• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

God is amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.

OptimisticSmile

Mar 26, 2006
Pensacola, Florida
Visit site
✟15,552.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
as i posted here a few weeks ago I had felt God leading me in the direction of courting one of my best freinds. She did not feel the same.

last night we had dinner together at my house and then talked until midnight about our personal struggles and each other , God , missions etc . Keep in mind when I went through my major bout feeling I was condemned she was the only freind I mentioned it to and I did not know she would understand. I remember calling her one day and saying "Please pray for me I am so scared im condemned" she told me that this is something Satan tries to do to paralyse christians. I thought she was telling me this in the same way most christians would. I found out last night however she also has experienced feeling condemned and sucidal thoughts that resulted. (her case was not OCD but her being a baby christian in a church that taught you could lose salvation)

I also found out the last guy she dated was OCD so she understands it. it was so awsome because as I was describing my experience to her again I started to feel as though she understood.

the problem is that this now makes me believe even more that God is leading us into a relationship because ive prayed for a woman that would understand this.

amishparadise

Jan 1, 2007
✟8,088.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't want to sound discouraging, but, you might want to re-think jumping into anything more than friendship with this person. Apparently, she is quite troubled (suicidal thoughts are an emergency situation caused by a clinical mood disorder, not just a spiritual-warfare thing...has she gotten treated for this?); and your own illness is enough of a challenge for you, I'm sure. Two sick people don't make a healthy couple; and you'd be risking a lot of unnecessary heartache. If you are being called to the vocation of marriage to this person, it'll unfold over time, I think.

Slow down and think of your health.

Upvote 0

OptimisticSmile

Mar 26, 2006
Pensacola, Florida
Visit site
✟15,552.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
yes thats what im trying to do. for her that was 3 years ago for me it was this summer . thank you for your brutal honesty. we have known each other for about a year and a half we are best friends and yes there was more going on with her than just reciving bad doctrine as a new christian.

i dont want to think about it anymore so mabye i will take a break from the board for a few days. keep any advice or concerns coming however.

Upvote 0

gracealone

Apr 5, 2007
Michigan
✟18,349.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hey OP,
I'm glad you can still maintain a friendship with her - but I find that it's always best not to make any assumptions about what God is doing or going to do that are not fully based in scriptural promises.
So many times I've started to think God was leading me this way or that way and it turned out that yes, He was leading... but not in the way I thought He was.
I've learned to expect the unexpected when He is working in my life.
I try, not too successfully, to live in the "now" of His leading. Now is the only point in time where I can actually interact with His eternal will for my life.
She may be the one but then again she may just be a friend. For now, only God knows and that is enough.
Praying for You,
Mitzi

Upvote 0

OptimisticSmile

Mar 26, 2006
Pensacola, Florida
Visit site
✟15,552.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
grace alone that was such great advice

often times I make decisions based on what I think the lord is about to do rather than what he is doing.

I know that if I am faithful with a few things he will make me ruler over greater things

that means that if I am faithful with a freindship, then God may give me the role of husband , wether with her or with someone else. what I learn from my freinship with her will prepare me for whoever i end up with.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.