Jan 13, 2004
Left Coast, Canada
✟67,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tatu said:
You would THINK that people with kids would get this. But no.

They think they are better parents than God is.
Is this a blanket statement of all parents or what? If not, who are these parents that you are speaking of?

Before you're quick pulling the trigger at "these" parents, why don't you become one first.

I don't think I'm a better parent than God.

So qualify it or back off - that's such an idiotic statement.

Upvote 0

Tenebrae

A follower of The Way
Sep 30, 2005
floating in the ether, never been happier
Visit site
✟33,648.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Tatu said:
People are quick to believe in his correction but slooooow to believe in his desire to bless his kids.

You would THINK that people with kids would get this. But no.

They think they are better parents than God is.
Thats an awefully presumptious statement comming from someone who doesnt have kids

Upvote 0

Tenebrae

A follower of The Way
Sep 30, 2005
floating in the ether, never been happier
Visit site
✟33,648.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Tatu said:
God is a parent. He desires to bless you more than you desire to bless your own kids.

If you don't think that, you think you're a better parent than God is.
I'm not a parent, so its a non relavant statement

I agree with your first statement, never disagreed with it. I think its presumptious that you are commenting on peoples parenting skills when you arent one, my opinion on that hasnt changed

Sheesh

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,216.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Tatu said:
edit: sorry, double post.

I think it's an astute observation. So we disagree. I don't think it's a criticism of parenting skills either. ;)

Two actual parents have spoken in in response to the post, one in agreement (page 2) and one in not.
Well, I'm an "actual parent" and I agree. I love to give my son the best of everything. Granted, he is only 2, but I love buying him the latest VeggieTales DVD and watching his face light up as he screams "VEGGIES!" in the store. He's pretty easy to please at this stage.

And I love reading him his toddler Bible. Teaching him about his Sunday school lessons. He's the coolest little guy and I desire to see him blessed.

How much more will our heavenly Father give us good things?

Selfish? Naw. Scripture.

Upvote 0

OmegaMan

Pirate Puppet
Jun 6, 2006
✟7,671.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others
probinson said:
Well, I'm an "actual parent" and I agree. I love to give my son the best of everything. Granted, he is only 2, but I love buying him the latest VeggieTales DVD and watching his face light up as he screams "VEGGIES!" in the store. He's pretty easy to please at this stage.

And I love reading him his toddler Bible. Teaching him about his Sunday school lessons. He's the coolest little guy and I desire to see him blessed.

How much more will our heavenly Father give us good things?

Selfish? Naw. Scripture.
Veggies rock!

I think we look at things from a very self sided view. Yes God blesses His children, but He also blesses us appropriately. My son thinks he should be able to drive, I know he is not ready.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.