Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The Spirit of God is the Spirit of Christ.
True or false

Romans 8 [Deliverance from Bondage ]

Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are IN Christ Jesus.
For the law of the Spirit of life IN Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.
For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did:
sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh,

Romans 8:11
But if the Spirit of Him (God the Holy Spirit) who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

Philippians 1:19
for I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayers and the provision of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,

Philippians 3:3
for we are the true circumcision, who worship in the Spirit of God and glory in Christ Jesus and put no confidence in the flesh,

Upvote 0

RgM3

Feb 8, 2018
Ontario
✟1,566.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Revelation 21:23
And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon,
to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it,
and the Lamb is the light thereof.

I do believe that Jesus is the light of the new world.

Not this world that God is going to destroy by fire.

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus is the light of God.
True or false?

John 1:4
In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men.

John 8:12 [ Jesus Is the Light of the World ]
Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying,
“I am the Light of the world;
he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness,
but will have the Light of life.”

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I do believe that Jesus is the light of the "new world".

Rev. 21 (NASB)
2 And I saw the holy city, New Jerusalem,

The New Jerusalem
10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the holy city, (New) Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God,

Rev. 21:27 and nothing unclean, and no one who practices abomination and lying, shall ever come into it, (The New Jerusalem) but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s "book of life".

Revelation 20:15...fate of unbelievers!!
And if anyone’s name was not found written in the (Lamb’s) "book of life", he was thrown into the "lake of fire."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ron Gurley

Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Q: Why do you believe that Jesus always existed?

A: Part of the PRE-exisitent Godhead.

Colossians 2 ....
9 For in Him all the fullness of Deity (TRUE GOD) dwells in bodily form, (TRUE MAN)
10 and in Him you have been made complete, and He is the head over all rule and authority;

Colossians 1 ....
18b...For it was the Father’s good pleasure for all the fullness (of Deity) to dwell in Him,

Colossians 1 ....The incomparable Christ!
16 For by Him all things were created,
both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities
—all things have been created THROUGH Him and FOR Him.
17 He is BEFORE all things, and
in Him all things "hold together".
18 He is also head of the body, the church;
and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything.
For it was the Father’s good pleasure for all the fullness (of Deity) to dwell in Him,
20 and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself,
having made peace through the blood of His cross;

John 17...
24 Father, I desire that they also (disciples), whom You have given Me,
be with Me where I am,
so that they may see My glory which You have given Me, for You loved Me before the foundation of the world.

Upvote 0

RgM3

Feb 8, 2018
Ontario
✟1,566.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I do believe that Jesus is the light of the "new world".

Rev. 21 (NASB)
2 And I saw the holy city, New Jerusalem,

The New Jerusalem
10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the holy city, (New) Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God,

Rev. 21:27 and nothing unclean, and no one who practices abomination and lying, shall ever come into it, (The New Jerusalem) but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s "book of life".

Revelation 20:15...fate of unbelievers!!
And if anyone’s name was not found written in the (Lamb’s) "book of life", he was thrown into the "lake of fire."

The New Jerusalem is on the new earth.

True or false?

Upvote 0

MelG11

Feb 19, 2018
Gales Ferry
✟16,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus was the first man to have the Spirit of God within Him.

True or false?
Well to tell you the truth I’m not 100 percent on that one. I believe so...When he was babtized the Holy Spirit then dwelled in him something or other. I’m actually new in my faith this past year and just finished reading the Bible. What I do know is you could read every version of every bible and know it in and out and it will all sound like jiberish without faith.
Here’s just a few versions to explain that... Maybe you should ask God to show you the truth. I didnt ask for the truth but he did open me up to the truth in an unpleasant way after almost 41 years and I am grateful. I will pray you can find the same!

1 Corinthians 2:14
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.

New Living Translation
But people who aren't spiritual can't receive these truths from God's Spirit. It all sounds foolish to them and they can't understand it, for only those who are spiritual can understand what the Spirit means.

English Standard Version
The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.

Berean Study Bible
The natural man does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God. For they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Berean Literal Bible
But the natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God; for they are foolishness to him, and he is not able to understand them, because spiritually they are discerned.

New American Standard Bible
But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised.

King James Bible
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RgM3

Feb 8, 2018
Ontario
✟1,566.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well to tell you the truth I’m not 100 percent on that one. I believe so...When he was babtized the Holy Spirit then dwelled in him something or other. I’m actually new in my faith this past year and just finished reading the Bible. What I do know is you could read every version of every bible and know it in and out and it will all sound like jiberish without faith.
Here’s just a few versions to explain that... Maybe you should ask God to show you the truth. I didnt ask for the truth but he did open me up to the truth in an unpleasant way after almost 41 years and I am grateful. I will pray you can find the same!
I am not the one
with any doubt about what I believe.

Upvote 0