South Wales
✟15,517.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're welcome and appreciate yours as well. :)

Agree

Yes agreed again, although this is a direct reference to the Ten Commandments- when God spoke and wrote His holy law.

20 And God spoke all these words, saying:

8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

Because Hebrews 3 and 4 is bringing us back to obedience to God in order to receive His rest which is free from rebellion and sin. Isa 48:18

I understand this is what you say, but what does God say is what we need to go by. The Sabbath started at Creation, not in the days of Noah.

This is God writing and speaking:

Exo 20:11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

The Sabbath is made for man Mark 2:27 as the day to keep holy Exo 20:8 so we can honor God on His holy day Isa 58:13 and join ourselves with Christ, to serve Him, love His name and do what He deems is righteous Isa 56:1-6 and He blesses and sanctifies us Eze 20:12 because man can't sanctify ourselves we need God. Keeping the Sabbath shows we are one of God's people Eze 20:20 and we place our faith in Him to do what He asks and trust He knows what's best for us. The Sabbath is about both physical rest on the seventh day and spiritual rest. The day we can unplug from the world and focus on God. So this is not a future event according to God. It is a weekly event

Exodus 20:10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath

There two different rests in this passage as a few people have been trying to tell you. The Sabbath rest is always connected to the seventh day according to God.

Exodus 20:10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath

To enter into Christ rest we also rest from our works, just as God did, on the seventh day. Two rests, not one.

Heb 4:10 For he who has entered His rest (Christ rest) has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His. (Sabbath rest)

When did God cease from His works?

Heb 4:4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

In Christ rest there is no rebellion to Him and His commandments including the Sabbath commandment, there is just peace. Isa 48:18

This passage is a call to obedience to God, it starts in Hebrews 3 which is a direct reference to Psalms 95.
Hi Sabbathblessing thank you for your reply as for Christs rest I don't think he had one

Heb 4:8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.

Heb 4:9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

Heb 4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

So as we see in verse 4:8 Jesus did not give them rest the day of rest is the Farthers rest which is the millennium..

Love and Peace
Dave

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟82,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
God did not take 1000 years to make creation.
I am talking about the age or era we live in began 13000 years ago when the glaciers melted. We find Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden on the eighth day because God rested on the seventh day after He made man. There was a massive extinction and a new era 13000 years ago.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟82,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
We are not in heaven yet, so we have literal days.
Yes Jesus was raised on the third day. If a day is equal to 1,000 years then the third day is upon us very soon. If your not interested that is fine. WE are here for people that want to learn and understand these things.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟501,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yes Jesus was raised on the third day. If a day is equal to 1,000 years then the third day is upon us very soon. If your not interested that is fine. WE are here for people that want to learn and understand these things.
Again, literal days, we are not in heaven yet. Jesus was not in heaven when He resided with man, He was on earth.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟82,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Again, literal days, we are not in heaven yet. Jesus was not in heaven when He resided with man, He was on earth.
I personally do not know about the 1,000 year reign of Christ if it is literal or symbolic. Some people believe we will be resurrected so we rule and reign with Jesus here on the earth. But I learn toward this being symbolic like we can not see the Holy Spirit of God now in this age or era.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟501,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hi Sabbathblessing thank you for your reply as for Christs rest I don't think he had one
Lets go through this verse by verse
Heb 4:8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
I'm not sure what translation you are using but it was Joshua who was leading the Israelites into the Promise Land into Canaan, who was a type of Christ, but it was not literal Jesus, it was Joshua being guided by Christ

The rest in this verse is not the Sabbath rest, its the rest into Canaan, which is a type of heaven.

The Israelites would have been in Canaan much sooner, but was not able to enter due to disobedience (any parallels to where we are now?)

Heb 4:6 Since therefore it remains that some must enter it, and those to whom it was first preached did not enter because of disobedience

This verse takes us back to the story of Joshua and the Israelites into the wilderness, so you need to be familiar with that story.

Many of the Israelites never entered into Canaan due to disobedience and what did they disobey?

Eze 20:13 Yet the house of Israel rebelled against Me in the wilderness; they did not walk in My statutes; they despised My judgments, ‘which, if a man does, he shall live by them’; and they greatly defiled My Sabbaths. Then I said I would pour out My fury on them in the wilderness, to consume them.

Which is why another day was mentioned. Not that the Sabbath is now another day. Only God has the Authority to change His commandments and God said He would not alter His Words Psa 89:34. The another day was to enter into Canaan and why they were in the wilderness for 40 years because they did not obey God.

Heb 4:9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

Because many of the Israelites disobeyed the God including the Sabbath rest- which is according to the commandment Luke 23:56, they did not enter into their rest into Canaan.

Which is why....

Heb 4:9NIV There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God;
Which is why the rest in this verse literally translates into Sabbath-keeping

sabbatismos: a sabbath rest
Original Word: σαββατισμός, οῦ, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: sabbatismos
Phonetic Spelling: (sab-bat-is-mos')
Definition: a sabbath rest
Usage: a keeping of the Sabbath, a Sabbath rest.

Sabbath-keeping remains for God's people which reconciles with the teachings of God Psa 89:34 and Jesus Mat 5:18 Mat 5:18-30 Mat 15:3-14 Mark 7:7-13 and why all of God;s peopkel in scripture kept the Sabbath, just as Jesus did Luke 4:16 who is our example to follow
Heb 4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
To enter into Christ rest we also rest from our works, just as God did, on the seventh day. Two rests, not one.

Heb 4:10 For he who has entered His rest (Christ rest) has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His. (Sabbath rest)

Heb 4:4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

And why we are told not to follow the Israelites same path of disobedience Heb 4:11 like Eze 20:13 Eze 20:21 to enter our promised rest.

In Christ rest there is no rebellion to Him and His commandments including the Sabbath commandment, there is just peace. Isa 48:18
So as we see in verse 4:8 Jesus did not give them rest the day of rest is the Farthers rest which is the millennium..
I'm not seeing that in the Text

Hebrews was written decades after the Cross where nothing at the Cross can be changed from Christ's covenant ratified by the blood of Jesus. Hebrews mainly quotes from the time of David and the time of Joshua. Before entering into Canaan 40 years later the Ten Commanemtns were repeated and taught to diligently keep. Joshua 22:5

Only Christ can reverse His blessing Num 23:20 not man. There is no thus saith the Lord's that says we can disobey God's commandments, all the thus saith the Lords on God's holy Sabbath day are warning us to not profane but to keep and we can either yield ourselves as servants to obey Christ and trust His every Word or yield ourselves to sin and rebellion which separates us from God. Rom 6:16 Isa 59:2 we each will have to make these decisions and live with the consequences come Judgement Day. James 2:10-12 Rev 22:11 Rev 22:14-15
Love and Peace
Dave
Back at you. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟344,210.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I personally do not know about the 1,000 year reign of Christ if it is literal or symbolic. Some people believe we will be resurrected so we rule and reign with Jesus here on the earth. But I learn toward this being symbolic like we can not see the Holy Spirit of God now in this age or era.
Clearly the Passover was both Literal and Symbolic. Many, who come in Christ's Name, speak from the position of disobedience to God's Commandment concerning HIS Holy Sabbath, as it has been a tradition of religious man to pollute and/or reject God's Sabbaths since the beginning. A tradition taught by another voice, not God's, or His Prophets, or His Son.

Ez. 20: 10 Wherefore I caused them to go forth out of the land of Egypt, ( slavery to sin) and brought them into the wilderness. (A land of the New Man they had never been before (which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.)

11 And I gave them my statutes, and shewed them my judgments, which if a man do, he shall even live in them.

12 Moreover also I gave them my sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them.

13 But the house of Israel rebelled against me in the wilderness: they walked not in my statutes, and they despised my judgments, which if a man do, he shall even live in them; and my sabbaths they greatly polluted: then I said, I would pour out my fury upon them in the wilderness, to consume them.

Paul clearly understood this.

1 Cor. 1: 1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;

2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; 3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat; 4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ. 5 But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.

6 Now these things were "our examples", to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.

The rebellious Jews clearly polluted God's sabbath Day. I would ask a question since we are here to learn.

When God rested from His Work at creation, did this also include teaching His Children in the way that they should go? Did this include the work of Chastisement? When men use Christ's Words, that HE and His Father worked, and they do so to justify their doing as they please on God's Holy Day, are they implying that God and His Son were hypocrites, and broke their own Commandment?

Or could it be that God doesn't consider changing a son's diaper, or feeding your children, or teaching a child in the way that he should go, or healing a sick brother was prohibited "work"? Maybe if a person were to seek God's truth regarding God's Kingdom, and God's Righteousness, they would find as I have, that helping a sick or impaired brother on God's Sabbath Days was never a forbidden work. Taking a walk in fellowship on God's Holy sabbath and eating a blackberry or ear of corn along the way, was never prohibited. Not in God's Commandments anyway. Maybe, according to the Law of the Pharisees who taught "for doctrines the commandments of men", Jesus and His Disciples were transgressing God's sabbath commandment. But certainly, they did nothing to break the Sabbath of the God of Abraham.

It seems it's much easier and more acceptable to the flesh to seek justification for our own religious traditions, than to seek the Truth of God which might exp[ose a tradition as from man and not God..

Upvote 0

davetaff

Mar 4, 2024
South Wales
✟15,517.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lets go through this verse by verse

I'm not sure what translation you are using but it was Joshua who was leading the Israelites into the Promise Land into Canaan, who was a type of Christ, but it was not literal Jesus, it was Joshua being guided by Christ

HI Sabbathblessing thank you for your reply but I am not talking about Joshua and Israel I'm talking of Christ and his body of believers entering the millenium the Farthers Sabbath rest.

The rest in this verse is not the Sabbath rest, its the rest into Canaan, which is a type of
heaven.

The rest in Canaan is just a mirror image of things that would happen later

The Israelites would have been in Canaan much sooner, but was not able to enter due to disobedience (any parallels to where we are now?)

Heb 4:6 Since therefore it remains that some must enter it, and those to whom it was first preached did not enter because of disobedience

This verse takes us back to the story of Joshua and the Israelites into the wilderness, so you need to be familiar with that story.

Many of the Israelites never entered into Canaan due to disobedience and what did they disobey?

Eze 20:13 Yet the house of Israel rebelled against Me in the wilderness; they did not walk in My statutes; they despised My judgments, ‘which, if a man does, he shall live by them’; and they greatly defiled My Sabbaths. Then I said I would pour out My fury on them in the wilderness, to consume them.

Which is why another day was mentioned. Not that the Sabbath is now another day. Only God has the Authority to change His commandments and God said He would not alter His Words Psa 89:34. The another day was to enter into Canaan and why they were in the wilderness for 40 years because they did not obey God.

Because many of the Israelites disobeyed the God including the Sabbath rest- which is according to the commandment Luke 23:56, they did not enter into their rest into Canaan.

What you say above is ok but I would like to keep to the end times I know the history of Israel can tell us much

Which is why....

Heb 4:9NIV There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God;
Which is why the rest in this verse literally translates into Sabbath-keeping

sabbatismos: a sabbath rest
Original Word: σαββατισμός, οῦ, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: sabbatismos
Phonetic Spelling: (sab-bat-is-mos')
Definition: a sabbath rest
Usage: a keeping of the Sabbath, a Sabbath rest.

The above is wasted on me I don't have enough education to understand it

Sabbath-keeping remains for God's people which reconciles with the teachings of God Psa 89:34 and Jesus Mat 5:18 Mat 5:18-30 Mat 15:3-14 Mark 7:7-13 and why all of God;s peopkel in scripture kept the Sabbath, just as Jesus did Luke 4:16 who is our example to follow

How can Christ rest we know he and the Father have been working until now and we know he will be working in the millennium s,o there is no rest for Christ

God the Father will rest during Christs millennial reign

And why we are told not to follow the Israelites same path of disobedience like Eze 20:13 Eze 20:21 to enter our promises rest.

I'm not seeing that in the Text

Hebrews was written decades after the Cross where nothing at the Cross can be changed from Christ's covenant ratified by the blood of Jesus. Hebrews mainly quotes from the time of David and the time of Joshua. Before entering into Canaan 40 years later the Ten Commanemtns were repeated and taught to diligently keep. Joshua 22:5

Hi we don't need the ten commandments if we love as we should then we comply with all Gods laws and commandments

Only Christ can reverse His blessing Num 23:20 not man. There is no thus saith the Lord's that says we can disobey God's commandments, all the thus saith the Lords on God's holy Sabbath day are warning us to not profane but to keep and we can either yield ourselves as servants to obey Christ and trust His every Word or yield ourselves to sin and rebellion which separates us from God. Rom 6:16 Isa 59:2 we each will have to make these decisions and live with the consequences come Judgement Day. James 2:10-12 Rev 22:11 Rev 22:14-15

Love and Peace
Dave

Back at you. :)

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟501,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
@davestaff

You said
HI Sabbathblessing thank you for your reply but I am not talking about Joshua and Israel I'm talking of Christ and his body of believers entering the millenium the Farthers Sabbath rest.

But you are quoting Hebrews 4 which is referring to David in Psa 95 and Joshua leading the Israelites into Canaan. The passage is taking us back to the wilderness.

For example

Hebrews 4:7 again He designates a certain day, saying in David, “Today,” after such a long time, as it has been said:

“Today, if you will hear His voice,
Do not harden your hearts.”

Is a repeat from Hebrews 3

Hebrws 3:7 Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says:

“Today, if you will hear His voice,
8 Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion,
In the day of trial in the wilderness,
9 Where your fathers tested Me, tried Me,
And saw My works forty years.
10 Therefore I was angry with that generation,
And said, ‘They always go astray in their heart,
And they have not known My ways.’

11 So I swore in My wrath,
‘They shall not enter My rest.’ ”

Which is quoting David

Psalms 95

Today, if you will hear His voice:
8 “Do not harden your hearts, as in the [c]rebellion,
As in the day of [d]trial in the wilderness,
9 When your fathers tested Me;
They tried Me, though they saw My work.
10 For forty years I was [e]grieved with that generation,
And said, ‘It is a people who go astray in their hearts,
And they do not know My ways.’
11 So I swore in My wrath,
‘They shall not enter My rest.’ ”

So the writer of Hebrews was taking about what the Israelites did and their disobedience and applying it for today, which is why the Sabbath rest (commandment) remains for God's people today. Heb 4:9NIV

There is no Sabbath millennium. The Sabbath is connected to the seventh day Exo 20:10- God's Words, not mine.

TODAY If we hear His voice- do not be in rebellion, like the Israelites who also profaned God's Sabbath. Eze 20:13 Eze 20:21 You are thinking we can follow their same path of disobedience Heb 4:11 and expect a different result, but this scripture is telling us we can't. It's up to us to believe the warning, or not. It's not wise to think we can do what God tells us not to do over and over again Eze 20:13 Eze 20:21 Isa 56:1-6 Isa 58:13 Eze 22:26 Mat 5:19 Mat 15:3-14 etc but expect a different result. We do have free will though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟501,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hi Sabbathblessing you asked What is love to God
according to scripture
Love is the greatest power in the universe God is Love, love will eradicate all evil in the world

Love and Peace
Dave
Love is not an emotion or feeling , it is an action.

1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome.
John 14:15 If you love Me, keep My commandments
Exo 20:6 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

Love is tied to obedience to God. If we love Him, we would keep His commandments, its that simple.

1 John 2:4 He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Jesus gave us everything and asks for so little in return.

Upvote 0

davetaff

Mar 4, 2024
South Wales
✟15,517.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi so lets put this thread back on track Gods sabbath rest which I believe is Christs millennial when he will reign for a thousand years one day with God everything is given to Christ to finish the creation The Father steps back and takes a well earned rest.
So the millenium is Gods sabbath rest on which no work should be done but Christ worked on the Sabbath.

‭Luke 6:9-10 ESV‬
[9] And Jesus said to them, “I ask you, is it lawful on the Sabbath to do good or to do harm, to save life or to destroy it?” [10] And after looking around at them all he said to him, “Stretch out your hand.” And he did so, and his hand was restored.

So dose this mean Christ will be working in the millenium finishing the creation of mankind in the image of God.

Love and Peace
Dave

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟501,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hi so lets put this thread back on track Gods sabbath rest which I believe is Christs millennial when he will reign for a thousand years one day with God everything is given to Christ to finish the creation The Father steps back and takes a well earned rest.
So the millenium is Gods sabbath rest on which no work should be done but Christ worked on the Sabbath.

‭Luke 6:9-10 ESV‬
[9] And Jesus said to them, “I ask you, is it lawful on the Sabbath to do good or to do harm, to save life or to destroy it?” [10] And after looking around at them all he said to him, “Stretch out your hand.” And he did so, and his hand was restored.

So dose this mean Christ will be working in the millenium finishing the creation of mankind in the image of God.

Love and Peace
Dave
You mention you want to put the thread back on track but quote from the weekly Sabbath, because that is what the Sabbath is. Would you please post one scripture that says the Sabbath is the millennium instead of being on the seventh day, because that is when God said it was. Exo 20:10

The millennium is after the first resurrection for the saints. They will spend the 1000 years with Jesus before He comes down from heaven to raise up the sinners, this is the second resurrection We should strive to be part of the first resurrection.

The first resurrection is for the saints

1 Thes 4:17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for [a]a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. (notice how it does not say Sabbath here) This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.

At the close of the 1,000 years the holy city, new Jerusalem Revelation 21:2 comes down from heaven to the earth with all the saints Zechariah 14:1, 5 and the wicked dead of all ages are raised to life Revelation 20:5. They surround the city to capture it Revelation 20:9, but fire comes down from out of heaven and devours them. This fire purifies the earth and burns up all traces of sin 2 Peter 3:10, Malachi 4:3. Then God creates a new earth 2 Peter 3:13; Isaiah 65:17; Revelation 21:1 for the saints, and “God Himself will be with them and be their God” Revelation 21:3. God will wipe away all tears, no more sin or sinners, just the way God always planned it before the disease of sin entered.

Rev 20:11 Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before [c]God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. 14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second [death. 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

One of the last scriptures in the bible before the Revelation of Jesus Christ is this.

Rev 22:14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.

The Sabbath is part of these commandments as it is a commandment of God Exo 20:8-11 Exo 20:6, written personally by God our Creator and our Savior, breaking it is no different than worshipping other gods or stealing James 2:10-12 and His Words we are to live by. Mat 4:4

Last edited:
Upvote 0

davetaff

Mar 4, 2024
South Wales
✟15,517.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Sabbathblessing thank you for your reply I am not talking of the weekly sabbath I am talking of the fathers sabbath rest which is a future event.

Jhn 5:17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work

So if the Father and Son were working up to the time of Christ when do you suggest will be the Fathers sabbath rest it has to be a future event and the only logical day is Christs millennial reign.
The Father rested after he had created man in his image and Christ is that man

Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

So Jesus Christ is the only man in scripture who is said to be the image of God this will be at his second advent when he comes and gathers together all his believers its only then the Father can take his rest.

Love and Peace
Dave

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟501,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hi Sabbathblessing thank you for your reply I am not talking of the weekly sabbath I am talking of the fathers sabbath rest which is a future event.

So if the Father and Son were working up to the time of Christ when do you suggest will be the Fathers sabbath rest it has to be a future event and the only logical day is Christs millennial reign.
The Father rested after he had created man in his image and Christ is that man

Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

So Jesus Christ is the only man in scripture who is said to be the image of God this will be at his second advent when he comes and gathers together all his believers its only then the Father can take his rest.

Love and Peace
Dave
Look friend, I understand what you're saying, but its not what the plain scriptures say. You're trying to make the Text say something it doesn't and seem to be ignoring the plain Text as what it does say. I think its important to allow God's Word to interpret Itself, it truly does not need our help. It will only lead us down the wrong path Pro 3:5-6

You used two proof texts to prove the 1000 years is the Sabbath rest

Yet neither verses has the Sabbath rest or 1000 years in the text, adding what is not there is something we are warned about that I believe we should take seriously. Pro 30:5-6

The Sabbath rest is according to the commandment
Luke 23:56 Then they returned and prepared spices and fragrant oils. And they rested on the Sabbath according to the commandment.

Lets acknowledge what God says and allow Him to direct our path.

God in His own Words that He both personally wrote and spoke said this about the Sabbath
Exodus 20:10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God

God wrote this so plainly, so there would be no confusion. We just need to believe Him. The Sabbath is something man does...its a commandment, which means its not optional or part of a multiple choice law.

Exo 20:8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.

Isa 56:1
56 Thus says the Lord:

“Keep justice, and do righteousness,

For My salvation is about to come,
And My righteousness to be revealed.
2 Blessed is the man who does this,
And the son of man who lays hold on it;
Who keeps from defiling the Sabbath,
And keeps his hand from doing any evil.”

You're free to keep going in the direction you are but these verses has a thus saith the Lord to them and the Sabbath commandment was written by the finger of God. Exo 32:16 Exo 31:18 There is no Greater Authority to live by. So I hope you consider in prayer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

davetaff

Mar 4, 2024
South Wales
✟15,517.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Look friend, I understand what you're saying, but its not what the plain scriptures say. You're trying to make the Text say something it doesn't and seem to be ignoring the plain Text as what it does say. I think its important to allow God's Word to interpret Itself, it truly does not need our help. It will only lead us down the wrong path Pro 3:5-6

You used two proof texts to prove the 1000 years is the Sabbath rest

Yet neither verses has the Sabbath rest or 1000 years in the text, adding what is not there is something we are warned about that I believe we should take seriously. Pro 30:5-6

The Sabbath rest is according to the commandment
Luke 23:56 Then they returned and prepared spices and fragrant oils. And they rested on the Sabbath according to the commandment.

Lets acknowledge what God says and allow Him to direct our path.

God in His own Words that He both personally wrote and spoke said this about the Sabbath
Exodus 20:10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God

God wrote this so plainly, so there would be no confusion. We just need to believe Him. The Sabbath is something man does...its a commandment, which means its not optional or part of a multiple choice law.

Exo 20:8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.

Isa 56:1
56 Thus says the Lord:

“Keep justice, and do righteousness,

For My salvation is about to come,
And My righteousness to be revealed.
2 Blessed is the man who does this,
And the son of man who lays hold on it;
Who keeps from defiling the Sabbath,
And keeps his hand from doing any evil.”

You're free to keep going in the direction you are but these verses has a thus saith the Lord to them and the Sabbath commandment was written by the finger of God. Exo 32:16 Exo 31:18 There is no Greater Authority to live by. So I hope you consider in prayer.
Hi Sabbathblessing thank you for your reply but the verses i have provided mean exactly what they say if you have a better explanation please give it

Are you saying Heb 1:3 dose not mean that Christ isou saying Jhn 5:17 is not saying that God the Father was not working up to the time of Christ I don't mind you saying I got it wrong but please give a better explanation for these verses as far as I'm concerned they mean exactly what they say.

Love and Peace
Dave

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟501,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hi Sabbathblessing thank you for your reply but the verses i have provided mean exactly what they say if you have a better explanation please give it

Are you saying Heb 1:3 dose not mean that Christ isou saying Jhn 5:17 is not saying that God the Father was not working up to the time of Christ I don't mind you saying I got it wrong but please give a better explanation for these verses as far as I'm concerned they mean exactly what they say.

Love and Peace
Dave
What I am saying is neither verse uses the word Sabbath or 1000 years or future Sabbath rest.

This is referring to now- where Jesus is, in His heavenly Temple, not made with human hands Heb 8:2

This is in relation to the previous verse John 5:16 So, because Jesus was doing these things on the Sabbath (the seventh day), the Jewish leaders began to persecute him.

This is referring to the "work" Jesus was doing while on earth which was the "work" the Father sent His Son to do. Many take "work" as something man does and apply it to God, like its secular work. The work of Jesus was always to minister to man, which He healed on the Sabbath (seventh day) but that was not breaking the Sabbath as the Pharisees accused Jesus. It was never a sin to heal people on the Sabbath and it is not one now. The Pharisees were taking something that is beautiful, God's Sabbath and making it all about rule-keeping and not about the blessing and delight it is meant to be by spending time with God on His Sabbath- God cares about our needs and man needs both physical rest and spiritual rest in Christ, which is what the Sabbath provides. Rest from our works so we can keep the Sabbath day holy- Exo 20:8, the day to honor God Isa 58:13 and if someone is sick and needs help, its not a sin to help.

God never gave Himself the commandment to work six days and keep the seventh day holy- He did so at Creation for man's example Gen 1 Gen 2:1-3 , but the Sabbath was made for man Mark 2:27. We are not God so we can't compare His work to our secular works and labors to survive on this earth. Exo 20:9. Jesus never broke the Sabbath, this is what the Pharisees accused Him of, just like they accused Him of not being equal to God. Both false accusations.

So I don't see how these two verse you provided refer to a future Sabbath rest, when neither say it in the Texts.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

davetaff

Mar 4, 2024
South Wales
✟15,517.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Sabbathblessing thank you for your reply you

What I am saying is neither verse uses the word Sabbath or 1000 years or future Sabbath rest. Thats the claim you made, but it's not what the scriptures say

They don't have to say those things I base then on my interpritation of God creating man in his image which is based on the creation account in Genesis which should be read starting with Noah would take 7 days 1000 years long the last day the 7th day is Gods sabbath rest as stated in Genesis never forgetting

Isa 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure.

The beginning is the creation account in Genesis the end is man in the image of God who is Jesus Christ so when we have man in the image of God then God can take his Sabbath rest which can only be Christ's millennium thats the only thing that comes after Christ's second coming.
Consider the 4th day of creation God creates the sun the moon and the stars the sun represents Christ the light of the world the moon his bride the elect the stars the children of God created by Christ and his bride.
The whole of scriptureis based in the creation account

Love and Peace
Dave

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟501,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hi Sabbathblessing thank you for your reply you

What I am saying is neither verse uses the word Sabbath or 1000 years or future Sabbath rest. Thats the claim you made, but it's not what the scriptures say

They don't have to say those things I base then on my interpritation of God creating man in his image which is based on the creation account in Genesis which should be read starting with Noah would take 7 days 1000 years long the last day the 7th day is Gods sabbath rest as stated in Genesis never forgetting

Isa 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure.

The beginning is the creation account in Genesis the end is man in the image of God who is Jesus Christ so when we have man in the image of God then God can take his Sabbath rest which can only be Christ's millennium thats the only thing that comes after Christ's second coming.
Consider the 4th day of creation God creates the sun the moon and the stars the sun represents Christ the light of the world the moon his bride the elect the stars the children of God created by Christ and his bride.
The whole of scriptureis based in the creation account

Love and Peace
Dave
No, I do not believe that Creation was a 1000 years, but was just the way God said it was. He spoke it and it was so. It was a literal week, just like the Sabbath is the seventh day, not 1000 days. Just as God said it was. Exo 20:10 And why almost all ancient languages the Sabbath translates into Saturday. Why would God give a commandment to keep the Sabbath day holy if man doesn't even barely live 100 years yet alone 1000 years. That would be pointless and that's not the God we serve,

Otherwise we can't believe the stories of the scriptures. for example, in the wilderness for 40 years God supplied manna every day with a double portion on the sixth day for the Sabbath. So the way you interpret scripture would have the Israelites living over 1000's of years and not eating during that time, which is impossible.

God kept the Sabbath Exo 20:11 Jesus kept the Sabbath Luke 4:16, the apostles kept the Sabbath Acts 18:4 and His faithful followers kept the Sabbath Luke 23:56. Nothing about only keeping it in the future and we can profane today. That didn't work out so well for the Israelites Eze 20:13 Eze 20:21 Something we are warned not to follow their example of disobedience Heb 4:11

Guess we will have to agree to disagree. I wish you well in seeking Truth to God's Word.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟82,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
was never prohibited. Not in God's Commandments anyway.
I had a good friend who was a seventh day and had strong beliefs about what not to do on the Sabbath. He admitted that he was not fully able to keep the sabbath but they do the best they can and limit themselves. For example when he was a truck driver he would not drive his truck for 24 hours. I would think it would be boring to sit there and do nothing for 24 hours but he was use to it.

Upvote 0