Visit site
✟877,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, they were quite helpful, with the exception of one.

You said what you can't get people to accpet about Jesus' plain statements. Do you accept any of His other statements? Or rather, are there any of Jesus' statements you don't accept?

Upvote 0

payattention

Sep 23, 2005
✟903.00
Faith
SDA
tall73 said:
Yes, they were quite helpful, with the exception of one.

You said what you can't get people to accpet about Jesus' plain statements. Do you accept any of His other statements? Or rather, are there any of Jesus' statements you don't accept?
Everything Christ said is of vital importance to me. He is my leader.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then I will try to limit myself to only quotations of Christ when addressing you. This is what I was trying to discern earlier because it was clear we were wasting our time addressing other scriptures to you which you do not view the same as we do.

Now I realize you think some may have some value, but you can't take them at face value. So rather than argue each one out, which I have no burden to do, from now I will simply address you with the word's of Christ.

Thanks

Out of curiosity, how do you then interpret the statement of Jesus in Matt. 16:25-28. Or rather, what are the implications you speak of.

Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Woobadooba,

I have apprecaited your posts on this thread. Please check out the law one if you didn't already.

I do think there are often principles. But there are cases where they would be hard to find out what the principle is.

For a demonstration of what I've been teaching here, see post #10 in the thread: Is The law Applicable

Upvote 0

Peguero

Aug 10, 2004
Germany
✟7,676.00
Faith
Non-Denom
payattention said:
The more I listen to my Christian brethren the more concerned I get about a long-standing effort to determine what kinds of activities will keep others out of heaven. Last night I had a long talk with a friend who insisted on saying that there are people who have said they want nothing to do with God and those people will go to hell because they have rejected God. I kept asking why she believed they had rejected and she kept going back to what they had said. I sense the same sentiment in discussions among other Christians who conclude that people who are doing this and such will be lost.

Why do we think that we have to engage in this type of discussion? Do we really think that we the ones deciding their destiny? I think we should come to the realization that our only responsibility is to live according to what we know and believe. When we decide to divine other people's condition before God we are trying to do work He has reserved to Himself. We are putting ourselves in His place. To put it bluntly, we are trying to be God and are therefore putting another god before Him.
I have to disagreed. If you love your brother and sister I think you will not want your brother and sister to perished in such a horrific way. We must followed the example of Christ, apostle, paul , Huss, Luther, ect. by witnessing the word of God to our fellow brothers and sis. But if we sense that a discussion that may bring disagreement, then we should stop, or focus on the only thing that is Important, CHRIST.

May God bless you and bring you joy/peace to you and your family.

Upvote 0

payattention

Sep 23, 2005
✟903.00
Faith
SDA
Peguero said:
I have to disagreed. If you love your brother and sister I think you will not want your brother and sister to perished in such a horrific way. We must followed the example of Christ, apostle, paul , Huss, Luther, ect. by witnessing the word of God to our fellow brothers and sis. But if we sense that a discussion that may bring disagreement, then we should stop, or focus on the only thing that is Important, CHRIST.

May God bless you and bring you joy/peace to you and your family.
On this you and I are agreed. Que Dios te bendiga.

Upvote 0

payattention

Sep 23, 2005
✟903.00
Faith
SDA
tall73 said:
Out of curiosity, how do you then interpret the statement of Jesus in Matt. 16:25-28. Or rather, what are the implications you speak of.
This passage clearly states that Jesus expected to return to earth and bring an end to the reign of sin before all His disciples died. He was not delusional. This expectation was based on the fact that He knew that He had accomplished His work of redeeming the human race. Unfortunately, the early church dropped the ball and Christ was disappointed. As a result of that failure the church strayed further until the Reformation was necessary but even there they failed to rectify whatever it was that was wrong. Then there was the great Awakening of the 1840's. In 1856 EGW records that an angel told her that some people who had attended a conference in that year would not die before Christ returned. It did not happen. Instead of admitting that Christ's promise in Matt. and the angel's announcement in 1856 were sabotaged because of a failure on our part we have chosen to claim that God knew He would not have returned before 2005, thus casting doubt on Jesus' state of mind.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

payattention

Sep 23, 2005
✟903.00
Faith
SDA
tall73 said:
what then do we do? Finish the work. I thought that was the obvious conclusion.
What work should we finish? Are you referring to the same work we have been doing for ages that has not worked? Finish the work does not tell us much. We must first determine what the work is. It is possible to be very active about work that is not required. You will still be busy but you won't be effective. This is where the church finds itself today. The evidence is the fact that 2,000 years after Christ expecte to return we are still here.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am familiar with the statements of EGW on the subject of the failed return then. My point was, I thought you were referring to what do we do about the subject of the missaplication of the text. Which is not really a concern of mine.

Upvote 0

payattention

Sep 23, 2005
✟903.00
Faith
SDA
tall73 said:
I am familiar with the statements of EGW on the subject of the failed return then. My point was, I thought you were referring to what do we do about the subject of the missaplication of the text. Which is not really a concern of mine.
I thought you answered that question already. But now you seem to be saying you did not know what the question was. I am confused.

Upvote 0