Jul 5, 2007
Detroit, Michigan, USA
✟8,628.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Hello MamaZ! :wave:

The second death? Depending on whether you're a believer or not it can be a blessing or a curse. For unbelievers, the second death is a blessing because after they die their first natural physical death and are incorruptibly resurrected as Jesus promised to "all who are in the graves," they are then judged at the Great White Throne and then consigned to the Lake of Fire (Lake of Truth, light and reality) they may, after getting a real good painful look at themselves, cry out to God: "Jesus, save me, an ungrateful sinner!"

At this point the Lord can provide a spiritual resurrection (New Birth) and blessed second death of "the old man of sin" to those who cry out to Him for salvation.

Now in the case of believers, a second death is a curse because they all have spiritually died when they came to God and accepted their salvation.
Therefore dying again physically (second death) would be a curse. The only ones so far who have walked "the narrow way" and thus escaped a believer's second death are Enoch and Elijah.
================================================================================
Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy [is] he that hath part in the first resurrection (New Birth): on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Rom 6:3-4 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Rom 6:6-8 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with [him], that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.
8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

1Cr 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

(parentheses are my own).
================================================================================

So, all believers who have come to God for salvation have died and been spiritually resurrected (born again) alive unto God with the spirit of Christ within.

Questions? arguments? Fire away!:amen:

Best Blessings,
"Arph"
-------------

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Arphaxad12

BIBLE TECHNICIAN
Jul 5, 2007
Detroit, Michigan, USA
✟8,628.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Hello icamewithasword :wave:

The Greek says: "everlasting correction." Do you suppose an incorruptibly resurrected unbeliever has to stay forever in everlasting correction? If he does then it's not correction! Maybe when he gets a real good painful look at himself and cries out to God for salvation, God will birth him anew and put the "old man of sin" to death eternally as He did with Saul of Tarsus. "Always speak good of the dead" Saul of Tarsus is dead - GOOD! But the Apostle Paul will be alive forever - GOOD!

Please remember: "The wages of sin is DEATH," not eternal punishment. How do you punish the dead? Rock and Roll music??:idea:

Maranatha,
"Arph"
----------

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I had a girlfriend who was a jazz singer once. She told me she once had a nightmare where she was in hell and it was an auditorium with loud, bad rock bands playing non-stop. When she tried to leave, she saw the doors had been chained & locked.

Upvote 0
M

MamaZ

Depends on what one considers the second death. But the one the scriptures teach about is in no way a blessing.. :) It is appointed for man to die once then comes the judgement.. The second death is outlined as well in the scriptures.

Rev 21:6 And He said to me, It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the Ending. To the one thirsting, I will freely give of the fountain of the Water of Life.
Rev 21:7 The one overcoming will inherit all things, and I will be God to him, and he will be the son to Me.
Rev 21:8 But for the cowardly and unbelieving, and those having become foul, and murderers, and fornicators, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all the lying ones, their part will be in the Lake burning with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.

Who are the ones overcoming?

1Jn 5:1 Everyone believing that Jesus is the Christ has been generated from God. And everyone who loves Him who begets also loves the one who has been born of Him.
1Jn 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God: when we love God and keep His commandments.
1Jn 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments; and His commandments are not heavy.
1Jn 5:4 Because everything having been born of God overcomes the world, and this is the victory overcoming the world, our faith.

Upvote 0

Arphaxad12

BIBLE TECHNICIAN
Jul 5, 2007
Detroit, Michigan, USA
✟8,628.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Hi MamaZ! :wave:

That is one cute baby!! Sure looks like he's not going hungry.:yum:

Anyway, you mentioned that "It is appointed to men ONCE to die." So hows come all those Jesus raised from the dead in His Earthly ministry all had to die TWICE?? I'm speaking of Lazarus, Mary and Martha's brother, Jairus' daughter, the widow of Nain's son, and even all those in the entire bible who were raised by God back to their Earthly life.

And moreover, all those who were raised from bodily death back to their Earthly life, accidentally got a second chance to exercise faith in God and thus receive their salvation even after they had already died once. :confused:

Did you realize that the bible says that if you've come to God for salvation you have already died spiritually once and received your first resurrection (New Birth) as a new creature, alive unto God with the spirit of Christ within?:
Col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with [him], that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Gal 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Jhn 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up AGAIN at the last day. (when was the FIRST time??:confused: )

(underlines, parentheses, color and size emphases are my own).
===============================================================================

Revelation 20:14 (New Living Translation) Then death and the grave were thrown into the lake of fire. This lake of fire is the second death (of "the old man of sin"). (parentheses are my own).

You also asked: "Who are those who overcome?" My answer: They are those who please God by "entering in at the strait gate and walking the narrow way" as Enoch and Elijah did, thus completely escaping the grave. So far they are the only ones who have escaped bodily death, but there will be many, many others to prepare the way before Christ returns:
1Cr 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

Best Blessings,
"Arph"
--------
P.S. Don't anybody miss water baptism, It's a powerful gift from God for spiritual strength. The Lord does a mighty inner work in water baptism!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.