Taylorsville
✟21,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I am positive that God hates me. I found 3 verses that disprove the myth that God loves everyone.
Malachi 1:2-3
I have loved you, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob’s brother? saith the LORD: yet I loved Jacob, and I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons in the wilderness.

Romans 9:13
As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
These verses imply that God does indeed hate some people.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

iLearn

Jul 12, 2019
Sabah
✟14,765.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am positive that God hates me. I found 3 verses that disprove the myth that God loves everyone.
I have loved you, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob’s brother? saith the LORD: yet I loved Jacob, and I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons in the wilderness.

Because you do not hate your sins, how can God continue loving you?
Repent from your sins and make every effort to not continue sinning, and then you will experience the love from God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ivy may

lover of God
Aug 14, 2022
h.c.
✟17,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have concluded that God(Christ) cannot save a person like me.
this is not only impossible, but a lie of the Devil. you are a child of God, His precious creation, and you are loved by Him.

Jesus never says blessed are the perfect, blessed are the confident, blessed are the secure. rather, hear his words:

“Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled."

so mourn your sin, brother. mourn it well, then forsake it and run to Jesus' open arms. God hated the hardened heart of Esau, yes. but your heart is soft and it is ready to accept His love. He is waiting for you. turn away from your sin and come like a child- with nothing to boast, only arms to cling to the cross of Christ with.

let today be the day of redemption for you.
i am praying for your soul, Andrew. ♡

Upvote 0

Peter Flannery

Aug 16, 2022
St. Paul
✟7,838.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello Jesus just saved me but I think i am going through a dry season. I feel pretty numb. I think it is harbored sin that is causing this.
There's a book that helped me with a similar problem, it's a newly illustrated Old Testament, whose modern visuals have helped me to refocus my sad feelings. Illustrated Old Testament by Samuel Robertson — 11:11 Press -- You can meditate on the images
Jeremiah 1.5.jpeg

Upvote 0

Juan777

Jun 20, 2022
Toronto
✟20,153.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced

You misunderstand the word hate. It just means you prefer or choose one over the other.

It's like if there is an apple and an orange and I choose to eat an apple then it means I hated the orange because I did not choose the orange. Esau himself may have fared well, but these prophecies tend to talk about his descendants (ie Edomites) who ultimately end up there because of choices that tribe made. Essau was never left without any descendants.

Jesus even says you can't serve two masters, you will chose one master and hate the other. Now you may not really hate the other, you just chose against it. It just means you can't serve both masters.

What choices did you make today? You probably chose something and hated something else that you did not choose. I chose an egg for breakfast rather than a muffin so it means I hated the muffin, but not really hate muffins...etc.

Upvote 0

Joseph Perry

Sep 1, 2022
Nashua
✟13,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am confused. I am not entirely sure if the Holy Spirit left me or i am in a "dry season" I dont have the fruits of the Spirit anymore. I am depressed, not wanting to do much. I don't have any genuine love for others. ☹️
A problem with many churches is that they are so busy trying to attract or hold members and forget the needs of new members. I had found myself asking, What now? I believe this is where you are now. May I ask what you were expecting to happen? Read John 3:1-15 You may be experiencing the same thing Nicodemus experienced. Whatever became of Nicodemus? John 19:38-42
It is difficult for many people to accept the fact that Jesus has paid the price for you; this is where faith is necessary. Will Rogers said something 100 years ago that can be applied to you.
"You may be on the right track, but if you just sit there, you will get run over."
Following Jesus is the beginning of a journey; if you are just sitting there, you have not started it yet.
I'm doing a Bible study with the title, "Excuse me, I'm looking for Jesus. Can you help me find Him."
This is a study I am doing for me, I'm dyslexic and may look for someone that is better with communications to help me. All things are possible by faith.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟66,837.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
WELCOME!

God does NOT hate you - he sent You to these Forums!!!

thumb-86525.gif

PS.: I am new as well.
Be blessed!!!

/Christoph

Attachments

• thumb-86525.gif
    thumb-86525.gif
    35.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Friendly
Reactions: Siddhi Koli
Upvote 0

Joseph Perry

Sep 1, 2022
Nashua
✟13,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have concluded that God(Christ) cannot save a person like me.
This is a limit you put on Jesus.
“Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen." I know a person that made the FBI list at the age of 19. Jesus paid the price for Him, just as He has for all of us.
The Bible Study I'm putting together is titled:
Excuse me; I'm looking for Jesus. Can you help me find Him? You need to ask

Upvote 0