God does not evolve, His power does (selah) - predictable change is possible

How much time would you spend with power, before you trusted God to evolve it...?

• ... I would wait a Day, before trusting God to evolve it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ...I would wait a Week, before trusting God to evolve it

• ...I would wait a Year, before trusting God to evolve it

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • ...I would wait a Decade, before trusting God to evolve it

• ...it would depend on selection pressures

• ...it would depend on mutations

• ...it would depend on adaptations

• ...I haven't got time to give anyone

• Total voters

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

So this won't help Evolutionists much, at least not at first, because it talks about a limitation on what can change - because of the parameters of the possible changes (that are limited). The point how ever Evolutionists will probably grasp more intensely than Creationists, at first, because it is an empowerment of what to look for when you want to change. That is, Evolutionists know that more change is possible, than there is for Creation, in the end. This is not to diminish Creation, just to point out that Creationists basically believe the difference has already come and there is nothing we can do to make our head white or black.

Ok, but what is the point? This is it:
God does not evolve, but His power does (selah)
In other words, God is able to imagine change, wait for change, and trust change, but He cannot use His "power" to change who He is. This is what Creationists have been harping on about for centuries, that there may be micro-evolution (change that in principle pleases God) but there is no macro-evolution (change that makes it impossible for God to tell who you were). God's power is absolute, but it evolves in an absolute way. This is a marvel! It means you will always be able to tell, where you are in relation to your changes (in life), by referencing a God who does not change, despite you changing, but who has the power to correct your evolution, in so much as that relates to that of His power that He has evolved. The correction is always available!

This means we are responsible for the changes we make, in anticipation of the seed coming from us, adopting those changes. We may not change, but that only makes us more like God. In time, our children also, will look like God - this does not need to change. What needs to change, is the power that we and those after us adopt, with respect to the corrections we need (from God) to stay the course (to Heaven). God is able to evolve His powers, even with respect to whether we are favoured or not, giving advantage to some and defiance to others - this is not evil, it just helps the evolution of our power, not to be evolving everything identically with everyone else!

If we are responsible, then we can develop mastery - the chief aim of life, spent with God (short of being His friend), if we can mastery the evolution of our power, we are able to give God praise, for the gift of that evolution and the many unknown ways that God works to have made it so. This means we are able to correct mutation sensibly, by putting less stock in their abililty to affect our power, when what we want is power in reflection of God's power. For closeness, God is able to check His power, and hear our prayers, so that we even have a direction over all, that our powers are taking - something we could not do on our own (as Evolutionists will tell you!)!

So, yes, there is no reason to discount God, nor change Him, nor fear there will be no power without Him - I hope you can find it in your heart to trust the Evolutionary Power of God.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi there,

So this won't help Evolutionists much, at least not at first, because it talks about a limitation on what can change - because of the parameters of the possible changes (that are limited). The point how ever Evolutionists will probably grasp more intensely than Creationists, at first, because it is an empowerment of what to look for when you want to change. That is, Evolutionists know that more change is possible, than there is for Creation, in the end. This is not to diminish Creation, just to point out that Creationists basically believe the difference has already come and there is nothing we can do to make our head white or black.

Ok, but what is the point? This is it:In other words, God is able to imagine change, wait for change, and trust change, but He cannot use His "power" to change who He is. This is what Creationists have been harping on about for centuries, that there may be micro-evolution (change that in principle pleases God) but there is no macro-evolution (change that makes it impossible for God to tell who you were). God's power is absolute, but it evolves in an absolute way. This is a marvel! It means you will always be able to tell, where you are in relation to your changes (in life), by referencing a God who does not change, despite you changing, but who has the power to correct your evolution, in so much as that relates to that of His power that He has evolved. The correction is always available!

This means we are responsible for the changes we make, in anticipation of the seed coming from us, adopting those changes. We may not change, but that only makes us more like God. In time, our children also, will look like God - this does not need to change. What needs to change, is the power that we and those after us adopt, with respect to the corrections we need (from God) to stay the course (to Heaven). God is able to evolve His powers, even with respect to whether we are favoured or not, giving advantage to some and defiance to others - this is not evil, it just helps the evolution of our power, not to be evolving everything identically with everyone else!

If we are responsible, then we can develop mastery - the chief aim of life, spent with God (short of being His friend), if we can mastery the evolution of our power, we are able to give God praise, for the gift of that evolution and the many unknown ways that God works to have made it so. This means we are able to correct mutation sensibly, by putting less stock in their abililty to affect our power, when what we want is power in reflection of God's power. For closeness, God is able to check His power, and hear our prayers, so that we even have a direction over all, that our powers are taking - something we could not do on our own (as Evolutionists will tell you!)!

So, yes, there is no reason to discount God, nor change Him, nor fear there will be no power without Him - I hope you can find it in your heart to trust the Evolutionary Power of God.

God does change people. True.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟927,129.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Hi there,

Ok, but what is the point? This is it:In other words, God is able to imagine change, wait for change, and trust change, but He cannot use His "power" to change who He is. This is what Creationists have been harping on about for centuries, that there may be micro-evolution (change that in principle pleases God) but there is no macro-evolution (change that makes it impossible for God to tell who you were). God's power is absolute, but it evolves in an absolute way. This is a marvel! It means you will always be able to tell, where you are in relation to your changes (in life), by referencing a God who does not change, despite you changing, but who has the power to correct your evolution, in so much as that relates to that of His power that He has evolved. The correction is always available!

This has nothing to do with evolution.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
This has nothing to do with evolution.

Sure it does. You are in danger of attempting to change God. At least knowing God, you know a variable that will not change (or cease to have power, in principle, going in the other direction).

The whole point about micro-Evolution is that it is knowable, to a degree - what this God business shows, is that God is not unaware of the difference His power makes, even if it evolves.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟927,129.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Sure it does. You are in danger of attempting to change God. At least knowing God, you know a variable that will not change (or cease to have power, in principle, going in the other direction).

The whole point about micro-Evolution is that it is knowable, to a degree - what this God business shows, is that God is not unaware of the difference His power makes, even if it evolves.
All of this has nothing to do with evolution.

Any change to an individual whether it's in attitude, faith, physical modification or miraculous transformation is not evolution.

Microevolution is the process of genetic change over generations while still remaining the same species. It is not about small changes to an individual.

• Informative
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
All of this has nothing to do with evolution.

Any change to an individual whether it's in attitude, faith, physical modification or miraculous transformation is not evolution.

Microevolution is the process of genetic change over generations while still remaining the same species. It is not about small changes to an individual.

You're saying "God can't change His power"?

But if He was a species, Evolution could happen to Him? By something other than power?

Yet there is a selection pressure, for constrained change? Because of Design? That can be passed on?

What's wrong with developing a constraint, that is open to a change of power? You would like Evolution to happen when you say "my luck is in my favour"? You can't trust it to anyone because of fallible men? In time, your luck will become consistent with your desire to take advantage?

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Creation basically came about, because of the increasing intensity and Evolution of the power of God.

God's power has a dynamic, we would do well to learn from it, for the increase of adaptation that it encourages.

We will see, by the end of my life, whether I have found a way to utilize that power or I have grown more vulnerable?

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
My problem is, how do you compensate for the intensity necessary for Evolution to take place?

If you don't address intensity at all, all the adaptations in the world won't help you survive?

On the other hand, if you assume everything you get will give you the intensity, how do you discern your right hand from your left?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Let's take the discussion over here. You asked about God evolving.

Is he only one god of many that reproduce and compete with each other?

That depends whether you are talking about the flesh or not.

God is one of many gods, who are like Him, but their focus is Man, not themselves - in principle.

I want to just point out that I am not saying "God evolves" I am saying "God's power evolves".

You could make the argument that people like God, share the Evolution of His Power, but that is up to God, not them.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
That depends whether you are talking about the flesh or not.

God is one of many gods, who are like Him, but their focus is Man, not themselves - in principle.

I want to just point out that I am not saying "God evolves" I am saying "God's power evolves".

You could make the argument that people like God, share the Evolution of His Power, but that is up to God, not them.
Well that is a unique view of God. Not many Christians are polytheists too.

But you are now making the error of using an equivocation fallacy.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Well that is a unique view of God. Not many Christians are polytheists too.

But you are now making the error of using an equivocation fallacy.

There is a vision of the polytheism in Ezekiel's story of the valley of dry bones. What the bones "are" is not important, but what they are called to be (the bones come to life when they are told to heed the Word of God). (I just want to caution you, that there is only one God, though many share in His Spirit).

The notion that I am equivocating between one sort of God and another, is a fallacy only if I am prohibiting people from sharing in the strength of God. Jesus made clear that King David transgressed the law sharing the showbread of the temple with those with him, but did so out of mercy. The strength of God and His Evolving Power, are for men to share. You yourself could share in that power, if you could humble yourself?

It is not that I will not humble myself, to Evolution, if you are being reasonable - I have made every effort to understand what Evolved Power looks like, how I can make myself accountable to the standard raised by Evolution. Slowly it is becoming clear, but being asked to leave the computer I am typing at because my view differs with others, does not make it easy.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
There is a vision of the polytheism in Ezekiel's story of the valley of dry bones. What the bones "are" is not important, but what they are called to be (the bones come to life when they are told to heed the Word of God). (I just want to caution you, that there is only one God, though many share in His Spirit).

The notion that I am equivocating between one sort of God and another, is a fallacy only if I am prohibiting people from sharing in the strength of God. Jesus made clear that King David transgressed the law sharing the showbread of the temple with those with him, but did so out of mercy. The strength of God and His Evolving Power, are for men to share. You yourself could share in that power, if you could humble yourself?

It is not that I will not humble myself, to Evolution, if you are being reasonable - I have made every effort to understand what Evolved Power looks like, how I can make myself accountable to the standard raised by Evolution. Slowly it is becoming clear, but being asked to leave the computer I am typing at because my view differs with others, does not make it easy.
No, your error was in using two different definitions of evolution.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Not when one is trying to honestly communicate.

That's what I find confusing! What are you trying to communicate? What syncopation with your parents (and their DNA), requires you to believe they were gradually giving you the rhythm of a monkey?

If they were gradually giving you the rhythm of a monkey, what instinct did it appear the rhythm implied (monkishly)?

Or is it not necessary to have a monkey's instinct, simply because you used to be a monkey?

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
That's what I find confusing! What are you trying to communicate? What syncopation with your parents (and their DNA), requires you to believe they were gradually giving you the rhythm of a monkey?

If they were gradually giving you the rhythm of a monkey, what instinct did it appear the rhythm implied (monkishly)?

Or is it not necessary to have a monkey's instinct, simply because you used to be a monkey?
You were the one making the error of using two different definitions for a word. It is a bad sign when you even confuse yourself.

Upvote 0