newburgh
✟115,628.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you invented artificial intelligence and you had the opportunity to say to God, ‘See? I invented artificial intelligence, or AI if you will. This AI knows everything on earth there is to know, and it can predict what your responses will be if someone asks you something or in particular situations,’ how do you think God will respond? He might say, 'Put your AI in that pile over there, along with the light bulb, the telephone, the microscope, the automobile and the airplane. These things may be needed on earth, but they are not needed in Heaven.’

Then you may ask, ‘Is AI, then, like the lightbulb, etc., not a mark of your glory that is manifested in works like these, since these were created by man whose abilities for good works were given by you?’ To that, He might respond, ‘Did you not read 1 Corinthians 15:40?’

What does 1 Corinthians 15:40 say? It differentiates between the glory of the heavenly bodies and that which is found on earth. It is the heavens that declare God’s Glory, and the sky above His Handiwork, according to Psalm 19:1.

Where does AI fit in? It is a phenomenon which may be relied on in terms of carrying out God’s Good Works and maintaining His Glory, but it is not to be deferred to over God Himself in terms of what constitutes God’s Glory and His Good Works.

God’s Glory and His Good Works belong to God. The good works we engage in, which other people may praise us, or fawn over, or ask for our autograph are not due to any talent that we acquired along our lifespan; it is due to how God has equipped us for the particular kind of good works we may be known for. In this regard, one of the best ways of showing God we love Him is to say ‘It’s because of God that I can do these things...It’s because of God that I am able to create music, tall buildings, hit a homerun, make people laugh, and help others...It’s because of God that I was able to invent the lightbulb, the telephone and AI.’ Philippians 4:13 says “I can do all things through him who strengthens me.”

Ephesians 2:10 says “For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.” What can we boast of? That we have done God’s Good Works? Romans 3:27 says, “Then what becomes of our boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? By a law of works? No, but by the law of faith.”

Consider all these things if you ever plan on considering using AI to create your own form of worship. How would the Scriptures approach AI? There is a scenario laid out by Romans 1:18-23 which says as follows: “For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Claiming to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for IMAGES RESEMBLING MORTAL MAN...”

In short, AI is an instrument to man, like the lightbulb and the telephone, but it cannot be a substitute for man, who is God’s creation among His Good Works, any more than it can be a substitute for God.

Last edited:

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟290,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
In short, AI is an instrument to man, like the lightbulb and the telephone, but it cannot be a substitute for man, who is God’s creation among His Good Works, any more than it can be a substitute for God.

Well written and thought out, I agree. AI may be a little unique among the instruments of man though, in that if he is not careful, it has the potential to play him like a fiddle.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If you invented artificial intelligence and you had the opportunity to say to God, ‘See? I invented artificial intelligence, or AI if you will. This AI knows everything on earth there is to know, and it can predict what your responses will be if someone asks you something or in particular situations,’ how do you think God will respond? He might say, 'Put your AI in that pile over there, along with the light bulb, the telephone, the microscope, the automobile and the airplane. These things may be needed on earth, but they are not needed in Heaven.’

Then you may ask, ‘Is AI, then, like the lightbulb, etc., not a mark of your glory that is manifested in works like these, since these were created by man whose abilities for good works were given by you?’ To that, He might respond, ‘Did you not read 1 Corinthians 15:40?’

What does 1 Corinthians 15:40 say? It differentiates between the glory of the heavenly bodies and that which is found on earth. It is the heavens that declare God’s Glory, and the sky above His Handiwork, according to Psalm 19:1.

Where does AI fit in? It is a phenomenon which may be relied on in terms of carrying out God’s Good Works and maintaining His Glory, but it is not to be deferred to over God Himself in terms of what constitutes God’s Glory and His Good Works.

God’s Glory and His Good Works belong to God. The good works we engage in, which other people may praise us, or fawn over, or ask for our autograph are not due to any talent that we acquired along our lifespan; it is due to how God has equipped us for the particular kind of good works we may be known for. In this regard, one of the best ways of showing God we love Him is to say ‘It’s because of God that I can do these things...It’s because of God that I am able to create music, tall buildings, hit a homerun, make people laugh, and help others...It’s because of God that I was able to invent the lightbulb, the telephone and AI.’ Philippines 4:13 says “I can do all things through him who strengthens me.”

Ephesians 2:10 says “For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.” What can we boast of? That we have done God’s Good Works? Romans 3:27 says, “Then what becomes of our boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? By a law of works? No, but by the law of faith.”

Consider all these things if you ever plan on considering using AI to create your own form of worship. How would the Scriptures approach AI? There is a scenario laid out by Romans 1:18-23 which says as follows: “For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Claiming to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for IMAGES RESEMBLING MORTAL MAN...”

AI is an invention of man .... just like anything man creates it can be used for good or evil ... however .... God is totally against mind control in regard to worship .... if something implanted in us has the capacity to control our thinking in regard to worship ... then don't allow it.

AI will be both a blessing and a curse .... depending on how it is used.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0