Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,063,317.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
You are neither in error or not in error. Yours is merly opinion with little or no proof you opinion is fact. It's what people often do when they want scripture say what they want it to say.
Are you, then, disagreeing with John MacArthur?

"These letters, as you know, are directed at seven churches, actual churches, historical churches in actual cities in Asia Minor. But they transcend their time and space and they become model letters to various kinds of churches that exist in all eras of church history." - John MacArthur Laodicea: The Lukewarm Church, Part 1

The Seven Churches then are written that one can read into and find things not discovered by others... Things in time, space, and geography...

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
“This is my best argument, and I believe the message to Sardis was meant for Sardisean times!”

It was meant for the Church at Sardis. Just as the epistles to the Corinthians were meant for the Church at Corinth.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,063,317.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
“This is my best argument, and I believe the message to Sardis was meant for Sardisean times!”

It was meant for the Church at Sardis. Just as the epistles to the Corinthians were meant for the Church at Corinth.

"These letters, as you know, are directed at seven churches, actual churches, historical churches in actual cities in Asia Minor. But they transcend their time and space and they become model letters to various kinds of churches that exist in all eras of church history." - John MacArthur Laodicea: The Lukewarm Church, Part 1

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

It pains me to agree with anything John McArthur says, but in this case he is just stating the obvious. But note that he said “in all eras of church history.” The entire Bible was originally written for people living two to three thousand years ago, but it has been of relevance to people living in every single year since - not in so called Sardinian times, of your own invention.

As another poster has said, don’t add to the Word of God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,063,317.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
It pains me to agree with anything John McArthur says, but in this case he is just stating the obvious. But note that he said “in all eras of church history.” The entire Bible was originally written for people living two to three thousand years ago, but it has been of relevance to people living in every single year since - not in so called Sardinian times, of your own invention.

As another poster has said, don’t add to the Word of God.

A Sardis is a gem.... Elegant, hard, and unchangeable to name a few. In which also describes the churches of this era. Back in that times people couldn’t take the idea of being wrong.

Last edited:
Upvote 0