Jun 14, 2009
✟14,916.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Jeremiah 3:19 (NIV)

We can see in this verse, that God the Father, delights in us, his children! Do you know what it means? It means that he is never away from us, and never leaves us alone!

His delight for us, makes him more than a willing, to give us any blessings, either spiritual or physical.

He delights in us, he is not angry with us! His anger fell on Jesus on the cross for our sins!

Because of his great love and delight for us, he is gladly willing to give us every blessing, spiritual or physical! He wants to give us the good land! He is more than willing to give us good things, like a earthly father would to his children, even more than we are willing to receive from him!

Our delights in his blessings, brings him joy and delight, because he is our Father! God rejoices when we rejoice in the blessings he is giving us.

He delights in us, and gives us freely everything, because we belong to him, and because we are his children, and he is our Father, and not because of what we do, and how holy lives we live! Yes, he has commanded us to be holy, because he is holy, but our performance and how we live before him, does not determine why and what he gives us!

Last edited:
Reactions: brinny

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

We can see in this verse, that God the Father, delights in us, his children! Do you know what it means? It means that he is never away from us, and never leaves us alone!

His delight for us, makes him more than a willing, to give us any blessings, either spiritual or physical.

He delights in us, he is not angry with us! His anger fell on Jesus on the cross for our sins!

Because of his great love and delight for us, he is gladly willing to give us every blessing, spiritual or physical! He wants to give us the good land! He is more than willing to give us good things, like a earthly father would to his children, even more than we are willing to receive from him!

Our delights in his blessings, brings him joy and delight, because he is our Father! God rejoices when we rejoice in the blessings he is giving us.

He delights in us, and gives us freely everything, because we belong to him, and because we are his children, and he is our Father, and not because of what we do, and how holy lives we live! Yes, he has commanded us to be holy, because he is holy, but our performance and how we live before him, does not determine why and what he gives us!

Amen!!! He DOES delight in us, and His joy and delight are poured into us enabling us to delight in Him in return.

Praise God!!!

He is a DELIGHTFUL God!!!

Amen!!

God bless you.

bliss.gif

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,356,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Are you sure you mean Jeremiah 3:19? Here it is in context:

19 “I myself said,
“‘How gladly would I treat you like my children
and give you a pleasant land,
the most beautiful inheritance of any nation.’
I thought you would call me ‘Father’
and not turn away from following me.
20 But like a woman unfaithful to her husband,
so you, Israel, have been unfaithful to me,”
declares the Lord.
21 A cry is heard on the barren heights,
the weeping and pleading of the people of Israel,
because they have perverted their ways
and have forgotten the Lord their God.
22 “Return, faithless people;
I will cure you of backsliding.”

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,356,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here is one to quote:

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 1 Co. 13:6

God is love, so he does not delight in us if we are doing evil.

If you do a word search in a NIV concordance, you will find most references to "delight" have to do with us delighting in the Lord and in his Word. This is where our focus should be. Too many people use "the Lord delights in us" as a cover-up for willful sin against God, i.e. to make themselves not feel guilty for their willful and gross sins. I have seen this time and time again. References that do refer to God delighting in us mostly have to do with those who are his servants, who are walking in the Spirit and no longer according to the flesh, who are delighting in him and in His Word, and who are obeying God's commands.

Does God love us? Sure he does. But, he doesn't delight in evil. He rejoices with the truth. He delights in those who are walking in his ways, and in his truth, not in those who are still living according to their sinful flesh, who are still under bondage to sin, but who want to claim that God delights in them so that they can keep on sinning.

Sorry, but we just have to be so careful that we read scriptures in context, and that we don't take them to mean something they don't mean, and that we don't claim God's blessings upon us if we are still in slavery to sin. If we walk in the flesh, and not in the Spirit, we will die in our sins (Ro. 8:1-14). We can displease our Lord. The Bible teaches this in the NT. We need to find out what pleases him, and then do it.

Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,356,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Delight – please, take pleasure in

Pleasing God

Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God. Ro. 8:8

So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it. 2 Co. 5:9

Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Gal. 6:8

Eph. 5: 10: "...and find out what pleases The Lord."

9 For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you. We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives, so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience... Col. 1:9-11

On the contrary, we speak as those approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel. We are not trying to please people but God, who tests our hearts. 1 Thess. 2:4

As for other matters, brothers and sisters, we instructed you how to live in order to please God, as in fact you are living. Now we ask you and urge you in the Lord Jesus to do this more and more. 1 Thess. 4:1

No one serving as a soldier gets entangled in civilian affairs, but rather tries to please his commanding officer. 2 Tim. 2:4

And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. Hebrew 11:6

And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased. Hebrew 13:6

...and receive from him anything we ask, because we keep his commands and do what pleases him. 1 Jn. 3:22

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,356,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The Lord Jesus put this passage of scripture in mind this evening:

“BUT MY RIGHTEOUS ONE SHALL LIVE BY FAITH; AND IF HE SHRINKS BACK, MY SOUL HAS NO PLEASURE IN HIM.” Heb. 10:38 NASB

@dga - I would encourage you to make certain that what you are sharing here as biblical truth is biblically supported. There are plenty of NT scriptures that teach that how we live our lives does determine very much God's approval of us, i.e. whether or not he is pleased with us, as well as his actions towards us. So, test what you are hearing against the Word of God, pray for discernment to know what is truth and what are lies, and read the Word of God in context, and let the pure Word speak truth to your heart. God loves us, no doubt, but he isn't always pleased with us, and how we live our lives absolutely matters for eternity (See: Lu. 9:23-25; Rom. 8:1-14; 1 Jn. 1:6; 2:3-6).

Upvote 0