West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have been doing a study of righteous kings in Israel, and I like Hezekiah. Some of the Kings started out good, but ended badly. I think the culprite is pride. However, Hezekiah had some pride but humbled himself it says in "
In those days Hezekiah was sick and near death, and he prayed to the Lord ; and He spoke to him and gave him a sign. But Hezekiah did not repay according to the favor shown him, for his heart was lifted up; therefore wrath was looming over him and over Judah and Jerusalem. Then Hezekiah humbled himself for the pride of his heart, he and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, so that the wrath of the Lord did not come upon them in the days of Hezekiah.
II Chronicles 32:24‭-‬26 NKJV "

But the question I had was regarding His test: God tested Him it says below but I didn't understand what the test entailed. I was just curious. I don't have a working computer monitor, so I can't use my software to cross reference it.

"However, regarding the ambassadors of the princes of Babylon, whom they sent to him to inquire about the wonder that was done in the land, God withdrew from him, in order to test him, that He might know all that was in his heart."
II Chronicles 32:31 NKJV

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Another good king: "
There had been no Passover kept in Israel like that since the days of Samuel the prophet; and none of the kings of Israel had kept such a Passover as Josiah kept, with the priests and the Levites, all Judah and Israel who were present, and the inhabitants of Jerusalem.
II Chronicles 35:18

Upvote 0