Gospel Series: Jesus' Credentials: Miracles

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
Jesus' Credentials: Miracles

Why did Jesus say we should believe in him? "Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves." John 14:11 And likewise John writes as to the purpose of the miracles. "Jesus did many other miraculous signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name." John 20:30,31 Under duress John the Baptist questioned his faith and asked of Jesus, "Are You the Coming One, or do we look for another?" Jesus answered and said to them, "Go and tell John the things which you hear and see: "The blind see and the lame walk; the lepers are cleansed and the deaf hear; the dead are raised up and the poor have the gospel preached to them." Mt 11:4,5

The first Christian sermon in Acts 2 utilizes the testimony of public miracles to convince the crowds. It was a public event in which "there were staying in Jerusalem God-fearing Jews from every nation under heaven." Peter publicly declared, "Men of Israel, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know." Acts 2:22 This was the basis for the formation of the first church.

In contrast what proof does Islam provide? None. No miracles. It's simply a proposition. I showed a Muslim the proofs for Biblical Christianity and asked him as to why he chooses to believe in Mohammed. I never heard from him again. The reason why anti-Christian countries find that they must suppress the propagation of the Bible is because the proofs provided in the Bible far outweigh anything, any supporting evidence, that any other religion or philosophy has to offer.

The Gospel Series