U.S
✟23,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Understand scripture wisely and correctly.

the scripture In the resurrection, people will neither marry nor be given in marriage. Instead, they will be like the angels in heaven. has been misunderstood. the pharisees were talking about legal documents and nothing about soulmates, love, or companion ship. The pharisees were all about LAW and not the heart. Theyre question to Jesus about marriage was motivated by rules and not love. In scripture it also says that the desires of your heart will be granted if you delight yourself in God. This statement is not just for EARTH. It is for heaven too, becuase Gods words are etertnal. . A lot of people get sad and depressed and its like a deep hole in the soul when they think of no marriage in heaven becuase they understand mathew 22:30 wrong. This is a big DEAL. We were created for love and closeness and. I want this video to bring you peace and joy and to know you have a soulmate here on earth and in heaven if not on earth/another point is that Gods image is both male and female so what makes up a reflection of god is a relationship between a man and a woman. This is gods design. and purpose. And it is good. and it is eternal.
I would call it a spiritual wife or husband. God is all about love and closeness ,
and RELATIONSHIP.
two intertwined hearts that love.
will be for eternity with a couple in heaven.

I didnt believe this either. Until i looked into it.

A good reference here

Last edited:

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

the scripture In the resurrection, people will neither marry nor be given in marriage. Instead, they will be like the angels in heaven. has been misunderstood. the pharisees were talking about legal documents and nothing about soulmates, love, or companion ship. The pharisees were all about LAW and not the heart. Theyre question to Jesus about marriage was motivated by rules and not love. In scripture it also says that the desires of your heart will be granted if you delight yourself in God. This statement is not just for EARTH. It is for heaven too, becuase Gods words are etertnal. . A lot of people get sad and depressed and its like a deep hole in the soul when they think of no marriage in heaven becuase they understand mathew 22:30 wrong. This is a big DEAL. We were created for love and closeness and. I want this video to bring you peace and joy and to know you have a soulmate here on earth and in heaven if not on earth/another point is that Gods image is both male and female so what makes up a reflection of god is a relationship between a man and a woman. This is gods design. and purpose. And it is good. and it is eternal.
I would call it a spiritual wife or husband. God is all about love and closeness ,
and RELATIONSHIP.

A good reference here

Of course , there is 7 year wedding party in Heaven

Upvote 0

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Me: "Hmm, never heard of anyone other than Mormons believing in marriages in heaven, eternal marriages"
*clicks video and sees them with well done animations talking about us living with God spiritually before we were in our bodies on earth*
Also me: "Ooohhh... sneaky ninja Mormon video without actually saying the words Mormon or Latter Day Saints. Clever. "

The youtube name Prophets Among Us makes sense with that context because Mormons have that head prophet guy that rotates his position or whatever.
Plus Mormons love those fancy animations with cool temples, stars, etc.

Reactions: Saucy
Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Redeemed Resident Italian
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I remember seeing this video not too long ago. If it really is Mormon-related, then I wouldn't put any value on it whatsoever. However, I do agree with what you said to some extent.

When Jesus was responding to the Pharisees who were trying to trip Him up, He wasn't necessarily saying there wouldn't be companionship in Heaven. Jesus was basically telling them they had no idea what they were talking about. The law of marriage will not be necessary there. Also, there are a couple instances in Scripture of Jewish males marrying Gentile brides, which I do believe is a picture of Jesus and the Church in Heaven (made up of mostly Gentile believers). If Jesus will be united with the Church in Heaven, it would also make sense for saints in Heaven to have a companion as well.

At the same time, that doesn't mean that if we desire someone here on earth, that God will not allow us to marry. I'm sure there will be nothing to worry about; God gave us the desires we currently have, and they will be met to the fullest either here on earth or in Heaven especially.

Upvote 0

well hey

little.soul
Mar 24, 2014
U.S
✟23,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I remember seeing this video not too long ago. If it really is Mormon-related, then I wouldn't put any value on it whatsoever. However, I do agree with what you said to some extent.

When Jesus was responding to the Pharisees who were trying to trip Him up, He wasn't necessarily saying there wouldn't be companionship in Heaven. Jesus was basically telling them they had no idea what they were talking about. The law of marriage will not be necessary there. Also, there are a couple instances in Scripture of Jewish males marrying Gentile brides, which I do believe is a picture of Jesus and the Church in Heaven (made up of mostly Gentile believers). If Jesus will be united with the Church in Heaven, it would also make sense for saints in Heaven to have a companion as well.

At the same time, that doesn't mean that if we desire someone here on earth, that God will not allow us to marry. I'm sure there will be nothing to worry about; God gave us the desires we currently have, and they will be met to the fullest either here on earth or in Heaven especially.
best response

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

and RELATIONSHIP.

A good reference here
It makes sense that there will be no marriages in Heaven. Becuase,Heaven is a place of peace.And,those of you who have been married before,as I have,realize,that in marriage,there is not always.....peace.

Upvote 0

well hey

little.soul
Mar 24, 2014
U.S
✟23,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Me: "Hmm, never heard of anyone other than Mormons believing in marriages in heaven, eternal marriages"
*clicks video and sees them with well done animations talking about us living with God spiritually before we were in our bodies on earth*
Also me: "Ooohhh... sneaky ninja Mormon video without actually saying the words Mormon or Latter Day Saints. Clever. "

The youtube name Prophets Among Us makes sense with that context because Mormons have that head prophet guy that rotates his position or whatever.
Plus Mormons love those fancy animations with cool temples, stars, etc.
Just because some of the things in this video are mormon doesn't mean that some of the things said are not biblically correct. Dissect the teaching

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Serbian_W0lf

Apr 24, 2018
NY
✟21,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I think there will be sex in the next life but I don't see why marriage would be required in such a state of being that we would be in.

how can we have sex in the next life if next life is spirit ?

so if no marriage, you are saying that people will just have sex with anyone?

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟328,357.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
how can we have sex in the next life if next life is spirit ?

so if no marriage, you are saying that people will just have sex with anyone?

The resurrected body is a physical body. It just has supernatural ability. It's not limited by the laws that our current mortal body are. I couldn't tell you exactly how sex would work in the next life but I believe it will exist. The reasoning for that is simple. People try to argue sex won't exist in the next life because its bad/evil/immoral or that we will have no use for it because its not necessary for our species to survive. Clearly those reasons are incorrect because we know we will eat food yet we wouldn't be doing it for survival. We would be eating food because food is something God made and it is a good thing, and pleasureful. The same goes for sex. I just couldn't tell you how sex would work in a resurrected world. But I believe it will occur. Why would God allow food but not sex? If you get over your misconceptions about how sex is some dirty evil act, then you can see it for what it is.

Upvote 0