279.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private

That is awesome!!!

Upvote 0