Visit site
✟1,356,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This morning the Lord Jesus impressed it upon my heart to share with you a testimony of a miracle he performed in my life 10 years ago, when I was 62 years old. It had to do with a song he gave me to write at that time titled, “For Our Nation.” And so the Lord led me today to make a talk video where I shared very simply my testimony about what took place back then. And so first off here I am going to share with you a link to that talk video from today where I shared my testimony of God’s miracle:

Caution: This link may contain ads beyond my control

But then the Lord brought back to recall that I had written out my testimony 10 years ago and I had posted it on the internet then, and so I am going to also share with you in writing what I shared of this testimony back in 2012 and also in 2014 and then a little bit more today:

Clear Direction
Sunday, September 23, 2012

As many of you know by now, a little over a week ago a music producer in Nashville, TN, approached me about professionally recording some of my songs. At first I declined, and then he wrote back and encouraged me to pray about, so I did. The Lord immediately put the hymn “The Regions Beyond,” by A.B. Simpson, in my mind. So, I knew the Lord was saying to go to the regions beyond with the gospel.

Next the Lord put the song “God Will Make a Way” (where there seems to be no way) in my mind, so I knew the Lord was saying “Go to the regions beyond” and that he would make a way for me to go. He followed this with the scripture, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible,” and the scripture that says, “Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the Lord.” So, I knew the Lord was saying “Go,” “I will make a way,” “With God all things are possible (that are not possible with man)”, and “Not in your own strength or power or wisdom, but in the power and strength of the Holy Spirit within you will this be accomplished.”

I have been praying for clear direction in this matter for over a week now. This morning I prayed: “Lord, I pray you would give me clear direction concerning going to Nashville and recording the song ‘For Our Nation’” (for at this point we had determined that we will begin with just one song). I continued, “It keeps appearing to me to be an open door. I pray if this is your will that you will work out all the details and provide all we need (finances; voice; etc.) for this venture ‘to go to the regions beyond.’ In Jesus’ name I pray, amen.”

Then, I read the lyrics to the song “Pray, Pray, Pray.” The Lord had led me to research various scriptures in the New Testament on the topic of prayer, so the lyrics came straight from scripture (with minor variations). The second verse, thus, was based off a request of Paul’s for the church to pray for him for an “open door” to share the gospel clearly and fearlessly. Now, the Lord has given me 110 songs to write, so I don’t know all the lyrics to all the songs, though I know enough to identify what songs he puts in my mind when I awake in the morning.

So, when I came to the second verse and it read, “Pray for an open door for me, so I may share Christ,” I cried, for I knew the Lord had answered my prayer for clear direction. The Lord had given me this song, then the song “For Our Nation,” and then this producer contacted me within a few days following that, so I sense very much God’s hand in all of this and that he has provided this open door for me.

I don’t write for profit, or for fame, but for the glory of God and the encouragement of the church. I have not copyrighted any of the songs on purpose but have marked them all as “public domain.” So, the question arose as to the potential necessity of copyrighting the song once it is professionally recorded, so I prayed for direction for that, as well, and the Lord replied: “Render unto Caesar what is Caesar’s and unto God what is God’s.”

Well, the songs originated with God (The Original), and they are his works, which is why each one of them is subtitled “An Original Work,” and why the recording artist is “Original Works,” so the songs are clearly God’s, from beginning to end, and are not Caesar’s, nor will they ever belong to Caesar if I have any say over it, so they need to remain in the public domain.

“Lord, I keep seeing green lights all the way with this project, so I will move forward, trusting you to make a way where there seems to be no way. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.”

God is Faithful
Tuesday, January 07, 2014

When I had prayed about whether or not I should go to Nashville, the Lord said for me to “go to the regions beyond,” that he would “make a way where there seemed to be no way,” and that “with man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible” The scripture that says, “Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the Lord” spoke to me, as well. So, I knew the Lord was saying “Go,” “I will make a way,” “With God all things are possible” (that are not possible with man), and “Not in your own strength or power or wisdom, but in the power and strength of the Holy Spirit within you will this be accomplished.”

So, my husband and I stepped out in faith, went to Nashville, and recorded the song “For Our Nation.” The real step of faith there was not just in the going, but the odds that were stacked against me made it seem to not make sense at all to do this, for I had no voice. Yet, when I got ready to record, the voice came. God was faithful! He provided!!

God is Able
Today, October 20, 2022

Yes, we were all set to go to Nashville, TN, to record the following song when my voice was gone. I could not sing. Nothing would come out of my mouth in the way of a singing voice. So I prayed about it, and the Lord encouraged me to go, and then I spoke with my husband about it, and he agreed that we should go on faith. And so we went to Nashville, TN, to record this song on faith not knowing if I would have a voice or not.

Even right before I stood at the microphone to sing I had no voice and I just prayed and gave it to the Lord and then I opened my mouth and I sang, not just the melody line, but the background voices, too. And God performed a miracle that day. And so I want to encourage all of you today who are reading this to trust the Lord Jesus with your seemingly impossible situations, too. If God is in them, he will provide. So trust him.

For Our Nation

An Original Work / September 11, 2012

Bombs are bursting. Night is falling.
Jesus Christ is gently calling
You to follow Him in all ways.
Trust Him with your life today.
Make Him your Lord and your Savior.
Turn from your sin. Follow Jesus.
He will forgive you of your sin;
Cleanse your heart, made new within.

Men betraying: Our trust fraying.
On our knees to God we’re praying,