JBB2

Apr 9, 2016
Columbus Ohio
✟7,613.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have been going through a very tough time - work is crazy stressful - I have always thought I knew how God speaks to me - it is just a simple one or two word response in my spirit - through the years the soft whispered responses in my spirit have always proven correct - even when I felt doubtful - the soft whispers remained and it always worked out as the whispers had said - as I mentioned my job is crazy stressful - impacting my health and life stressful - so I have been looking for an open door - one presented itself in late January so I took a step of faith and applied - everything in corporate America takes so long - I was finally notified to that my application was chosen for the testing phase of the process - I passed - just as Gods whisper said I would - so I moved on to the next phone interview phase - I passed that just like God said to my spirit I would - so the last phase was a panel interview - God's whisper told me I had it - so I wen to the interview and I felt we connected and it had gone great - there was a few week wait as they finished other interviews - and I kept talking to God and the whispers in my spirit kept telling me I had it - Friday I got a Dear Sorry email - they chose someone else - I felt so empty inside - not mad at God - just confused - the whisper - what I feel as Gods voice was wrong - I didn't get the job - everything I believed in how God spoke/speaks came into question - but all evening and all day today as I pray and talk to God that voice/whisper keeps telling me I have this - I am so confused - has any of you ever experienced anything like this? What happened? I love God with all my heart - and I want his will for me - I am just scared and confused - and my stress from this job is about to break me.

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I agree. God wanted you there for a purpose---only the timing is in question, not the job.
there are many biblical examples of this--David is one of them.
He was anointed long before he actually became the King.
He knew how to herd sheep but he had to learn how to rule over people. and that took time.

so take another look at the job you applied for, and see if there's anything more that you have to learn.

Secondly, since the compay hired someone else it's also possible that the company itself is not in the position that God wants it to be in yet. Maybe it also has a transition to make before you are hired.

Trust God to lead you in this.

Upvote 0

live4Christ2016

Apr 22, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
✟16,335.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes I deal with this all of the time. It can be extremely confusing and frustrating. Just keep seeking God and his love for you regardless of what you do for a job. You obviously have something as God says you do. Keep trusting. I don't have the answers but know to keep trusting even when it becomes difficult.

Upvote 0

shelley1952

May 14, 2016
Illinois
✟8,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am just scared and confused - and my stress from this job is about to break me
There is so many scriptures about fear and confusion, as matter of fact there is scripture to cover anything. The thing is you need to find them,read them, then make sure you take them to heart not just your head. I dont know exactly whats going on but I am sure the Lord doesnt want you being scared. Maybe He is wanting you to learn how to handle the stress where it isnt affecting your health with His help. Let me say, you can see whats happening in the world around you right ? Surely you know we are in the end of the end times ? Let me say, there is a time coming where you could find yourself in a situation where you either deny the Lord or possibly be tortured and be killed. Now that is stressful. If you cant handle the stress of your job how would you handle this situation ? Turn your back on the Lord to keep from being tortured and to stay alive on earth a while longer ? Sure better not do that and end up in hell. We cant run from things but with Gods help,we can stand up to them. Better take this chance to learn to trust the only one who can save your eternal soul, do this my brother. Its time to get to really know the Lord also beware as the enemy can come to you as an angel of light. If you have fear in your life something is wrong, find out what and make it right. You can do this, the Lord has your back. May you find Gods Peace and Truth
“There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.” 1 John 4:18

1 Corinthians 14:33 - For God is not [the author] of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10

“For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” 2 Timothy 1:7

“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.” Psalm 56:3

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7

“An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up.” Proverbs 12:25
“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” Matthew 6:34

Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's usually impossible for me to see the silver lining when something bad happens - many times later I'll look back and seen benefits that came out of it. Even if I don't, I have to try and understand that things can and will still get better in some way. Sorry you did not get the position.

Upvote 0