God is an awesome artist

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,501.44
Faith
Messianic
312527_2075999949408_1527260454_31596384_126991849_n.jpg

Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Messianic Jewish Christian
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How do you know that this is such a rock?

There is a very popular video circulating the churches about a remote place in Saudi Arabia which is fenced off as an antiquities reserve that has some artifacts and features that are leading many to believe that they have found the real Mt Sinai. That rock is there. It is an interesting video.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rsduncan

Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
✟10,402.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Awesome, is that computer generated?

I don't know if it is computer-generated or not, Lulav. It's based on an artist's conception from NASA, but viewed on an angle.

Barred spiral galaxies have always been my favorite type and I think it nice that we live in one... :)

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I don't know if it is computer-generated or not, Lulav. It's based on an artist's conception from NASA, but viewed on an angle.

Barred spiral galaxies have always been my favorite type and I think it nice that we live in one... :)
Yes, I like that too. I was wondering because of that white budge in the center. It's like a light source generating outward in the spiral. Makes you think of creation, even though I realize it didn't happen there. BUT it is awesome that scientists/astronomers have discovered that all that and more started at one single moment.

Let there be light, BANG!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rsduncan

Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
✟10,402.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
looks like a fish in a whirlpool

The "fish" are nebulae: some of which are supernova remnants and some of which are molecular clouds that are not fully or have never accreted into stars/planets. Those that have done so form open star clusters of which our own solar neighborhood is an example. These eventually break up due to the fact that the stars in them are not gravitationally bound as strongly to eash other as they are to the galactic center. New star clusters are the brighter "clumps" of stars that can be seen interspersed within the spiral arms. This is relatively recent star formation...

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0