Glorify God………..Have I just been tested?

Beslowtoanger

Carrying my cross daily
Aug 25, 2023
Midlands
✟8,837.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So, I’ve been doing all I can to be free of sin, to carry my cross daily. My repentance when I cried for forgiveness was to physically destroy all things that drove me to sin in my prior selfish mind and body. Since doing this I have literally been consumed with God, filled with the Holy Spirit, praying to him daily, thanking him daily, reading the word and listening to the quiet voice before action or words…….I feel clean and at peace. However this morning I woke at just before 3am with sexual desires and it filled my heart with dread, fear and anxiety.

I flooded my mind with Jesus but it was a battle and I refrained from doing anything that would offend God………….it passed without offence and now I’m awake contemplating that this was a great test to continue to glorify God With mind and body, something I never ever did prior to my spiritual regeneration.

Im actually very pleased because my journey of being a new creature is becoming more evident.

Praise God for his love and wisdom

(tired) David

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
IMO, it is true that some people experience a "honeymoon phase" when they first get saved, but as time wanes, it becomes more difficult to live in that same "on fire" way. This is not true of all people, but it is true for some. And I have to add that it does not mean the person is not saved. I would further add that it is normal and expected that Christians go through a "dark night of the soul." That is a period when God feels distant due to no fault of your own. It's a natural thing in the kingdom of God. But it does seem that for many people the fever breaks, so to speak, and people fall in love with Jesus all over again.

Reactions: Beslowtoanger
Upvote 0

Beslowtoanger

Carrying my cross daily
Aug 25, 2023
Midlands
✟8,837.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I will add that I was woken sometime later with a very clear voice saying “Daniel”??? I even commented to my wife that I was awoken by the announcement of this name? Is this a message from the Holy Spirit? In hindsight it was very clear, like a loud whisper and my eyes opened as I heard it? Maybe I now need to understand the message of Daniel so it may be applied to my experience??

Thoughts are welcome

God is glorious

David

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I'd suggest you pray about it a lot.

It could be that God wants you to study Daniel. It could be that that is your name and God is getting your attention about something. It could be that it was because the mind does funny things when we are in bed.

But just to be safe, I would recommend reading Daniel along with a few commentaries on the subject.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Beslowtoanger

Carrying my cross daily
Aug 25, 2023
Midlands
✟8,837.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ok, now this is getting serious. I turned to the channel on sky called Faith U.K. and it was an old 1980’s show by Billy Graham…..the first words uttered from his mouth!!? DANIEL.

Im feeling a bit anxious, this is a whole new territory for me, I have just cried openly to God, asking for his guidance and protection.

I am going to study Daniel and understand the message therein.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,820.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Be aware that the enemy the closer you try to get to God, the more will try to attack you, so you need to be sure its God or other things speaking specially to follow up on something or make decisions, being deceived is not good.

Upvote 0

Beslowtoanger

Carrying my cross daily
Aug 25, 2023
Midlands
✟8,837.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Be aware that the enemy the closer you try to get to God, the more will try to attack you, so you need to be sure its God or other things speaking specially to follow up on something or make decisions, being deceived is not good.
The enemy was certainly attacking me at 3am, I know that was not God, it was fearful and I asked Jesus to step in. I read Daniel and got from the reading that he was wise, an interpreter of dreams and a testament of Gods authority of the future (destroyer of kingdoms). Apart from having vivid dreams since being a child, it was nothing I could heavily relate wit. However it was the first time in my life I had read Daniel so a worthwhile exercise as part of my education. One thing it might have been was an Avenue for God to encourage study rather than just reading. At the moment (being new) I am reading the Bible through, then I will go back and study parts for better understanding as I did with Daniel.

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Hey, I got a notification about this thread from @Myle08. Then I checked out what I wrote in the thread. I saw that I said you possibly need to study Daniel. I would very much recommend watching this video series. It has touched on some things I have been thinking about recently by God's providence. It just popped up randomly in my YouTube Feed recently and I watched it and was edified by it. Check it out.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Beslowtoanger

Carrying my cross daily
Aug 25, 2023
Midlands
✟8,837.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you

its been a month since this has happened and I am coping much better with these attacks. I pray daily for Gods armour and when these thoughts arrive I take them captive, pray to God and remind the attacker I am with Jesus…..they disappear!

This has become much less of a problem as I continue to read and pray daily. I’ll watch those videos and I thank you for posting them.

The other thing I am much more aware of is discerning God from spiritual attacks. What I mean by that is things that appear to be from God but lead me (eventually) back to a fearful and anxious state, which is opposed to God. I’m ignoring a lot of dreams, intrusive thoughts (good and bad ) on this basis.

I am in Gods service, let his will be done, I’m way less analytical.

God Bless

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

anetazo

Feb 19, 2023
Meriden
✟27,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I'm happy you converted to being Christian and you have obedience to God.

When I converted to being Christian in year 2000. Satan tried 6 times in my sleep to destroy me. I felt unimaginable hatred from him. I asked Jesus to stop him. His hatred is on level of insanity.

ACTS CHAPTER 26:18. To open their eyes, and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.

Christian people will have temptation. We have the discipline to control wrong motives. We must still repent sins to God. We're in the flesh.

In 1997, I cut off contact with women I dated for period of time. I converted to being Christian in 2000.
In 2004. She left message on answering machine. It was 5 minutes long. It was vulgar and hatred. Half way through, her voice changed to masculine voice. She admitted she is evil.

I was new convert, and this rattled me. I never experienced Demonic possession before.
I personally believe it was demonic possession.

We see patterns of uncontrollable Hate. There is no guessing games here.

Luke chapter 10.
Christian people have power over satan and evil spirits in Jesus name. They will flee, when Christian people order evil spirits and satan away Jesus name.

Christian people must be on guard against the enemy. And resist temptation and wrong motives.

We get evil thoughts. Just don't act on it. Like seducing a married woman. Don't do it.

Peace.

Upvote 0