Auckland
✟10,604.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
About 5 years ago after some tests we found there was no sperm whatsoever in my [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]. We have since had a child by sperm donor who we love with all our hearts and are currently trying to have another by the same donor.
Although he's 100% my child I feel like this does not satisfy the promise of Deuteronomy 7:14 that none of your men or women will be childless. Since fertility treatments were not possible when the bible was written I believe healing is implied in that verse not adoption or anything other than mother and father having biological children.
Since the first command God gave humanity was to go forth and multiply God must heal me as it's not fair for Him to give a command but not equip me to fulfil it.
Then again some people die childless because they never find the one or their partner dies or they die young before having children. I wouldn't say any of those cases make God a liar, they're just unlucky but still my situation feels unjust to me.

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,473,533.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
That command (and that promise) is not for Christians.

While I'm sure it's a great grief to you not to be able to have biological children of your own, I don't think you can frame your situation as one where you are commanded to do the impossible.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟952,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Since the first command God gave humanity was to go forth and multiply God must heal me as it's not fair for Him to give a command but not equip me to fulfil it.
That command was given before The Fall.
It is honorable to abide by that as we are able, but sin (in the world) can diminish what we are able to do, in different ways.

Seek out a church that has a healing ministry. (Not all of them do.)

Upvote 0

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,561.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You have received the child whole heartedly, so that makes all the difference.

There is also :scratch: Umm, the following little passage, incase !

Jeremiah 32:27
“I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?
:clap:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Marumorose

Nov 30, 2019
Polokwane
✟37,738.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
About 5 years ago after some tests we found there was no sperm whatsoever in my [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]. We have since had a child by sperm donor who we love with all our hearts and are currently trying to have another by the same donor.
Although he's 100% my child I feel like this does not satisfy the promise of Deuteronomy 7:14 that none of your men or women will be childless. Since fertility treatments were not possible when the bible was written I believe healing is implied in that verse not adoption or anything other than mother and father having biological children.
Then again some people die childless because they never find the one or their partner dies or they die young before having children. I wouldn't say any of those cases make God a liar, they're just unlucky but still my situation feels unjust to me.
From my experiences, i have learned that NOTHING is impossible with God. No one is born barren. I repeat NO ONE IS BORN BARREN. You can have children. You need to be strong in Love and Faith.
Remember Leah?
Genesis 29:31-32 says "When the Lord saw that Leah was not loved, he opened her womb, but Rachel remained childless. Leah became pregnant and gave birth to a son. She named him Reuben, for she said, “It is because the Lord has seen my misery"
My advice to you is to have a neighborly love. Instead of praying for yourself to have a child, pray for others who are barren to have children because the Lord takes care of those that care for others.

May the Lord bless your seed
May the Lord bless you to be fruitful
May the Lord forgive you for all your sins
May the Lord hear your prayers
I ask in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ
Thank you God for listening to my prayer
AMEN

• Prayers
Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
not adoption or anything other than mother and father having biological children.

I never prayed to be pregnant but instead prayed for a child.

1 Samuel 1:27

God answered when we were led to adopt
our child born in another country is a true blessing

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0