Victoria
✟598,587.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Chronological Sequence of Prophetic Events.

I believe the Bible quite clearly presents an obvious & unmistakable sequence. I see that it unfolds naturally & logically as an outworking of the Divine purpose for the three classes of people recognized by God.

A. THE DAY OF CHRIST. (for the Body of Christ)

There is a time for events that relate to the Body of Christ culminating in the glorious appearing of our Lord Jesus.

B. THE DAY OF THE LORD. (for the Nations & Israel)

There is a time for world events, affecting the nations, leading up to the supreme dictator who will gather all people to the great battle of Armageddon.

C. THE DAY OF GOD. (for the Eternal Purposes)

Finally with the ultimate restitution of all things time will be absorbed into the eternal purposes.

I see that it is vital to distinguish to which time-zone prophecies are scheduled. Also, I believe God`s word shows a significant grouping of all related prophetical predictions under specific `Days.` These prophecies are put in their respective categories & the resultant calendar reveals events shortly to affect the entire world.

As this is a big subject I will post it in stages on different threads, for a more profitable discussion.

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,587.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
PROPHETIC CALENDAR

A. THE DAY OF CHRIST.

This relates, I believe, solely to the Body of Christ, & its removal from the earth. Paul is the only one who mentions this day and he is distinctly the Apostle to the Body of Christ.

`….so that you come short in no gift, eagerly waiting for the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ, who will also confirm you to the end, that you may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.` (1 Cor. 1:7 & 8)

`…being confident of this very thing, that he who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.` (Phil. 1: 6)

1. Gathering together unto Him.

a) The Lord Himself shall descend. (1 Thess. 4: 16)

b) The Body of Christ `caught up` to Him. (1 Thess. 4: 16 – 17, Eph. 5: 27)

2. The Judgment Seat of Christ.

a) Every Christian examined. (1 Cor. 4: 5, 2 Cor. 5: 10, Rom. 14: 10 – 12)

b) Rewards or Loss. (1 Cor. 3:11 – 15, 2 Jn. 8)

c) Crowns allocated. (1 Cor. 9: 25, 2 Tim. 4: 8, James 1: 12)

3. Restitution of All Things.

Commencement. (Acts 3: 21)

This is the first part of what I see as God`s prophetic calendar, so now what are your thoughts on this section.

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
PROPHETIC CALENDAR

A. THE DAY OF CHRIST.

This relates, I believe, solely to the Body of Christ, & its removal from the earth. Paul is the only one who mentions this day and he is distinctly the Apostle to the Body of Christ.

`….so that you come short in no gift, eagerly waiting for the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ, who will also confirm you to the end, that you may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.` (1 Cor. 1:7 & 8)

`…being confident of this very thing, that he who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.` (Phil. 1: 6)

1. Gathering together unto Him.

a) The Lord Himself shall descend. (1 Thess. 4: 16)

b) The Body of Christ `caught up` to Him. (1 Thess. 4: 16 – 17, Eph. 5: 27)

2. The Judgment Seat of Christ.

a) Every Christian examined. (1 Cor. 4: 5, 2 Cor. 5: 10, Rom. 14: 10 – 12)

b) Rewards or Loss. (1 Cor. 3:11 – 15, 2 Jn. 8)

c) Crowns allocated. (1 Cor. 9: 25, 2 Tim. 4: 8, James 1: 12)

3. Restitution of All Things.

Commencement. (Acts 3: 21)

This is the first part of what I see as God`s prophetic calendar, so now what are your thoughts on this section.

I would like to mention other scriptures that relates to the Rapture:

Luke 17:34-36,
34 "I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left." 35 "Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 36 "Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left."

The Day of the Lord prophesied in the old testament (The Rapture):
Isaiah 26:20, "Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hid thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast (This relates to those raptured who will enter into their chambers until the indignation past, and will be like in the days of Noah), because God has not appointed the church to wrath.

1 Thessalonians 5:9, "For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ."

Romans 5:9, "Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him."

Like the days of Noah: Matthew 24:37-39
37, "For as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be." 38 "For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark," 39 "And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be."

This scripture relates to the thousand year millennium period prophesied in the old testament (this period is after the war of Armageddon but before the White Throne Judgement):
Isaiah 62:10-12
10 "Go through, go through the gates; prepare ye the way of the people; cast up, cast up the highway; gather out the stones; lift up a standard for the people. 11 "Behold, the Lord hath proclaimed unto the end of the world, Say ye to the daughter of Zion, Behold, thy salvation cometh; behold, his reward is with Him, and his work before him. 12 "And they shall call them, The holy people, the redeemed of the Lord, and thou shall be called Sought out, A city not forsaken (Jerusalem).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jeffweedaman

Nov 22, 2020
PROSPECT
✟82,293.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Chronological Sequence of Prophetic Events.

I believe the Bible quite clearly presents an obvious & unmistakable sequence. I see that it unfolds naturally & logically as an outworking of the Divine purpose for the three classes of people recognized by God.

A. THE DAY OF CHRIST. (for the Body of Christ)

There is a time for events that relate to the Body of Christ culminating in the glorious appearing of our Lord Jesus.

B. THE DAY OF THE LORD. (for the Nations & Israel)

There is a time for world events, affecting the nations, leading up to the supreme dictator who will gather all people to the great battle of Armageddon.

C. THE DAY OF GOD. (for the Eternal Purposes)

Finally with the ultimate restitution of all things time will be absorbed into the eternal purposes.

The day of Christ , the day of the Lord and the day of God are all about Jesus appearing a second time.

2Pet 3
10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up.
11 Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, 12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be destroyed by burning, and the elements will melt with intense heat! 13 But according to His promise we are looking for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.

The day of God IS the day of the Lord and the day of Jesus Christ Glorious appearing in the glory of his Father.

2Thess 1
This is a plain indication of God’s righteous judgment so that you will be considered worthy of the kingdom of God, for which indeed you are suffering. 6 For after all it is only just for God to repay with affliction those who afflict you, 7 and to give relief to you who are afflicted and to us as well when the Lord Jesus will be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in flaming fire, 8 dealing out retribution to those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9 These will pay the penalty of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,

10 when He comes to be glorified in His saints on that day, and to be marveled at among all who have believed—for our testimony to you was believed.

Matt 16
Jesus said...,
27 For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and will then repay every man according to his deeds.

This is the day of God.

The restoration of all things in Act 3 is the consummation not the commencement.
The ministry of reconciliation / restoration started a long time ago Marilyn.

God bless.

• Agree
Reactions: Spiritual Jew
Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,587.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would like to mention other scriptures that relates to the Rapture:

Luke 17:34-36,
34 "I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left." 35 "Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 36 "Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left."

The Day of the Lord prophesied in the old testament (The Rapture):
Isaiah 26:20, "Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hid thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast (This relates to those raptured who will enter into their chambers until the indignation past, and will be like in the days of Noah), because God has not appointed the church to wrath.

1 Thessalonians 5:9, "For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ."

Romans 5:9, "Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him."

Like the days of Noah: Matthew 24:37-39
37, "For as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be." 38 "For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark," 39 "And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be."

This scripture relates to the thousand year millennium period prophesied in the old testament (this period is after the war of Armageddon but before the White Throne Judgement):
Isaiah 62:10-12
10 "Go through, go through the gates; prepare ye the way of the people; cast up, cast up the highway; gather out the stones; lift up a standard for the people. 11 "Behold, the Lord hath proclaimed unto the end of the world, Say ye to the daughter of Zion, Behold, thy salvation cometh; behold, his reward is with Him, and his work before him. 12 "And they shall call them, The holy people, the redeemed of the Lord, and thou shall be called Sought out, A city not forsaken (Jerusalem).

Hi biblelesson,

Thank you for your comments. Let`s go to Matt. 24: 37 - 41.

"For as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding at the mill: one will be taken and the other left.` (Matt. 24: 37 - 41)

So we see from reading further what the `one will be taken` means. It is referring to those in the days of Noah who did not believe and were `taken away in the flood.` This is what it will be like when the Lord comes with His mighty angels bringing judgment - one will be taken away in judgment. That is what the sheep and goats dividing is all about.

It is not the rapture for that is the gathering of the mature Body of Christ. Note also that the revelation of the Body of Christ was not known before the Lord revealed it to the Apostle Paul.

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,587.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The day of Christ , the day of the Lord and the day of God are all about Jesus appearing a second time.

2Pet 3
10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up.
11 Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, 12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be destroyed by burning, and the elements will melt with intense heat! 13 But according to His promise we are looking for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.

The day of God IS the day of the Lord and the day of Jesus Christ Glorious appearing in the glory of his Father.

2Thess 1
This is a plain indication of God’s righteous judgment so that you will be considered worthy of the kingdom of God, for which indeed you are suffering. 6 For after all it is only just for God to repay with affliction those who afflict you, 7 and to give relief to you who are afflicted and to us as well when the Lord Jesus will be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in flaming fire, 8 dealing out retribution to those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9 These will pay the penalty of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,

10 when He comes to be glorified in His saints on that day, and to be marveled at among all who have believed—for our testimony to you was believed.

Matt 16
Jesus said...,
27 For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and will then repay every man according to his deeds.

This is the day of God.

The restoration of all things in Act 3 is the consummation not the commencement.

God bless.

Hi Jeff,

Thank you also for your comments. I agree that the Lord will come as a thief in the night to Israel and the nations. However the Lord has said to His believers in the Body of Christ -

`But you brethren, are NOT in darkness that this Day should overtake you as a thief.` (1 Thess. 5: 4)

And what Day is that? `For you yourselves know perfectly that the Day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night.` (1 Thess. 5: 2)

So the believers know that the Day of the Lord comes as a thief in the night however NOT for them. It will NOT overtake them. Why? because the believers will see the Day of the Lord approaching.

`...exhorting one another and all the more as you see the Day (of the Lord) approaching.` (Heb.10: 25)

The writer of Hebrews goes on to talk of a `fearful expectation of judgment if sin wilfully. (v. 26 & 27) and this is the Day of the Lord - judgment.

The Day of Christ speaks of the Body of Christ coming to maturity in Christ NOT being judged.

The Day of the Lord speaks of judgment, not maturity of the Body.

You need to address those scriptures above (Day of Christ) and show they are the same as the Day of the Lord scriptures to prove what you are saying.

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,587.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I did that in post 4

You were talking about `judgment - the Day of the Lord. The Day of Christ refers to the maturing and catching away of the Body of Christ to Christ`s own throne. They (we) do not come under judgment.

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,587.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

God bless.

The restoration of all things spoken about by the prophets can only start when the Lord leaves His Father`s throne, comes for His Body and takes us to His own throne in the highest heaven. There He will be visible for us to see and begin to `put down all rule and authority.` (1 Cor. 15: 27)

That is then the beginning of the trib, the Day of the Lord, judgment upon the rebellious nations of the world.

In the middle of the trib, we find that the lower heavens are cleansed when Satan and his demons are cast out. Job tells us that the heavens are not pure in His sight. Thus they need to be cleansed to. (Job. 15: 15)

Then we know that the rulership of the world needs `putting down,` thus the Lord comes with His mighty angels (as you rightly said) and deals with the Satanic government of the world.

Then we know that the Lord will set up His righteous government through Israel and the nations will learn war no more. However they will still come under the Lord`s `rod of iron,` till finally God winds up time and time will be no more.

Then a New heavens and New earth, with every realm in God`s great kingdom with righteous rulership under the Lord. Restoration is a process over a long period of time.

Note: the restoration of `all things,`refers primarily to rulership in every realm of God`s great kingdom. (Col. 1: 16 - 18)
Marilyn.

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is not the rapture for that is the gathering of the mature Body of Christ. Note also that the revelation of the Body of Christ was not known before the Lord revealed it to the Apostle Paul.

Marilyn.

I don't know what you mean when you say the gathering of the "mature Body of Christ" vs "the Body of Christ."

However, there are plenty of places in the Old Testament that foretells the body of Christ. However, it was not understood by the prophets! There is nothing that is in the New Testament that was not foretold or prophesied in the Old Testament. God always tells what's going to happen in His word before it happens through His prophets.

The body of Christ in the Old Testament:

The Gentiles spoken of here are those Apostle Paul was commissioned to go to in the book of Acts - it was foretold in Isiah and other books of the bible:

God first became angry with Israel due to their sin, and told them way back during Moses times about the church. They did not understand what it meant, but it was foretold.

Deuteronomy 32:21, "They have moved me to jealousy with that which is not God; they have provoked me to anger with their vanities: and I will move them to jealousy with those which are not a people; I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation (Gentiles).

The only time God chose another nation other than Israel is under Christ. The Gentiles has to be grafted into the branch. Romans 11:11, "I say then, Have they (Israel) stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy. 12 "Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them be the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fullness?"

Isaiah 11:10, "And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse (Jesus), which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek (Body of Christ) and his rest shall be glorious.

Isaiah 28:16, "I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone (Christ), a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation; he that believeth (Body of Christ) shall not make haste."

Isaiah 42:6, "I the Lord have called the in righteousness (Jesus), and will keep the, and give thee for a covenant of the people (the body of Christ under the new covenant), for a light of the Gentiles..." (Here is the Body of Christ spoken about. Salvation foretold to be offered to the Gentiles under the gospel message of Apostle Pauls who was told to go to the Gentiles. Under the same New Covenant in Christ, Peter was told to go to the Jews).

Malachi 1:11, "For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles (only under the new covenant in Christ where the Gentiles grafted into the good olive tree, that is Israel); and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering for my name shall be great among the heathen, saith the Lord of hosts. (This is speaking about the Body of Christ)

Pay attention to the old testament references made by Apostle Paul in the gospel and by the other apostles. This will help to guide us to the old testament scriptures that relates to the church. And from that point using a concordance and other bible tools, such as a bible dictionary, etc. we are better able to search out scripture for a comprehensive view of the word.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Berean Tim

Mar 19, 2017
Houston TX
✟146,931.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi biblelesson,

Thank you for your comments. Let`s go to Matt. 24: 37 - 41.

"For as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding at the mill: one will be taken and the other left.` (Matt. 24: 37 - 41)

So we see from reading further what the `one will be taken` means. It is referring to those in the days of Noah who did not believe and were `taken away in the flood.` This is what it will be like when the Lord comes with His mighty angels bringing judgment - one will be taken away in judgment. That is what the sheep and goats dividing is all about.

Marilyn.
HI Marilyn,
You might want to check the Greek. It's two different words. "taken away in the flood" is (airo) most always used as taken in judgement."one will be taken" is (paralambano) it's used primarily in the positive like "take" a wife

Jesus used paralambano in John 14:1
1“Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God;a believe also in me. 2In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?b 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also

• Agree
Reactions: DavidPT
Upvote 0

jeffweedaman

Nov 22, 2020
PROSPECT
✟82,293.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You were talking about `judgment - the Day of the Lord. The Day of Christ refers to the maturing and catching away of the Body of Christ to Christ`s own throne. They (we) do not come under judgment.

Marilyn.

Peter and Paul refer to our catching away and Glorification happening on the day he comes to eternally punish the ungodly. Please reread 2 Pet 3 and 2 Thess 1.

Peter acknowledges that Paul refers to this event in all his letters.

2Pet 3
14 Therefore, beloved, since you look for these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, spotless and blameless, 15 and regard the patience of our Lord as salvation; just as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you, 16 as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction.

17 You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, be on your guard so that you are not carried away by the error of unprincipled men and fall from your own steadfastness, 18 but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory, both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,587.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know what you mean when you say the gathering of the "mature Body of Christ" vs "the Body of Christ."

However, there are plenty of places in the Old Testament that foretells the body of Christ. However, it was not understood by the prophets! There is nothing that is in the New Testament that was not foretold or prophesied in the Old Testament. God always tells what's going to happen in His word before it happens through His prophets.

The body of Christ in the Old Testament:

The Gentiles spoken of here are those Apostle Paul was commissioned to go to in the book of Acts - it was foretold in Isiah and other books of the bible:

God first became angry with Israel due to their sin, and told them way back during Moses times about the church. They did not understand what it meant, but it was foretold.

Deuteronomy 32:21, "They have moved me to jealousy with that which is not God; they have provoked me to anger with their vanities: and I will move them to jealousy with those which are not a people; I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation (Gentiles).

The only time God chose another nation other than Israel is under Christ. The Gentiles has to be grafted into the branch. Romans 11:11, "I say then, Have they (Israel) stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy. 12 "Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them be the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fullness?"

Isaiah 11:10, "And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse (Jesus), which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek (Body of Christ) and his rest shall be glorious.

Isaiah 28:16, "I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone (Christ), a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation; he that believeth (Body of Christ) shall not make haste."

Isaiah 42:6, "I the Lord have called the in righteousness (Jesus), and will keep the, and give thee for a covenant of the people (the body of Christ under the new covenant), for a light of the Gentiles..." (Here is the Body of Christ spoken about. Salvation foretold to be offered to the Gentiles under the gospel message of Apostle Pauls who was told to go to the Gentiles. Under the same New Covenant in Christ, Peter was told to go to the Jews).

Malachi 1:11, "For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles (only under the new covenant in Christ where the Gentiles grafted into the good olive tree, that is Israel); and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering for my name shall be great among the heathen, saith the Lord of hosts. (This is speaking about the Body of Christ)

Pay attention to the old testament references made by Apostle Paul in the gospel and by the other apostles. This will help to guide us to the old testament scriptures that relates to the church. And from that point using a concordance and other bible tools, such as a bible dictionary, etc. we are better able to search out scripture for a comprehensive view of the word.

Hi biblelesson,

Thank you for all those good scriptures referring to the Gentiles having a part in God`s great purposes. Of course we do not see the revelation of the Body of Christ in the OT, which was the further revelation given to the Apostle Paul.

Now you said -

I think if we look at Ephesians 4 we will get some understanding there.

`(When Jesus ascended) He Himself gave some apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers for the equipping of the saints for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the Body of Christ, TILL WE ALL COME to the unity of the faith and the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect, (mature) man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ.` (Eph. 4: 11 - 13)

So when the Body of Christ has come to the full understanding of God`s purposes in Christ, then we will be ready to take our eternal setting in glory.

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,587.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
HI Marilyn,
You might want to check the Greek. It's two different words. "taken away in the flood" is (airo) most always used as taken in judgement."one will be taken" is (paralambano) it's used primarily in the positive like "take" a wife

Jesus used paralambano in John 14:1
1“Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God;a believe also in me. 2In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?b 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also

Hi BT,

Yes words can be used differently in different settings. However we see how the Lord wanted the words `taken away` to be used by His use of them in the sentence before. One thought flows on to the other.

`taken away in the flood,` and `one will be taken`...... (Matt. 24: 37 - 41)

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,587.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Peter and Paul refer to our catching away and Glorification happening on the day he comes to eternally punish the ungodly. Please reread 2 Pet 3 and 2 Thess 1.

Peter acknowledges that Paul refers to this event in all his letters.

2Pet 3
14 Therefore, beloved, since you look for these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, spotless and blameless, 15 and regard the patience of our Lord as salvation; just as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you, 16 as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction.

17 You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, be on your guard so that you are not carried away by the error of unprincipled men and fall from your own steadfastness, 18 but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory, both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

Hi Jeff,

Yes Peter is referring to the Day of the Lord, (2 Peter 3: 10) which you mentioned previously. The believers had been worried that the Day of the Lord had come and they had missed the gathering together. (2 Thess. 2: 1 & 2)

Peter also refers to it as `a thief in the night.` However remember Paul said that that Day wouldn`t come upon the believers like that because they were NOT in darkness and they would see the Day approaching. (1 Thess. 5: 4, Heb. 10: 25)

The Day of the Lord is always mentioned as a time of trouble, darkness, God`s wrath, and judgment. This is not for the believers who have been saved by the Lord who took our judgment.

Marilyn.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jeffweedaman

Nov 22, 2020
PROSPECT
✟82,293.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Jeff,

Peter also refers to it as `a thief in the night.` However remember Paul said that that Day wouldn`t come upon the believers like that because they were NOT in darkness and they would see the Day approaching. (1 Thess. 5: 4, Heb. 10: 25)

1Thess 5
Now as to the times and the epochs, brethren, you have no need of anything to be written to you. 2 For you yourselves know full well that the day of the Lord will come just like a thief in the night. 3 While they are saying, “Peace and safety!” then destruction will come upon them suddenly like labor pains upon a woman with child, and they will not escape. 4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, that the day would overtake you like a thief; 5 for you are all sons of light and sons of day. We are not of night nor of darkness; 6 so then let us not sleep as others do, but let us be alert and sober. 7 For those who sleep do their sleeping at night, and those who get drunk get drunk at night. 8 But since we are of the day, let us be sober, having put on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet, the hope of salvation. 9 For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, 10 who died for us, so that whether we are awake or asleep, we will live together with Him. 11 Therefore encourage one another and build up one another, just as you also are doing.

I have highlighted the part I would like you to focus on , especially the underlined part.

It is clear that we are still present on earth as the day of the Lord does not overtake us. The day of the Lord can only overtake us if we are still here yes.?

Its our perseverance through affliction that protects us from his wrath when the Lord comes in flaming fire to dish out eternal destruction and also Glorify his own.....1st century believers included

2Thess 1
3 We ought always to give thanks to God for you, brethren, as is only fitting, because your faith is greatly enlarged, and the love of each one of you toward one another grows ever greater; 4 therefore, we ourselves speak proudly of you among the churches of God for your perseverance and faith in the midst of all your persecutions and afflictions which you endure. 5 This is a plain indication of God’s righteous judgment so that you will be considered worthy of the kingdom of God, for which indeed you are suffering. 6 For after all it is only just for God to repay with affliction those who afflict you, 7 and to give relief to you who are afflicted and to us as well when the Lord Jesus will be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in flaming fire, 8 dealing out retribution to those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9 These will pay the penalty of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power, 10 when He comes to be glorified in His saints on that day, and to be marveled at among all who have believed—for our testimony to you was believed.

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The two events won't happen at the same time. All the Apostles knew about Christ's second coming. John who is an apostle wrote Revelations and he gives us a more detailed account about this. Dealing with Revelations you see the Lamb opening up the seals, then the trumpets, then the vials. The seals, trumpets, and vials are all the same event but with each one expounding more on the events that's taking place. We really have to study Revelations, other bible prophecy, and the new testament to know what's really going on. You can't just use a few scriptures in the gospel to talk about Christ's return without studying Daniel, Zachariah, Micah, Revelations, Isaiah, Ezekiel. Also Matthew 25 goes over what's going on related to the subject of Christ's coming.

So before God's wrath is poured out on the earth, the Body of Christ is already in Heaven. We know this based on Revelations 5:9, before the Lamb opens up the seals. Because the Body of Christ who is called the four and twenty elders are praising Christ saying, "Thou are worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; And has made us unto our God kings and priest; and we shall reign on the earth." Now the angels and beast are around the throne also. Revelations 6 is when the first wrath of God starts upon the earth. The saints are in heaven already.

The saints come back with Christ to earth and stand on Mount Zion with Him, Revelation 14:1-4. The Body of Christ is part of the 144 thousand standing on Mount Zion. All of the 144 thousand have been redeemed by Christ. Read Revelation 14. Revelations 14:4 says they are virgins. Apostle Pauls says he present the church a chase virgin to Christ, (2 Corinthians 11:2):That's why they are virgins. The Kingdom of Heaven will be liken unto ten virgins...to meet the bridegroom (Matthew 25:1013): that's why they are virgins.

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1Thess 5
Now as to the times and the epochs, brethren, you have no need of anything to be written to you. 2 For you yourselves know full well that the day of the Lord will come just like a thief in the night. 3 While they are saying, “Peace and safety!” then destruction will come upon them suddenly like labor pains upon a woman with child, and they will not escape. 4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, that the day would overtake you like a thief; 5 for you are all sons of light and sons of day. We are not of night nor of darkness; 6 so then let us not sleep as others do, but let us be alert and sober. 7 For those who sleep do their sleeping at night, and those who get drunk get drunk at night. 8 But since we are of the day, let us be sober, having put on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet, the hope of salvation. 9 For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, 10 who died for us, so that whether we are awake or asleep, we will live together with Him. 11 Therefore encourage one another and build up one another, just as you also are doing.

I have highlighted the part I would like you to focus on , especially the underlined part.

It is clear that we are still present on earth as the day of the Lord does not overtake us. The day of the Lord can only overtake us if we are still here yes.?

Its our perseverance through affliction that protects us from his wrath when the Lord comes in flaming fire to dish out eternal destruction and also Glorify his own.....1st century believers included

2Thess 1
3 We ought always to give thanks to God for you, brethren, as is only fitting, because your faith is greatly enlarged, and the love of each one of you toward one another grows ever greater; 4 therefore, we ourselves speak proudly of you among the churches of God for your perseverance and faith in the midst of all your persecutions and afflictions which you endure. 5 This is a plain indication of God’s righteous judgment so that you will be considered worthy of the kingdom of God, for which indeed you are suffering. 6 For after all it is only just for God to repay with affliction those who afflict you, 7 and to give relief to you who are afflicted and to us as well when the Lord Jesus will be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in flaming fire, 8 dealing out retribution to those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9 These will pay the penalty of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power, 10 when He comes to be glorified in His saints on that day, and to be marveled at among all who have believed—for our testimony to you was believed.

Studying Revelations will help. The saints are in heaven before God's wrath starts.

• Agree
Reactions: Marilyn C
Upvote 0

jeffweedaman

Nov 22, 2020
PROSPECT
✟82,293.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The two events won't happen at the same time. All the Apostles knew about Christ's second coming. John who is an apostle wrote Revelations and he gives us a more detailed account about this.

Hi
I disagree. We are clearly told they happen the same day when the Lord appears ...2Thess 1.
No getting around that.

This is a plain indication of God’s righteous judgment so that you will be considered worthy of the kingdom of God, for which indeed you are suffering. 6 For after all it is only just for God to repay with affliction those who afflict you, 7 and to give relief to you who are afflicted and to us as well when the Lord Jesus will be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in flaming fire, 8 dealing out retribution to those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9 These will pay the penalty of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power, 10 when He comes to be glorified in His saints on that day, and to be marveled at among all who have believed—for our testimony to you was believed.

• Agree
Reactions: Spiritual Jew
Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi
I disagree. We are clearly told they happen the same day when the Lord appears ...2Thess 1.
No getting around that.

This is a plain indication of God’s righteous judgment so that you will be considered worthy of the kingdom of God, for which indeed you are suffering. 6 For after all it is only just for God to repay with affliction those who afflict you, 7 and to give relief to you who are afflicted and to us as well when the Lord Jesus will be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in flaming fire, 8 dealing out retribution to those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9 These will pay the penalty of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power, 10 when He comes to be glorified in His saints on that day, and to be marveled at among all who have believed—for our testimony to you was believed.

You can't ignore the wrath that's poured out first by the seals, trumpets, and vials in Revelations. When Christ is seen on Mount Zion with the 144 Thousand, Revelations 14, that's when 2 Thess 1 will happen: during the battle of armageddon. The saints (144 Thousand) will be with Christ in that battle to repay with affliction those who afflict you...

Upvote 0