Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
When the Hebrew priest were compiling the story of their origins in Babylon they had no way of knowing about science and evolution. They appropriated the Mesopotamian story of Adam, assuming he was the first man. The earth, it's age and the fossils within the stratified layers present a completely different story. The scriptures were intended for spiritual instruction to an Israelite audience.
News flash.... The Hebrew Prisests did not write the stories... these are the inerrant words of God, written by mere men as they were inspired by the Holy Spirit.

If you want to study the origins and application of the biblical text.. you will never find 66 books written in separate times, with 35 separate authors of all walks of life and education level or careers....through all different times of war, peace, slavery and times of freedom... that are held together by such uncanny accuracy and continuity.

Not only that, but the time span from events to documentation to written as history is quicker than any of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates, or any other famous ancient writings that are held to be more solid than the bible.

Combine that with the total number of original transcripts, parchments and documents for the bible far outweighs those for the commonly held truths of the aforementioned men of respected wisdom.

The bible is the living word of God... if it contradicts any common belief of men of any intellect or education or knowledge or "wisdom" it's only because we haven't found the truth, yet, in that regard.

Remember, God has said that "all will be reveled" and "the wisdom of men is foolishness"

So, I'll stick with the bible... not the words of mere, soon to be reveled as fools, men of so called knowledge and wisdom.

Upvote 0

JDD_III

May 29, 2017
South-east
✟17,940.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When you call into question the early books of the Bible you have to be prepared to call into question Jesus, for the NT certainly affirms he took a high view of the first books of the Law.

Secondly I switched off from one of the first paragraphs on the OP. Why? Because it says science must align to Scripture. Tell me, what is the scientific explanation for resurrection? Here's an easier one - converting 5 loaves of bread into 10,000? How would the scientific method analyse that bread and work out it came from nothing?

Or do you not believe the words of the NT either?

Creation was one, massive, miracle event. Science cannca explain miracles.

• Winner
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
When you call into question the early books of the Bible you have to be prepared to call into question Jesus, for the NT certainly affirms he took a high view of the first books of the Law.

Secondly I switched off from one of the first paragraphs on the OP. Why? Because it says science must align to Scripture. Tell me, what is the scientific explanation for resurrection? Here's an easier one - converting 5 loaves of bread into 10,000? How would the scientific method analyse that bread and work out it came from nothing?

Or do you not believe the words of the NT either?

Creation was one, massive, miracle event. Science cannca explain miracles.
I agree 100%

In the OT Christ concealed... In the New, Christ revealed.

You cannot cherry pick the events of the bible that you believe to be true that are supernatural things that God has done... or are allegorical or myth due to science........ because... the very thing that you trust in for the very salvation of your soul... is the most unscientific event of them all.....

Sometimes I believe that if our salvation was not dependent on the life of Christ and His work on the Cross... that would be considered poetry or allegory or parable or any number of things as well.

Upvote 0