• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Online.Gamer.79

Online.Gamer.79 Member

+113
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I was not going to post hear again but I had an interesting argument with an atheist friend.

The exact sperm cell and egg cell needed to meet to create you with the DNA sequence that encoded you, and brought you into existence; a one-in-250 million chance for a sperm cell alone. That is the odds of a human being coming into existence...when you start talking about the earth, galaxy, entire universe the number is much much higher.

Take god out of the equation and still the math says some higher being created everything call it god or aliens...but something started the big bang, and I do believe in that. I believe that is how god created the universe. I am arguing Genesis but I was arguing with a friend of mine who is an atheist. I have know problem with someone having a different view than me, what I do have a problem with is insulting my beliefs

I have never really understood a atheist view. What I find amusing is alot of people who do not believe in god...see the light when there facing there own death. I think fear has something to do with it. People fear what they can not understand and alot of times they try to destroy it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. timothyu

timothyu Well-Known Member

+4,181
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    That has always been a default human nature, no doubt linked to our animalistic instinctive behaviour. But that thinking works both ways.

3. Online.Gamer.79

Online.Gamer.79 Member

+113
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Yeah well I think I would rather face hell than face nothing. Nothing would mean our lives have no true meaning. I want to see my mom again, my dad, my grandparents, my first dog lol

4. timothyu

+4,181
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    I understand, but if we do end up knowing nothing after the body craps out, then we won't miss anything. It seems to me there must be some purpose for the individual identities of all creatures, other than as a moment in time (unless each put together is a recorded history of creation stored in the cloud).

5. Union With Christ

Union With Christ Active Member

+62
    United States
    Unorthodox
    Single
    Stare at your eye in the mirror long enough and you will no longer be an atheist.

6. timothyu

+4,181
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    People still practice that pastime from the 60's?

7. Union With Christ

+62
    United States
    Unorthodox
    Single
    Not sure what you mean.

I’m talking about the fact that the complexity of the human eye proves the existence of God.

8. timothyu

+4,181
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    oh

9. Union With Christ

+62
    United States
    Unorthodox
    Single

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Union With Christ

+62
    United States
    Unorthodox
    Single

11. Kenny'sID

Kenny'sID Well-Known Member Supporter

+6,371
    Christian
    Single
    That is because, as in your OP, you debunked the possibility of life without God using a perfect logic, a logic an Atheist will be in denial of.

The odds if anything from nothing are not astronomical, they are non existent.

12. Online.Gamer.79

Online.Gamer.79 Member

+113
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Well even if there is no god I would have aliens then lol.

DNA is just a fine, spiral coiled thread in the nucleus of every living cell. ... DNA can stretch to the moon and back again almost 1500 times, and reach the Sun and come back four times. Furthermore, if it is uncoiled, it can stretch 10 billion miles—going up to Pluto and back, with a total number of 17 trips.

And atheist want to say the universe is by chance ^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^

13. Kenny'sID

+6,371
    Christian
    Single
    It is rather funny when one thinks about it.

14. Online.Gamer.79

Online.Gamer.79 Member

+113
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Oh I believe in evolution and the big and universe and earth being billions of years old. But I believe god did all creation part.

15. timothyu

+4,181
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    And we can't even make appliances any more that last.

16. UnpopularOpinion

UnpopularOpinion New Member

+34
    Poland
    Christian
    Private
    Bible calls Atheists fools and that they know God exist but deny it in their mind.

17. Kenny'sID

+6,371
    Christian
    Single
    I believe such an almighty God as that can and would let us know just how we all came to be, so I'm a genesis man when it comes to that.

18. timothyu

+4,181
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    What is more important, where we've been or where we are going?

19. Kenny'sID

+6,371
    Christian
    Single
    I suppose it depends on where we have been and where we are going.

20. The Barbarian

The Barbarian Crabby Old White Guy

+7,030
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Try this:
    Take a deck of cards and shuffle it well. Then deal out one at a time, noting the order. The likelihood of that order is 1/52! or about

And yet it happens every time you do it. So astonishingly unlikely things happen constantly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.