God's Amazing Grace...What's Your Story?

Tsquared

Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2017
Canada
✟86,933.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hello again everyone,

I hope all is well. This evening I am just sitting here pondering the amazing grace of God. I don't know about you, but I am thankful for His grace, and I've needed it every day of life. I find it awesome how we cannot even begin to comprehend how merciful God really is. There have been times in my life where I wonder how God could ever forgive me and continue to love me after I've sinned against him...but then I'm reminded...
2 Corinthians 12:9 King James Version (KJV)
9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

I'm just wondering if anyone would like to share their story (testimony) of how God's grace has brought you through? Even though I was brought up in the church, I've had my fair share of struggles, and God has brought me through them all. I'm looking forward to reading everyone's stories! God Bless.

Tsquared

Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2017
Canada
✟86,933.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I'd like to here more details about your story...please?
I am assuming you are directing that at me, so I can give some details :) As I mentioned, I was raised in church, however my entire family (Mother, Father, and Brother) all quit church when I was about 5 years old...but for some reason, I continued to go with my great-grandparents (that in itself was a miracle). So the church acted as my spiritual family (as it should) for my entire childhood. Amazingly, I stayed in church my entire life, I have never once backslid despite many things that have happened to me. For instance, I had very un-supportive youth leaders at one point (whose children ran the youth group) and they became jealous when I learned to play piano; they tried in many ways to discourage me from learning, but the more they did, they more I learned. In addition, I learned piano with only the help of God, no musical lessons at all; my great-grandmother and I would sit at an old keyboard and she would sing and pray for my hands (that God would help me to learn), and I would attempt pick out the tune of the old hymns...a couple people showed me some chords, and I put it all together and went from there!

It hasn't always been rainbows and butterflies though, I've had many trials throughout my life so far. For instance, I have rather obsessive thinking (like OCD) which runs through one side of my family; this was a real curse. But with the help of God I feel so much better than I did, He is helping me to overcome it one day at a time :) . Also, my parents recently (last month) divorced and my Father is taking it extremely hard; but God can change any situation. I asked him if he would come to church, and he actually said "yes" a couple of weeks ago! So for the last few weeks he has started church again and he was actually at the front praying last week and gave his heart back to God (insert glory dance here :D )!

Those are just a few of the things that have happened to me over my short life-span, but God has undoubtedly been good to me. Despite all the tests, I actually became a fully licensed minister within my organization that I was brought up in, got my Bachelor of Arts (and am starting my Masters in the Fall in Psychology), been youth pastor for a couple of years, and now I am on the ministry staff at my current church. I haven't been perfect, I've struggled in areas of my life along the way, but God's grace and mercy was always there to pick me back up again. I could go on and on with more stories, but the bottom line is, God's been good!

Now, I ask in return, would you mind sharing your story? :) God bless you, and thanks for the question.

Upvote 0