Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I know that people will say that God has given man free choice to choose him or against him and that's why things are so, but I am still frustrated over the whole thing. God may say in the Bible that he is objectively just and all-benevolent, but sometimes life is cold or unjust. People live their whole lives and die in non-peaceful conditions, and before they can ever get justice.

God tells us to have patience and that he has his timing, but our life down here does not wait. People get older, weaker, civilizations rise and fall, etc. If you were in a situation where someone got away with something very horrible and heartbreaking done to you, and the damage wasn't rectified within a reasonable short measure of time, you would feel cheated and frustrated. Our own secular concept of justice, on paper, is that "bad guys" get justice within a reasonably swift time, and that the victim is fairly compensated.

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know that people will say that God has given man free choice to choose him or against him and that's why things are so, but I am still frustrated over the whole thing. God may say in the Bible that he is objectively just and all-benevolent, but sometimes life is cold or unjust. People live their whole lives and die in non-peaceful conditions, and before they can ever get justice.

God tells us to have patience and that he has his timing, but our life down here does not wait. People get older, weaker, civilizations rise and fall, etc. If you were in a situation where someone got away with something very horrible and heartbreaking done to you, and the damage wasn't rectified within a reasonable short measure of time, you would feel cheated and frustrated. Our own secular concept of justice, on paper, is that "bad guys" get justice within a reasonably swift time, and that the victim is fairly compensated.
Feeling cheated and frustrated is hard to tackle, it can be really hard to forgive. But it can relieve the stress about it.

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Feeling cheated and frustrated is hard to tackle, it can be really hard to forgive. But it can relieve the stress about it.
Who are you asking me to forgive here?
I can forgive while still acknowledging the unfairness of it all.

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Who are you asking me to forgive here?
I can forgive while still acknowledging the unfairness of it all.
Well imo your are not totally forgiving, If you continue to acknowledge it as unfair it will eat at you.

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not all people who do horrible things are stone cold, close but still can be worthy of forgiveness an opportunity to make things right and patience is intertwined as well, the only way to move on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,759.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

Yeah, that's one of the issues Christian theology has: God is supposed to be super good but here we are. When tat gets brought up they blame people or redefine the definition of good.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,759.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
God does help His chosen. They will suffer, but God spiritually/miraculously alleviates their pain, for example, such that their inner/true selves are always at peace,happy, resistant to pain, free, etc..
Why not just give them less pain?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

IoanC

Oct 9, 2022
Ploiesti, Prahova
Visit site
✟29,183.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Why not just give them less pain?
It is preferred that satan and his chosen are temporarily free, such that their fight is fair. Being the only source of suffering and pain, they are totally weak and inefficient. Actual suffering and pain exists only in their world; until they fail altogether and go to hell.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟788,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed

After venting, I curiously find myself wondering why I consider certain things to be the default, and why I measure everything else against that.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,759.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
It is preferred that satan and his chosen are temporarily free, such that their fight is fair.
So it’s like Pro wrestling in that the outcome is predetermined but it needs to have the appearance of a fair fight?

But unlike Pro wrestling it’s involuntary and many participants lead short pain filled lives?

• Haha
Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I guess the question is ; what do you expect from the here and now while you are still in the flesh? The Gospel is all about the afterlife, the resurrection of the dead into the new and everlasting life with Him. Jesus Christ of Nazareth warns us of the comming tribulations we will have to endure and to not be shaken by it. If this is misunderstood it may cause one to abandon Him. He tells us we will suffer but to stay the course and love Him, till the end. Blessings.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,620.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
We were tossed from the Garden and isolated in this world to suffer the consequences of our adversarial nature to the will of God. The more we make this world in our own image, the greater the suffering. For man's prime motivator is gain at the expense of others. A self absorbed world of man means unnecessary greed creating hurt and oppression.

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So it’s like Pro wrestling in that the outcome is predetermined but it needs to have the appearance of a fair fight?

But unlike Pro wrestling it’s involuntary and many participants lead short pain filled lives?
Even man's earthly system of justice is on paper more fair than God's version. At least it says the bad guys are supposed to be delivered quickly. Meanwhile, God asks to be patient, even until after your dead, and it doesn't matter anymore anyway. So it is moot.

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We were tossed from the Garden and isolated in this world to suffer the consequences of our adversarial nature to the will of God. The more we make this world in our own image, the greater the suffering. For man's prime motivator is gain at the expense of others. A self absorbed world of man means unnecessary greed creating hurt and oppression.
But humans aren't always bad. I actually like that humans got to go on adventures, find new lands, rule them in their own image, etc.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,759.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics