Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So my question today is pretty simple, how can I glorify God through all that I do? My hobbies, my job, even going to the store for milk, I know that some how I can glorify God in all these categories (and everything in between) but I don't know where to start.

Paul said, "in all you do in word or deed, do so in the NAME OF the Lord Jesus." Now... that is the answer to your question but allow me a moment to explain.

In Hebrew, and this is important because Paul was Jewish, Jesus was Jewish.... the idea of "name" isn't so much "what we call somebody," but rather, name is dealing predominantly with the name bearers "character, reputation, and authority." So... to walk in God's name means to walk in a manner that is in harmony with His character, that adds to His reputation. To profane His name is to not reflect His character or take from His reputation. How does this answer your question?

The fruits of the Spirit of God... the "character" attributes of God are "love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control." So when YOU walk exuding these character traits, you are reflecting the God you serve, the God of Light, to an increasingly dark world around you. That is how... at least in one major way... you can glorify Him in what you do.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
So my question today is pretty simple, how can I glorify God through all that I do? My hobbies, my job, even going to the store for milk, I know that some how I can glorify God in all these categories (and everything in between) but I don't know where to start.
Set a good example for others. Enjoy life.

Upvote 0

Tayla

Supporter
Sep 30, 2017
USA
✟147,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Living life glorifies God since God created us this way. A way to glorify God is to avoid offending him by committing mortal sins. Also remembering to share life with him.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

We can glorify God by "...bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ" (2 Cor. 10:5); and by just speaking a word to exalt God --e.g. "God is good"; "Thank God"; "God cares"; etc. Someone might respond with an inquiry, and you can always invite one to just read John 14 in their Bible (and they might then go get one).

Upvote 0