Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Even Spongebob Squarepants had a Broadway musical, premiering in 2016. When the town of Bikini Bottom is threatened by a volcano, Spongebob, Patrick, and Sandy attempt to ascend the volcano and prevent it from erupting with a special invention. It's more about the end of the world than it is about god or religion, but the songs are just so darn catchy.

At this point in the story, it's sinking in for the townspeople that the end of the world is only a day away.

Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I got to see Finding Neverland back in 2015 when it came to Broadway. It's about author JM Barrie's inspiration for Peter Pan. It won no awards but I thought it was great. Two songs really stand out.

Stronger: JM Barrie has a nightmare where we first see Captain Hook played by Kelsey Grammer telling him that he should continue to write the light-hearted play that isn't exactly high society's cup of tea. In order to do so, he must fight his demons. At the showing I went to, the crowd went wild seeing Hook and the ladies seemed to like the shirt rip.

And I'll throw in my favorite song from the show, Believe, because it echoes the teaching of my own religion that we shouldn't lose sight of our inner child.

Reactions: cloudyday2
Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Mephistopheles' name doesn't actually appear in the Bible, but is often used as an alternate name for Satan, though he's actually a stock-character demon, popular in German folklore.

Based on a series of poems by TS Elliot, Cats opened on Broadway in 1982. Despite uncertainty from investors and mixed reviews from critics, the show was a massive success that made over $3.5 billion and counting.

There's a recently released and terrifying trailer out for a movie adaptation, and to give you an idea of how terrifying it is, even the furry fandom was largely creeped out.

But here's the song Mr. Mistoffelees about a black trickster cat.

Reactions: cloudyday2
Upvote 0