• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Going crazy and need prayers

southernwonder

Feb 27, 2010
US
✟18,312.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I hit a depressive episode and my psychiatrist is taking me off Abilify to put me on another medicine. I keep having these bad attacks of severe physical symptoms of anxiety. My heart races and my blood pressure shoots up. I don't know if it's a withdrawal syndrome or what but I am going crazy. My chest is tight and it makes me feel like I'm losing my mind.

Anyone been through this?

Prayers for wisdom and this to stop please

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hit a depressive episode and my psychiatrist is taking me off Abilify to put me on another medicine. I keep having these bad attacks of severe physical symptoms of anxiety. My heart races and my blood pressure shoots up. I don't know if it's a withdrawal syndrome or what but I am going crazy. My chest is tight and it makes me feel like I'm losing my mind.

Anyone been through this?

Prayers for wisdom and this to stop please

Yes I have been through that. It can be horrible and last a few weeks. Please remember to pass all your anxious thoughts to Jesus, keep doing that until you begin to feel better.

:hug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPzKtlJW6Tw

Upvote 0

Press On

Giving up what I am to become what I will be.
May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I saw my primary care doctor yesterday and he gave me some medicine to regulate my blood pressure and heart rate. I haven't felt the physical symptoms yesterday or today and my vital signs have been good.

Good news!:clap:

Upvote 0

jusme

May 19, 2012
Mississippi, USA
✟8,810.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, I have experienced severe panic attacks and anxiety like that. I know it can cause you to think your going crazy!! but, you not. Nobody has ever gone crazy from anxiety, thy just fear that they are going to. Ironically, that fear can fuel our anxiety. So, just say to yourself..."well if I go crazy so what" and you will begin to improve. Besides, Jesus loves the crazy people too.;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

southernwonder

Feb 27, 2010
US
✟18,312.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I have experienced severe panic attacks and anxiety like that. I know it can cause you to think your going crazy!! but, you not. Nobody has ever gone crazy from anxiety, thy just fear that they are going to. Ironically, that fear can fuel our anxiety. So, just say to yourself..."well if I go crazy so what" and you will begin to improve. Besides, Jesus loves the crazy people too.;)

LOL "Jesus loves the crazy people too"!
:)

Upvote 0

jsimms615

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I saw my primary care doctor yesterday and he gave me some medicine to regulate my blood pressure and heart rate. I haven't felt the physical symptoms yesterday or today and my vital signs have been good.

continuing to pray for you

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mcastillo79

Dec 8, 2014
Miami, FL
✟7,699.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
have definitely been there... Many times in the last 5 years. I went through tons of different meds till i found the right ones, bless Jesus. The anxiety and depression will pass, it always does. praying for you. stretch a lot, study some MBCT, pray, spend some time in silence with the Lord, spend time with loved ones, get some sun daily for like 15 mins, try Cymbalta and maybe Gabapentin, good combo.

Upvote 0