god love's us no matter what. the biggest lie told.

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, the only way that we can disappoint someone is for us to do Y when they expect us to do X.

It still hurts to see someone betray you. Why do you think God said this:

Genesis 6:6

And the LORD was sorry that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart.

Upvote 0

buchalady

Sep 8, 2011
✟15,309.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This passage has to do with apostasy, it was written to a small community of hebrew believers who were in danger of returning to the Levitical system of Judaism. In verse 26 sin willfully is not an isolated incident, it is done habitually. The sin some of these believers were committing was rejecting Christ deliberately (see Matt 12:31), for THAT sin, there is no longer forgiveness.

That is the way I understand the passage.

The writer goes on to say in Hebrews 13:5-6 "Keep your lives free from the love of money, and be content with what you have; for he has said, "I will never leave you or forsake you." So we can say with confidence,
"The Lord is my helper;
I will not be afraid.
What can anyone do to me?"

I believe that we can leave God, but he will never leave us, or forsake us.

Upvote 0

Bro.T

Bible Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2008
U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Ben Israel- I really am unsure of the point you are trying to make here...

As you have pointed out God is not a fan of sin. He hates it, and those that continue to sin, and reject Christ, will not reside in the kingdom of heaven. But he does not hate the one who commits the sin. Think of Him as a parent who has a wayward child who continues doing the wrong thing again and again. Should the parent completely give up on them thinking they are hopeless, or should they try to reach out to them and help them see the light? The latter obviously.

Like a parent, God's love is always there. But the child needs to accept it in order to see it.

1 John 4:16 So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.

You keep pointing out the sin that people commit and how those who sin will be punished, but remember that Christ died for our sins.

Romans 5:8 but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

And anyone who accepts Christ is born new! And the past is forgotten if you ask for forgiveness!

2 Corinthians 5:17 “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!”

Isaiah 43:25 “I, I am he who blots out your transgressions for my own sake, and I will not remember your sins."

1 John 1:9 “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.”

God does love us no matter what in that is willing to show the same mercy to everyone, and allows everyone to come to Him. But those who do not accept Him and do not live in accordance with His word will not inherit His Kingdom.

Luke 13:23-24 And someone said to him, “Lord, will those who are saved be few?” And he said to them, 24 “Strive to enter through the narrow door. For many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able."

To think we will not struggle and sin after we have found Christ though is not correct, but we must strive to do everything in our power to do what is right.

Galatians 6:9 And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.

1 Peter 1:7 so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

We are all sinners.

Romans 3:23 “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.”

But as stated above, God still loves us all no matter what, because we are His children, no matter how wayward we become, He will always take us back. IF WE ASK IT!!!

The Bible says. God is love: (1John:4:8), but God also punishes the sinner and hates all who do iniquity. God is not one sided. He is not simply an infinitely loving God. He is also infinitely just. He must deal with sin. He must punish the sinner. He cannot lie: (Titus1:2) "which God, that cannot lie," In the truth of God's word, we find that the Lord has provided one way by which we may be saved. That single way is through Jesus' sacrifice. For all who trust in Him, and do His commandments, salvation will come. But to those who turn away, God's wrath abides upon them: (John 3:36) He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
(Rom. 3:23-25) (v.23) For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. (v.24) Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: (v.25) Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance ofGod[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]. So the bible tells you to repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus. And by doing so you come up under his precious blood and then you are saved from your sins that are past, not present or future sins but for sins that are past. We were all locked under death by Adam’s sin, even the second death. But when Jesus became (he was God in the beginning) man and died for the sins of the world, he gave us access back to the tree of life (himself) which Adam had caused us to lose. That’s what grace is, our free gift our access back to the tree of life but that’s another lesson for another time. So by coming under the blood of Jesus you are saved from your past sins. And if you are saved now, it is on a day to day basis. Because all have sinned, and if you continue to live you will sin again. It is the willful sinning that you need to put in check. Brothers and sisters I just wanted to point this out, It may have already been said in this topic, but this is very important to understand.

(Psalm 5:5) The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.
(Psalm11:5) The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.
[/FONT][/FONT]

Reactions: NOTurTypical
Upvote 0

Bro.T

Bible Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2008
U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Brother and sisters lets take a look at something Jesus said in Matthew 6:33 - But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Now the keys words are Kingdom and righteousness, this lets us know brothers and sister, that if we do the opposite, then we will have a problem with the Lord. Lets look at some examples from Paul. Lets start in 1 Corinthians 6:9 - Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 - Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. Let go into Ephesians 5:5 - For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Notice Paul said unclean person, this referr to the dietary law as well, brothers and sisters, pay attention to Paul is saying here.

Upvote 0

NOTurTypical

Out of the Closet Jesus Freak
Jun 29, 2011
Indianapolis
Visit site
✟8,088.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
Brother and sisters lets take a look at something Jesus said in Matthew 6:33 - But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Now the keys words are Kingdom and righteousness, this lets us know brothers and sister, that if we do the opposite, then we will have a problem with the Lord. Lets look at some examples from Paul. Lets start in 1 Corinthians 6:9 - Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 - Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. Let go into Ephesians 5:5 - For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Notice Paul said unclean person, this referr to the dietary law as well, brothers and sisters, pay attention to Paul is saying here.

Why did you cut off verse 11 in 1 Corinthians 6:9-11???:

"And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."

1 Corinthians 6:11

Upvote 0

patience7

Oct 11, 2010
Louisiana
✟9,906.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

"And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."

:thumbsup: And also v9 starts out: Know ye not that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God?

Upvote 0

Bro.T

Bible Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2008
U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

I didn't cut if off, thats a different point, my friend. There thing a person have to do, to become sanctified and washed clean.

Upvote 0

NOTurTypical

Jun 29, 2011
Indianapolis
Visit site
✟8,088.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
I didn't cut if off, thats a different point, my friend. There thing a person have to do, to become sanctified and washed clean.

That's not what the verse says. It says we have been washed, cleaned, and sanctified..

"In His name" and "by the Spirit of our God." It's certainly NOT a "different point", it was the conclusion of his point. Jesus does the justifying, and the Holy Spirit does the washing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NOTurTypical

Jun 29, 2011
Indianapolis
Visit site
✟8,088.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
:thumbsup: And also v9 starts out: Know ye not that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God?

Correct, Paul is saying what manner of people we all were before the Lord justified us and the Holy Spirit washed us clean. Try getting an unregenerate person to stop doing all those things without the infilling and guidance of the Holy Spirit.

We don't say: "Okay Jesus, I've cleaned myself up enough for you to dwell inside me, I've done my part now you can do your's." No, He meets us where we are, and thank God He loves us too much to leave us there.

Reactions: stelow
Upvote 0

1an

Dec 4, 2011
✟48,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Correct, Paul is saying what manner of people we all were before the Lord justified us and the Holy Spirit washed us clean. Try getting an unregenerate person to stop doing all those things without the infilling and guidance of the Holy Spirit.

We don't say: "Okay Jesus, I've cleaned myself up enough for you to dwell inside me, I've done my part now you can do your's." No, He meets us where we are, and thank God He loves us too much to leave us there.

Amen. :thumbsup:

Reactions: NOTurTypical
Upvote 0

Bro.T

Bible Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2008
U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
That's not what the verse says. It says we have been washed, cleaned, and sanctified..

"In His name" and "by the Spirit of our God." It's certainly NOT a "different point", it was the conclusion of his point. Jesus does the justifying, and the Holy Spirit does the washing.

Ok, lets go a different route and try to understand. I posted words from Paul that describe those who shall not inherit the kingdom of God, ok. Allow me to repost what Paul said again. Lets start in 1 Corinthians 6:9 - Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 - Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. Let go into Ephesians 5:5 - For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Notice Paul said unclean person, this referr to the dietary law as well, brothers and sisters, pay attention to Paul is saying here.

Now, these are the people who not inherit the kingdom of God. These are people who are not clean spiritually, maybe physically to.

Now lets post the verse you are concern about.... "And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God." (1 Corinthians 6:11) One thing a person have to do is what Peter said....Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. (Acts 2:38) So what happen if a person do not get baptize in the name of Jesus, then of course they don't receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. Why? Because, Anyone that is not baptized is a person with their sins yet upon them, because it is the baptism that washes away our past sins. "And now why tarriest thou? Arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord." (Acts 22:16) That name is Jesus.

Now notice when we read the verse that Paul said," some of you" which mean not all, which means the others shall not inherit the kingdom of God. Now, its very plain that not everybody will be washed, clean and sanctify, for what ever reason. Understand, just because Jesus died on the cross, for the remission of sins, do not mean that everybody (the world) is wash, clean or sanctify. God has a protocol, on how to be wash, clean and sanctify. The Bible teaches us these things in steps. If you are not sure or understand how to be wash, clean or sanctify, just ask, but understand that its not automatic.

Upvote 0

1an

Dec 4, 2011
✟48,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Ok, lets go a different route and try to understand. I posted words from Paul that describe those who shall not inherit the kingdom of God, ok. Allow me to repost what Paul said again. Lets start in 1 Corinthians 6:9 - Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 - Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. Let go into Ephesians 5:5 - For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Notice Paul said unclean person, this referr to the dietary law as well, brothers and sisters, pay attention to Paul is saying here.

Now, these are the people who not inherit the kingdom of God. These are people who are not clean spiritually, maybe physically to.

Now lets post the verse you are concern about.... "And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God." (1 Corinthians 6:11) One thing a person have to do is what Peter said....Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of JesusChrist for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. (Acts 2:38) So what happen if a person do not get baptize in the name of Jesus, then of course they don't receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. Why? Because, Anyone that is not baptized is a person with their sins yet upon them, because it is the baptism that washes away our past sins. "And now why tarriest thou? Arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord." (Acts 22:16) That name is Jesus.

Now notice when we read the verse that Paul said," some of you" which mean not all, which means the others shall not inherit the kingdom of God. Now, its very plain that not everybody will be washed, clean and sanctify, for what ever reason. Understand, just because Jesus died on the cross, for the remission of sins, do not mean that everybody (the world) is wash, clean or sanctify. God has a protocol, on how to be wash, clean and sanctify. The Bible teaches us these things in steps. If you are not sure or understand how to be wash, clean or sanctify, just ask, but understand that its not automatic.

Step one. Jesus died for the whosoever, even the vilest sinner.

Step two. Accept the gift that is freely given.

Step three. Jesus cleanses from all sin.

Upvote 0

patience7

Oct 11, 2010
Louisiana
✟9,906.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ok, lets go a different route and try to understand. I posted words from Paul that describe those who shall not inherit the kingdom of God, ok. Allow me to repost what Paul said again. Lets start in 1 Corinthians 6:9 - Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 - Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
There is no need to go a different route - 1 Corinthians 6:9 still says that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God. Then v. 11 says that we used to be the unrighteous but now we are washed, we are sanctified and we are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

Let go into Ephesians 5:5 - For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Notice Paul said unclean person, this referr to the dietary law as well, brothers and sisters, pay attention to Paul is saying here.
Let's look @ Eph. 5:6-8 Let no man deceive you with vain words for because of these things (v3,4,5) cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. Be not ye therefore partakers with them. For ye were sometimes darkness but now are ye light in the Lord; walk as children of light:
We are no longer part of the unrighteous and the things you are listing have to do with the unrighteousness or the unclean. BTW, the unclean has nothing to do with the dietary laws.

Now lets post the verse you are concern about.... "And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God." (1 Corinthians 6:11) One thing a person have to do is what Peter said....Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of JesusChrist for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. (Acts 2:38) So what happen if a person do not get baptize in the name of Jesus, then of course they don't receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. Why? Because, Anyone that is not baptized is a person with their sins yet upon them, because it is the baptism that washes away our past sins. "And now why tarriest thou? Arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord." (Acts 22:16) That name is Jesus.
I don't recall anyone debating the issue of faith. I was just trying to correct your understanding of the verses you were using. Simply put - that whole list in 1 Corinthians 6:9,10 was concerning the unrighteous and then v11 says we were once those things "unrighteous" but now we aren't.

Correct - not everyone will be washed, sanctified, nor justified - only those that come to Christ by faith.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

1an

Dec 4, 2011
✟48,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
It sounds like you're saying everyone is in the Book of Life.

Read step two. It requires that to be washed, cleansed and sanctified, we accept God's gift of salvation.

Those who do not are the ones who "shall not inherit the kingdom of God."

Upvote 0

tangled

Oct 7, 2011
✟16,154.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
God enables. We don't choose. All we can do is try...and even God grants that Gift (we wouldn't be alive otherwise).

http://bible.cc/john/6-44.htm

That's why it says we can't boast. We can't say, "I'm amazing. I chose on my own accord."

People who God chose can't help BUT accept it. They have no other choice.

Upvote 0

1an

Dec 4, 2011
✟48,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
God enables. We don't choose. All we can do is try...and even God grants that Gift (we wouldn't be alive otherwise).

John 6:44 "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day.

That's why it says we can't boast. We can't say, "I'm amazing. I chose on my own accord."

People who God chose can't help BUT accept it. They have no other choice.

God's gift of salvation is for everyone. Jesus said he will draw ALL men to himself. This has been the plan of salvation from the foundation of the earth, that ALL have been elected. Unfortunately there are those who reject God's gift of a kingly crown of Glory.

John 12:32 But I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw ALL men to myself."

Last edited:
Upvote 0