• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Good news - in remission

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟214,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've thought so for a long time, but I got the official word. Yay!

I had surgery, chemo and radiation, the works. My hair has been back for a while, but I still have mild neuropathy in my fingers and feet, but the fatigue is gone. Oddly, the bills are still coming in from two years ago - even with good insurance, they can co-pay you up the wazoo.

Doing the happy dance!

zachly

Dec 30, 2005
United States
✟8,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Psa 18:6 In my distress I called upon the LORD;
I'm sure much of this was scary; the unknown always is.
Thankfully, our Lord is our strength. I hope your remission is permanent.
In heaven we'll be able to get an upgrade on these fragile bodies and no more bills! Praise God.

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

I had surgery, chemo and radiation, the works. My hair has been back for a while, but I still have mild neuropathy in my fingers and feet, but the fatigue is gone. Oddly, the bills are still coming in from two years ago - even with good insurance, they can co-pay you up the wazoo.

Doing the happy dance!

Which cancer do/did you gave ? Colon ? So pleqsed for you. God is good all the time.

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Doing the happy dance!
I am greatful that you have gotten to this point. Did the doctors tell you how come you got the cancer in the first place and how you can prevent it from possibly coming back?

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟214,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am greatful that you have gotten to this point. Did the doctors tell you how come you got the cancer in the first place and how you can prevent it from possibly coming back?
Why I got it? Not really, luck of the draw. It is not hereditary, not hormonal, not environmental. To improve my chances of no recurrence - keep a healthy weight, exercise regularly, eat right (fresh food, not processed, no sugar), take baby aspirin and stay out of the sun.

Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why I got it? Not really, luck of the draw. It is not hereditary, not hormonal, not environmental. To improve my chances of no recurrence - keep a healthy weight, exercise regularly, eat right (fresh food, not processed, no sugar), take baby aspirin and stay out of the sun.

Luck of the draw? No such thing. There is a reason for everything. But good strategy for no recurrence except i don't know about the baby aspirin and staying out of the sun. The vitamin D is very important. You do need some sunlight. Deficiency in vitamin D has been linked to increased risk of many cancers so you don't want to avoid the sun totally. If you interested, I will like to share with you a link to a documentary series about cancer. It is the top doctors and scientists from all over the US given you information about cancer that I am 100% sure your doctors did not give to you to help you to prevent it from every happening again and giving you info to help anyone in your life who might ever have it. I can give you the link if you're interested.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟214,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Luck of the draw? No such thing. There is a reason for everything.
We disagree.

But good strategy for no recurrence except i don't know about the baby aspirin and staying out of the sun.
It has other benefits as well.

The vitamin D is very important. You do need some sunlight. Deficiency in vitamin D has been linked to increased risk of many cancers so you don't want to avoid the sun totally.
Yes, I'm aware of that.

If you interested, I will like to share with you a link to a documentary series about cancer. It is the top doctors and scientists from all over the US given you information about cancer that I am 100% sure your doctors did not give to you to help you to prevent it from every happening again and giving you info to help anyone in your life who might ever have it. I can give you the link if you're interested.
What is the source of the information and who made the documentary?

Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
I agree with you DD which one that gets ill and whose not is a numbers game and unfortune more than anything.

Does God permit illness and death?
Yes he does, but remember he never gives us a cross to heavy to carry.

I'm so happy you're in remission.
God bless you.

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We disagree.

It has other benefits as well.

Yes, I'm aware of that.

What is the source of the information and who made the documentary?

The documentary was made by Todd Bollinger. The source of the information comes from various experts (doctors and scientists) who are the ones giving the information. So you can look up each person as they are being interviewed if you wish.

Upvote 0

NOTWHATIWAS

I take my stage direction from God.
Jun 27, 2016
Oregon, USA
✟20,309.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single

Doing the happy dance!

Praise God!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟214,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The documentary was made by Todd Bollinger.

Who is Todd Bollinger? A freaking CPA and bodybuilder. Oh, and a "best-selling author".

From Untruths About Cancer in the Failed “Quest for Cures” [Part 1]

Ty Bollinger is a happily married husband and father, a CPA, health freedom advocate, cancer researcher, former competitive bodybuilder, talk radio host, and best-selling author.

Based on my viewing of episode 1 of his docu-series, I am convinced that Bollinger does have the cancer research skills one might develop in CPA training, a happy marriage, and from bodybuilding—perhaps supplemented by a “University of Google” degree like the one Jenny McCarthy told Oprah she has. The description of Bollinger continues:

After losing several family members to cancer (including his mother and father), Ty refused to accept the notion that chemotherapy, radiation, and surgery were the most effective treatments available for cancer patients. He began a quest to learn all he possibly could about alternative cancer treatments and the medical industry. What he uncovered was shocking.

A quest begun with a refusal to accept standard treatments as the best available looks like a quest to support a predetermined conclusion, not a quest to search for the truth based on an open-minded, unbiased analysis of the evidence.

Referring to a treatment as “alternative” does not make it a viable alternative. John E. Dodes and Marvin Schissel put it this way: “Erythromycin is an alternative to penicillin, but a pogo stick is not an alternative to an automobile.”

I watched the 68-minute Episode 1 and noted numerous false and misleading assertions from the 25 featured doctors, scientists, and survivors. Most of the people interviewed for the 11 episodes of the docu-series appeared in Episode 1. The first episode includes unfair criticisms of modern medicine, medical education, and the pharmaceutical industry; promotion of homeopathy; misinformation about the nature and causes of cancer; misinformation about cancer morbidity and mortality trends; and the misleading health freedom argument. Do I really need to watch more of these episodes?​
The source of the information comes from various experts (doctors and scientists) who are the ones giving the information. So you can look up each person as they are being interviewed if you wish.
Did you actually look any of them up?
The people Bollinger interviewed are not the world’s leading doctors, but infamous characters whose non-science-based views are notorious. I was only too familiar with many of the names: Matthias Rath, Mike “Health Ranger” Adams, Joseph Mercola, Jonathan Wright, Rashid Buttar, Russell Blaylock, Stanislaw Burzynski, and Tullio Simoncini. I will restrain myself and simply say these individuals are not reliable sources of health information. Others I was not familiar with, but they included “cancer conquerors” (patients with testimonials), journalists, chiropractors, naturopaths, integrative medicine practitioners, and operators of cancer clinics in Tijuana. He couldn’t have picked a more biased sample. He didn’t interview people like Siddhartha Mukherjee (the author of The Emperor of All Maladies), oncologists, or cancer researchers.

Source: ScienceBasedMedicine.org - “The Truth About Cancer” Series Is Untruthful About Cancer

I think it is wrong of you to prey on people in a cancer forum with this bogus anti-medicine quackery. Shame on you for going after vulnerable people. Really, you should put this garbage in the Conspiracy Forum not here. Even if you are gullible, naive or foolish enough to believe in this woo, trying to persuade people to forego their doctor's advice is just wrong.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟214,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I agree with you DD which one that gets ill and whose not is a numbers game and unfortune more than anything.

Does God permit illness and death?
Yes he does, but remember he never gives us a cross to heavy to carry.
Um, well, there are those who fall down and die under the weight...and not everyone is saved, so...

I'm so happy you're in remission.
God bless you.
Thank you, I appreciate that.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
QUOTE="DaisyDay, post: 69817659, member: 6146"]Based on my viewing of episode 1 of his docu-series, I am convinced that Bollinger does have the cancer research skills one might develop in CPA training, a happy marriage, and from bodybuilding—

After losing several family members to cancer (including his mother and father), Ty refused to accept the notion that chemotherapy, radiation, and surgery were the most effective treatments available for cancer patients. He began a quest to learn all he possibly could about alternative cancer treatments and the medical industry. What he uncovered was shocking. /QUOTE
SEEK, and KEEP SEEKING, and YOU SHALL FIND THE TRUTH, and THE TRUTH shall set you free.
Over a hundred thousand doctors have sought the TRUTH, and found it. They cannot advertise in the usa, but (some of) their clinics/ practice/ success rate is higher than all others. With no hair loss. With no nauea or vomiting. With no depression.
Instead - as it is written of the assemblies [ekklesia] - JOY, PEACE,and RIGHTEOUSNESS.
THREAD TITLE: GOOD NEWS
SCRIPTURE(GOOD NEWS):
Matthew 6:33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness ...
Matthew 6:33 Parallel Verses. New International Version But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
biblehub.com/matthew/6-33.htm
Matthew 6:33 KJV - But seek ye first the kingdom of God ...
Matthew 6:33 King James Version (KJV) 33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+6:33&version=KJV

Upvote 0