MoonLancer

The Moon is a reflection of the MorningStar
Aug 10, 2007
✟22,024.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Healing Miracles are attributed to the power of God so why doesn't God heal Amputees?

Is it because he cant? or is it because he hates them?

If any Creationist/Christian or any God worshiper can show me proof of God physically healing an Amputee by giving him a new biological arm though Divine Power in the same way God is said to heal Cancer (without human interference), then I shale proclaim their God as my eternal savior

This is my Challenge to those who have faith in God.

MoonLancer

Aug 10, 2007
✟22,024.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
In Relationship
God doesn't heal a lot of ailments. What made you think about amputees in particular?

Its something that can be shown to change from one state to another without faked reports. All thats required is documented proof. cancer is used as a cured ailment most of the time because its internal and hard to verify without doctors. also cancer goes into states of remission ALOT with and sometimes even without treatment. Cancer is sporadic and unpredictable.

their are no known cases of anyone healing a lost limb, through natural regenerative processes or by aid of modern medicine.

Thus its the best candidate for a miracle as far as I am concerned.

by miracle i mean something that happens thats impossible without divine aid. cured cancer is the copout miracle. Returning sight and learning to walk again is also a cop out. Its one of the oldest cons. Plus people are able to relearn how to walk again through therapy, and blood clots are common for loosing ones sights. the body is known to remove blood clots over time, so they are very much inside the realm of the norm and not miracle based.

Upvote 0

Quantic

Aug 20, 2006
✟15,223.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
... in the same way God is said to heal Cancer (without human interference)

Everyone's body heals cancer all the time by itself, it's called spontaneous remission. It happens all the time. No deity is required.

About why the Christian God has a bias against amputees, well I have no idea.

Upvote 0

MoonLancer

Aug 10, 2007
✟22,024.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Everyone's body heals cancer all the time by itself, it's called spontaneous remission. It happens all the time. No deity is required.

About why the Christian God has a bias against amputees, well I have no idea.

well yes. Cancer is not a good example to show a miracle. Thank you for clarifying my point.

So why is that God supposedly heals the blind, and the cancerous? People heal those ailments on their own.

So why is God incapable or unwilling to heal Amputees? Can any creationists tell me why? can any creationists show me wrong?

Upvote 0

NLN

Mar 8, 2007
✟15,169.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The point our poster is making, I think, is this: God does not heal amputees because there is no God to heal them. As for other cases of "healing," it has repeatedly been demonstrated that all occur at rates no greater than what would be expected by chance alone.

This tells us that if there is a God, she plays absolutely no role in the healing of human disease; the healing of human ailments cannot be used as an argument for the existence of God.

machineslikeus.com

Upvote 0

LewisWildermuth

Senior Veteran
May 17, 2002
Bloomington, Illinois
✟11,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes it is a problem for your average creationist/fundamentalist/nutter that believes in a god that tosses out miracles like candy at a parade.

But not all of us believe in in such a god and are wary of strange people and/or gods that offer candy and want you to get into the back of a van with them.

Upvote 0

elwill

Feb 10, 2008
cairo / egypt
✟16,330.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
So why is God incapable or unwilling to heal Amputees? Can any creationists tell me why? can any creationists show me wrong?

from my relegion i believe that god is capable to heal anyone and he actually does.
but what u ask here is a miracle not a proof.
so , exist of blind and deaf or amputees creature dosn't mean that he
incapable to healing them , beside it was his willing for them to be like that .

[quran]
107 - If God do touch thee with hurt, there is none can remove it but he: if he do design some benefit for thee, there is none can keep back his favour: he causeth it reach whomsoever of his servants he pleaseth. and he is the oft forgiving, most merciful

so why ?

we affected the nations with suffering and adversity, that they might learn humility

in another verse
33 - When trouble touches men they cry to their Lord, turning back to Him in repentance: but when He gives them a taste of Mercy as from Himself, behold, some of them pay part worship to other god's besides their Lord

So why is that God supposedly heals the blind, and the cancerous? People heal those ailments on their own.

[qoran]god say
Now, when trouble touches man, He cries to Us: but when We bestow a favour upon him as from Ourselves, He says, This has been given to me because of a certain knowledge (I have). Nay, but this is but a trial, but most of them understand not.

so , our god just test us with these suffering as a testing to know whom will thanks god and whom will disbelieve

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MoonLancer

Aug 10, 2007
✟22,024.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
In Relationship
so , our god just test us with these suffering as a testing to know whom will thanks god and whom will disbelieve

If your saying that God makes us suffer to root out disbelievers, Perhaps you should repeat that to yourself and wonder why you need to fall back on preposterous statements to validate your beliefs.

Are these the actions of a God worth believing in?

Upvote 0

elwill

Feb 10, 2008
cairo / egypt
✟16,330.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
If your saying that God makes us suffer to root out disbelievers, Perhaps you should repeat that to yourself and wonder why you need to fall back on preposterous statements to validate your beliefs.

i'm not sure about what you means .
i didn't say that god makes us suffer to root out didbeliever.
the suffer may be for believer an disbeliever , there's other verses for more clearing

165 - It is he who hath made you (his) agents, inheritors of the earth: he hath raised you in ranks, some above others: that he may try you in the gifts he hath given you: for thy lord is quick in punishment: yet he is indeed oft forgiving, most merciful

so , god raised us in ranks , some above others , to test our beahavior and our reaction

quran said about the praophet soliman (pbuh)
soliman(pbuh) said
This is by the grace of my Lord! To test me whether I am grateful or ungrateful! And if any is grateful, truly his gratitude is (a gain) for his own soul; but if any is ungrateful, truly My Lord is Free of all Needs, Supreme in Honour

Are these the actions of a God worth believing in?

[quran]
He it is who created the heavens and the earth in six days and his throne was over the waters that he might try you, which of you is best in conduct.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

necroforest

Jul 29, 2007
Washington DC
✟15,839.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Green
Not all Christians belive in a God who spontaneously, miraculously heals people every day, or "faith healers", or other stuff like that.
Then I'd imagine the OP doesn't apply to them.

Most Christians that I've known believe in God healing people miraculously in some form or another; not necessarily benny-hinn style.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.