• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

God please take me

RuthD

blah blah blah
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
Earth
✟191,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thank you Jo. I am bipolar and went way low and now I am up again. Feelling a lot better. Some things set me off but I understand more now thanks to you and all of the lovely people who wrote to me. I'm sorry I missed your call but your message was so helpful. Thanks so much. God bless you sweet lady!

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
:hug:

Yes, most medications like that do cause increased hunger and eating and thus weight gain. I have neuropathy that also affects my stomach "notices" to the brain... making me think I am constantly hungry. I use herbs to calm those messages... maybe one of them would help you? If you can't try any, all I can think is to TRY and put a notepad on the refrig and write down when you eat..then you can at least try to talk to your mind/stomach and say, no it can't be real hunger because... I've also found that cold water helps dispel the hunger messages... boring yes... but even if it helps just once a day, I'm ahead.

(((hug))) You won't always feel so bad ((((Ruth))) hang on to that... you can get through this phase.... when you can't say anything, groan before the Lord: He understands and helps. (Yeah and I don't particularly like inconsiderate MDs either.)

Upvote 0

AWorkInProgress

A fool becoming wise
Jan 18, 2007
Glendale, AZ
✟89,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you all for your prayers and empathy. Ladybug, I have gained 45 pounds in 5 mos. I think my antipsychotic drug is making me eat constantly. It must be so hard to be around someone who harrasses you about your wieght. My doctor harrassed me about my weight and I quit going to him. I too retaliate and eat more. Those people just don't understand. My dad once told me to lose 100 pounds and I wasn't even that much over weight. It hurt like hell. I don't want to be around those who tell me I'm fat and to lose weight. I already know it.

Your situation reminds me a great deal of my wife's current situation. She has severe hypothyroidism, and she can't do or keep up with many things she used to do. Lately she keeps hearing her Mom's voice telling her she not doing enough. She struggles with high expectations that are wearing her spirit really down.

What I am trying to get at is that God made you special the way you are. Your personality and who you are is a treasure to someone else out there. The devil might have planted seeds of destruction in your heart about your weight. Using it as a means of not allowing you to love yourself and enjoy the freedom to be yourself in the fullness that God has for you.

God has plans for your life even at your age now. You are an important part of the body of Christ, and others out there need you for the way God made you to be. Empowered by his Holy Spirit of course.

You have nothing to prove to anyone. You do not have to explain to anyone what your challenges are. People who don't take the time to learn about you is really not your problem. That is there lose. You can not be the fullness of God's glory if you keep living under the thumb of how people perceive you. The more you learn to love yourself and be confident in yourself (no matter what the scale says), the more you reveal the true treasure of who you are. You won't be desperate to go to the bar, but true love will seek you out.

Hang in Ruth!

Upvote 0

wait4him

Nov 1, 2012
✟15,126.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ruth, I hear what you are saying and please know that I too, often ask why God doesn't take me. Just today I got the sense that he is nudging me that it "our" time alone - for me to get to know Him and grow and become secure as his daughter. All other worldly influences have flown out the window, "wanting friends, companionship, I keep hitting brick walls with everything I try, friends, finding a job, trying to get my husband to love/like me, never been this alone in life but today I am starting to feel a difference after I started to realize that my Father is inviting me to step aside from the world at this time in my life and just focus on Him and our relationship. Maybe He is trying to tell you that you too?

Reactions: Pilgrim1951
Upvote 0

RuthD

blah blah blah
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
Earth
✟191,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thank you for the wonderful messages and prayers. My power was out from mon. to just now. I was praying a lot for my birds to be saved. I had no heat either in 40 degree weather. Good thing it's back on. The temp is going down to 35 tonight and some snow is expected tomorrow morning. Hallelujah to the Lord!!!!!!

Upvote 0