✟16,424.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Celibate
Hello everyone.

So as you may have guessed from the title I have strong sense that God is calling me and over the past couple of years I have been discussing this sense of calling with my priest and to cut a long and winding story short we have agreed to send me to the diocese for a full assesment and interview after my confirmation (I strayed from God's love during my teenage years due to naivety and arrogance and wasn't confirmed at 16 I am 22 now). I have prayed, studied, reflected and listened to the word and voice of God I am certain that this is the path he wants for me (even if I am not to be ordained I feel my life is in the service of God and his Church), my question is for anyone who has gone down this path before is have you or someone you know experience this almost restless energy and wakefulness, I am often up late at night either in prayer or feeling a strong desire to reflect upon the events of my life reguarding ordination. My priest said that many other candidates and priests haves experienced this but because of Covid I can't really speak to them directly. Does anyone have any experience with this restlessness?

Thank you for your time and God Bless,

Simon.

• Friendly
Reactions: Joined2krist

ChristServant

Aug 23, 2020
South
✟26,634.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello everyone.

So as you may have guessed from the title I have strong sense that God is calling me and over the past couple of years I have been discussing this sense of calling with my priest and to cut a long and winding story short we have agreed to send me to the diocese for a full assesment and interview after my confirmation (I strayed from God's love during my teenage years due to naivety and arrogance and wasn't confirmed at 16 I am 22 now). I have prayed, studied, reflected and listened to the word and voice of God I am certain that this is the path he wants for me (even if I am not to be ordained I feel my life is in the service of God and his Church), my question is for anyone who has gone down this path before is have you or someone you know experience this almost restless energy and wakefulness, I am often up late at night either in prayer or feeling a strong desire to reflect upon the events of my life reguarding ordination. My priest said that many other candidates and priests haves experienced this but because of Covid I can't really speak to them directly. Does anyone have any experience with this restlessness?

Thank you for your time and God Bless,

Simon.
Your walk is with GOD not an organization and especially not for medals and adornment like the Pharisees, to lift yourself up above others in the body of Christ. These are earthly things in my opinion, preying on our pride, vanity and self. Look to Christ, the Holy Spirit and the Apostles for your guidance on your walk. Look to save the lost, this was their priority not organizations of man and the things of the world.

Many church organizations promote these positions in their churches as did the gentiles.
25And He said to them, "The kings of the
Gentiles exercise lordship over them,
and those who exercise authority over
them are called "benefactors.'
26But not so among you; on the contrary,
he who is greatest among you, let him
be as the younger, and he who governs
as he who serves

You are a child of GOD. Anything you do as a Christian is suppose to be to bring Honor and Glory to GOD not man or self or organization.

Peace be with all those in the body of Christ

God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth

Truly we are hear to serve and not to be served

Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him

Upvote 0