• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

God broke his promise

stanneberg

Oct 7, 2005
Savannah, Georgia
✟7,831.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Alexander1982 said:
I take that back.......last year I drowned myself in hate and sadness against God but I only found myself damaging myself more!

This year I am fixing God's broken heart in which my hate damaged, I messed up a few times this year and I am going to Him to guide me. All I ask of him is to be my best friend

It sounds as if someone really hurt you. A Christian maybe? Family member? Are you sure you were ever really mad at God?

Either post or PM me. I want to talk.

Stephen Tanneberg

Upvote 0

Alexander1982

Oct 13, 2005
Brisbane
✟1,350.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
stanneberg said:
It sounds as if someone really hurt you. A Christian maybe? Family member? Are you sure you were ever really mad at God?

Either post or PM me. I want to talk.

Stephen Tanneberg

What makes you say that?

Upvote 0

Alexander1982

Oct 13, 2005
Brisbane
✟1,350.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Yes you are right someone did unintentionally hurt me long time ago and I had a very tough time letting it go.

I posted about that story in my post "oh dear....unrequited love" last year, getting over a certain girl has been bit of a uphill challenege. ThePianist knows what I am talking about

Yes I was so sure that I did really hate God, i foolishly blame my unfortunate events on God saying to him "yeah thanks for breaking my heart God, I hate your guts" But it wasn't God but the girl's free will that made this happen. But I was blinded by my hurt soo much that my anger grew very powerful that I almost murdered my mom... yes I almost did. I found myself becoming not so different from Satan.........both of us once loved God so much but now it turns to great hate. I don't want to descend to the level of the dark one...

Everytime I pray I always say sorry, sorry I broke His heart and help me cure this agonizing heartbreak and help me be defensive with my feelings

Upvote 0

rbs70

Mar 22, 2005
Indiana Pa
✟301.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Thank you All

My last post was to get your opinon on weather I was too old for her or not and it went a totally diffrent direction. You keep telling me to clean up my life before inviteing someone else into, I still dont see all of your points, because all I do is self analyze to try and find out what is wrong with my love life(and is lack of existance) and walk with God. I do know this though your posts are helping me in more ways than one. I never hated God but sometimes do question his role in my life, If he is this all powerfull God then why wont he help me get out of some of the many problems in my life. Its like the saying "If God wont help then that only leaves you." Ya I may make a mess of it but atleast I'm trying. I have always struggled with relieing on others for help, I would rather do it myself then have others help, I'm a loner, Then I wonder why I'm lonely.

I wonder if I'm too messed up for anyone to help or love.

Brian

Upvote 0

stanneberg

Oct 7, 2005
Savannah, Georgia
✟7,831.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
rbs70 said:
Thank you All

My last post was to get your opinon on weather I was too old for her or not and it went a totally diffrent direction. You keep telling me to clean up my life before inviteing someone else into, I still dont see all of your points, because all I do is self analyze to try and find out what is wrong with my love life(and is lack of existance) and walk with God. I do know this though your posts are helping me in more ways than one. I never hated God but sometimes do question his role in my life, If he is this all powerfull God then why wont he help me get out of some of the many problems in my life. Its like the saying "If God wont help then that only leaves you." Ya I may make a mess of it but atleast I'm trying. I have always struggled with relieing on others for help, I would rather do it myself then have others help, I'm a loner, Then I wonder why I'm lonely.

I wonder if I'm too messed up for anyone to help or love.
Brian,

I'm guilty of superimposing my thoughts and values on people without really listening to them in the first place. Forgive me. So many times I'm bent on the thought that I have the answer, but don't take time to really listen to the question.

I will tell you that you are NOT too messed up to be helped OR loved. In my mind, I am more messed up than anyone! I too self analyze and all too many times come up short. I don't need anyone to tell me what is wrong with me, because I already beat myself up on a regular basis.

People tend to compare themselves with other people. "I'm not as bad as that guy . . ." "I wish I could pray more, like that person . . ." "If only I could be more disciplined like that man . . ." The truth of the matter is the difference between myself and Hitler is negligable, compared to the difference between myself and God. I look at other people's problems, habits or situations with the knowledge that "it could have been me."

In answer to your question "are you too old for her", I couldn't possibly give you an answer! I do know this -- when God gives you a burden for someone, PRAY for that person. Trust God that He will do what is best for you -- and her. Watch what God does in your life and it will blow you away.

We really can't clean up our own lives, any more than we can save ourselves. This is why God wants to be God in our lives. Jesus said: "Apart from me you can do nothing." Think about this.

PM me if you want to talk more.

Upvote 0

Everlastinglife

1219 K♦Å♦Ŗ♦
Nov 24, 2005
United States
Visit site
✟15,579.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Gods will prevails, He hears what we ask of Him. We do not question His timing. :)

Proverbs 3:5-6, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."

Upvote 0