God and plagues

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
God takes credit or blame for the plagues. When we look at the night the first born died, I have often wondered if it wasn't Satan who did the actual killing. Blood was the covering for God's people, the night Satan swept through in the dark of night. I am not saying that Satan had free reign but was directed though what is his to destroy and what was not.

Exodus 12:23
When the Lord goes through the land to strike down the Egyptians, he will see the blood on the top and sides of the doorframe and will pass over that doorway, and he will not permit the destroyer to enter your houses and strike you down.

In that same thought line, if true, then maybe our God of love is only forewarning of what is to come to pass. In God's world, He always sees things before they come to pass, not because He wanted it to go that way, but because it was the consequences of unrepentant behavior. It is a "I will give Satan that one" moment.

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
God takes credit or blame for the plagues. When we look at the night the first born died, I have often wondered if it wasn't Satan who did the actual killing. Blood was the covering for God's people, the night Satan swept through in the dark of night. I am not saying that Satan had free reign but was directed though what is his to destroy and what was not.

When the Lord goes through the land to strike down the Egyptians, he will see the blood on the top and sides of the doorframe and will pass over that doorway, and he will not permit the destroyer to enter your houses and strike you down.

In that same thought line, if true, then maybe our God of love is only forewarning of what is to come to pass. In God's world, He always sees things before they come to pass, not because He wanted it to go that way, but because it was the consequences of unrepentant behavior. It is a "I will give Satan that one" moment.
The Spirit spoke during yesterday's fellowship that the Judgment is not that there is a plague destroying lives, which is the work of the enemy, but against the arrogance of man as he boasts that "our best people are working on a cure and a vaccine". The idea that our sufficiency is of ourselves, that we can find the solution to any problem by our own means will soon be exposed as vanity.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

God is behind everything that is good ... satan is powerful but is limited by the power of God .... satan is behind everything bad (evil).

It is a spiritual war playing out on earth ... however .... we know who has won the war. Until His return there are many "battles" .... we await His return to pick up all the survivors and end the war for eternity.

He allows the wars to continue because there are more yet to be saved.

Matthew 13:

The Parable of the Wheat and the Tares
24 Another parable He put forth to them, saying: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field; 25 but while men slept, his enemy (satan) came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way.

26 But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared. 27 So the servants of the owner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?’ 28 He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’ The servants said to him, ‘Do you want us then to go and gather them up?’

29 But he said, ‘No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest (until His return) , and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
God is behind everything that is good ... satan is powerful but is limited by the power of God .... satan is behind everything bad (evil).

It is a spiritual war playing out on earth ... however .... we know who has won the war. Until His return there are many "battles" .... we await His return to pick up all the survivors and end the war for eternity.

He allows the wars to continue because there are more yet to be saved.

Matthew 13:

The Parable of the Wheat and the Tares
24 Another parable He put forth to them, saying: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field; 25 but while men slept, his enemy (satan) came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way.

26 But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared. 27 So the servants of the owner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?’ 28 He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’ The servants said to him, ‘Do you want us then to go and gather them up?’

29 But he said, ‘No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest (until His return) , and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.”
Plagues in Deuteronomy:
Extraordinary Plagues

Upvote 0