• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

God can heal you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremiah1825

Sep 23, 2008
LaSalle,IL.
✟15,170.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just wanted to testify to everyone here who has schizophrenia that the Lord can heal you because last month I had psychosis and schizophrenia and now I don't. I had always prayed to be healed but it wasn't until just recently that I got the faith to be healed and the Lord completely took away the mental problems. Then my mind needed to be healed. The mental problem in my brain had an effect on my mind and caused my mind to think in a wrong way. The Lord healed that too and I just wanted to tell all of you that if He did it for me then He can do it for you. Just have faith and read the scriptures in His Word that are about healing and that will also give you faith. It may take some time to get healed but just keep trying and trust in the Lord and be determined and He can heal you. God Bless all of you and just try to stay strong and have faith and confidence in the Lord.

maybenotcrazy

Okay okay...
Sep 25, 2008
nowhere
✟15,828.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I just wanted to testify to everyone here who has schizophrenia that the Lord can heal you because last month I had psychosis and schizophrenia and now I don't. I had always prayed to be healed but it wasn't until just recently that I got the faith to be healed and the Lord completely took away the mental problems. Then my mind needed to be healed. The mental problem in my brain had an effect on my mind and caused my mind to think in a wrong way. The Lord healed that too and I just wanted to tell all of you that if He did it for me then He can do it for you. Just have faith and read the scriptures in His Word that are about healing and that will also give you faith. It may take some time to get healed but just keep trying and trust in the Lord and be determined and He can heal you. God Bless all of you and just try to stay strong and have faith and confidence in the Lord.

Did it happen after you were baptized? I really desperately want to get baptized but all the churches I'm considering have lengthy and socially difficult means toward baptism. I just prayed to the lord to get me baptized tomorrow. I don't know who will do it. I don't care what sect. I need to get it. I've been putting this off for too long. What kind of church baptizes you just through admitting you've accepted christ?

Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

Jeremiah1825

Sep 23, 2008
LaSalle,IL.
✟15,170.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It happened after I was baptized in the Spirit but before I was baptized in water. Any church should baptize you if you've accepted Christ but I don't know if all of them will. If you haven't found one yet that will baptize you then you should just keep looking until you find one. I hope you find a good church that will baptize you.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did it happen after you were baptized? I really desperately want to get baptized but all the churches I'm considering have lengthy and socially difficult means toward baptism. I just prayed to the lord to get me baptized tomorrow. I don't know who will do it. I don't care what sect. I need to get it. I've been putting this off for too long. What kind of church baptizes you just through admitting you've accepted christ?

Hey my friend are you crazy? Of course you care who baptises you, a true Christian must do it, no one else can! If you believe in Jesus as your saviour then you are entitled to be baptised. However know that God will baptise you with fire - that is what you really want, His Spirit of Loving Truth in your heart.

Only a true believer can pass that one on, no religious ceremony may bind that freedom of God's Spirit to secure God's chosen. If you believe in Jesus Christ as the Saviour of the world, then know that you are whole!

So please seek carefully and choose wisely, not in a dramatic undertone, but in true humble submission to His loving truthful voice in your heart and mind, seeking a Church which serves God's loving truth, and not just a few lines out of the bible, and a few social activities - but real committed love for God!

:prayer::crossrc::pray::bow::angel:

Gerry

Upvote 0

Jeremiah1825

Sep 23, 2008
LaSalle,IL.
✟15,170.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybenotcrazy-I don't know how to explain in words what baptizm in the Spirit is but all I know is that I was reading about getting baptized in the Spirit and so I believed that is was something God could do for me and so I prayed for Him to do it and when I prayed I felt the Spirit of God all over my body and I know for a fact from what I felt that I had been baptized in the Spirit. It's another way God can baptize you aside from being baptized in water. Don't let that make you think that you shouldn't also be baptized in water though. God told a really good preacher I know that I still needed to be baptized in water and then he reminded me of the scriptures in the Bible about baptizm and I realized more that I still needed to be baptized in water. So, if you pray for God to baptize you in the Spirit, remember that you still need to be baptized in water. Remember the scriptures about Jesus Himself getting baptized in water. If He did it then we must need to do it too. I know you were already planning on getting baptized in water but I was just telling you all of this just incase you asked God to baptize you in the Spirit so you would know that you still needed to be baptized in water. So, if you want, you can ask God to baptize you in the Holy Spirit before you find someone to baptize you in water.

Upvote 0

Jeremiah1825

Sep 23, 2008
LaSalle,IL.
✟15,170.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybenotcrazy- I also wanted to tell you something else. Many people say "I baptize you in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost" right before they dunk you in the water. That's because the gospels say to baptize in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost but Father, Son and Holy Ghost are not names, they are titles. Like I am a son, a brother, and a husband but son, brother and husband are not my names, they are titles. My name is Jeremiah. So that means that there must be an actual name that we must be baptized in and that name is Jesus. You can find out that we are supposed to be baptized in Jesus name by looking in the book of Acts. In every case where a person gets baptized in the books of acts, the person gets baptized in the name of Jesus. Now, the Bible can't teach us to do something wrong so we must need to baptize in the name of Jesus. It's just that people who baptize by saying "in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost" don't understand what those words mean. In the Bible where it says to baptize in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost, God is telling us that we need to baptize in the name of Jesus, but He explains it in a different way by using titles. But like I said, in the book of acts they always baptized in the name of Jesus because they understood what baptizing in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost meant. I will give you some scriptures from the book of Acts where you can find where they baptize in the name of Jesus. Acts 2:38, Acts 8:16, Acts 19:5. It does make a difference how you get baptized. Just read those scriptures and ask the Lord to guide you to let you know of the importance of getting baptized in Jesus name.

Upvote 0

maybenotcrazy

Okay okay...
Sep 25, 2008
nowhere
✟15,828.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Maybenotcrazy- I also wanted to tell you something else. Many people say "I baptize you in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost" right before they dunk you in the water. That's because the gospels say to baptize in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost but Father, Son and Holy Ghost are not names, they are titles. Like I am a son, a brother, and a husband but son, brother and husband are not my names, they are titles. My name is Jeremiah. So that means that there must be an actual name that we must be baptized in and that name is Jesus. You can find out that we are supposed to be baptized in Jesus name by looking in the book of Acts. In every case where a person gets baptized in the books of acts, the person gets baptized in the name of Jesus. Now, the Bible can't teach us to do something wrong so we must need to baptize in the name of Jesus. It's just that people who baptize by saying "in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost" don't understand what those words mean. In the Bible where it says to baptize in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost, God is telling us that we need to baptize in the name of Jesus, but He explains it in a different way by using titles. But like I said, in the book of acts they always baptized in the name of Jesus because they understood what baptizing in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost meant. I will give you some scriptures from the book of Acts where you can find where they baptize in the name of Jesus. Acts 2:38, Acts 8:16, Acts 19:5. It does make a difference how you get baptized. Just read those scriptures and ask the Lord to guide you to let you know of the importance of getting baptized in Jesus name.

Are you a pentacostalist? I am not very familiar with the different sects of christianity but somehow what you are saying rings a bell as being that. I'm wondering, if you are one, have you ever spoken in tongues? Or had some kind of experience of "spiritual" insanity? -other than your schizophrenia of course. What is that like?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jeremiah1825

Sep 23, 2008
LaSalle,IL.
✟15,170.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not United Methodist neither am I Pentecostal. I'm actually non-denominational. Right now I actually am going to a Pentecostal church because the Lord led me to go there because it is a very good church but I'm not an actual member. I wouldn't say that I've ever had any moments of spiritual insanity but I have spoken in tongues.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.