going to christian singles, but not church

Mike7251

Dec 11, 2005
✟15,228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is this christian singles group I know of, but it just feels wrong to start going there when I haven't even been going to church for a long time. How can I say this? When I get into something, I go 100%. Meaning that I manage my time poorly, it gets sucked up into whatever I happen to be focused on currently. That giant sucking sound has been video games for awhile. Help!

CSMR

Totally depraved
Nov 6, 2003
Oxford, UK & Princeton, USA
Visit site
✟3,466.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
Mike7251 said:
There is this christian singles group I know of, but it just feels wrong to start going there when I haven't even been going to church for a long time. How can I say this? When I get into something, I go 100%. Meaning that I manage my time poorly, it gets sucked up into whatever I happen to be focused on currently. That giant sucking sound has been video games for awhile. Help!
I feel the same way. I think I will need to use some parental managemant software on myself to stop myself surfing the internet so much. I don't think I can avoid having a computer entirely but it would be best if I could.

Upvote 0

fishstix

Senior Veteran
Jan 18, 2004
✟19,629.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Mike7251 said:

Could this group be a step towards going back to church? If so, then it shouldn't be a problem to start attending the group and use it as a stepping stone to also start attending church.

Upvote 0

California Dreamin'

Crazy Cat Lady
Site Supporter
Mar 30, 2004
Nova Scotia, Canada
✟60,435.00
Faith
Un. Church of CA
Marital Status
Engaged
I went to Intervarsity Christian Fellowship at high school all grade 11 and grade 12, but I only started going to church in October of grade 12. I had to wait until I got my driver's license.

I had wanted to start going to to IVCF in grade 9 but I was too scared because I knew who went and they seemed like jerks.

Upvote 0

California Dreamin'

Crazy Cat Lady
Site Supporter
Mar 30, 2004
Nova Scotia, Canada
✟60,435.00
Faith
Un. Church of CA
Marital Status
Engaged
TriptychR said:
Taking one or two hours out of your week to go to church doesn't sound like too tremendous a sacrifice for me if you're really worried about it. If you can take an hour or two out for single's ministry, then why not church as well?

That's a good point. I am involved with many activities now and going to school as well, I have something to do every night except for Thursday and Saturdays. But before that, when I was only going to school, I would really look forward to church on Sunday because I knew I had something to do besides school and that I had plans.

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟383,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I don't see the harm in it. You may find more fellowship at the singles group than at the main service (smaller size, friendships may happen more easily).

Thing is, you will probably make friends with a group of people who go to church services together... and they may invite you to come along. This is a good thing, since it will give you people to sit with. It sure is easier for me to go to a new church when I already know people there.

Upvote 0

JPPT1974

May 2024 Spring Fever!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟570,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
canadiancarebear said:
That's a good point. I am involved with many activities now and going to school as well, I have something to do every night except for Thursday and Saturdays. But before that, when I was only going to school, I would really look forward to church on Sunday because I knew I had something to do besides school and that I had plans.

That is good that you are
I hope that you enjoy them
You are a busybee I see. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums