Global Vote 2004

soulbrother-NO.1

Aug 10, 2004
✟302.00
Faith
Atheist
Sycophant said:
You know I was wondering there - I thought I finally discoved the true voice that I knew was waiting to speak out against my posts.

For the record, I don't hate America, I don't think anyone's vote should be influenced by these types of polls (or any polls actually) but I do think it's an interesting look at the views of others. Especially for a country that claims to 'lead the free world'.
I don't hate America either, this is my home. Plus the women here are fantastic as so plentiful. I subscribe to the train of thought of America's greatest founding father Thomas Paine. "The world is my country, to do good, my religion"

Upvote 0

wvernon

Sep 7, 2004
Oregon
Visit site
✟1,002.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
US-Republican
lucid42day said:
You're as cold as ice. You're willing to sacrifice brotherly love.

I don't see how caring what foreigners think is sacrificing brotherly love if you mean by caring what they think, you allow your beliefs to be changed to their ways just for the sake of getting along. We can have our differences without sacrificing brotherly love.

Upvote 0

marshlewis

Apr 13, 2004
✟3,955.00
Faith
Atheist
aeroz19 said:
Imagine how uninformed they are; they don't even live here. And we thought the Bush supporters here were uninformed!

No offense, but, I don't really care what the foreigners think. This is my country!
Actually this pretty much explains your countrys foreign policy (seriously!). And anyway its not your country its the corporations country, you just work there.

Upvote 0

Hydra009

bel esprit
Oct 28, 2003
Raleigh, NC
✟18,036.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Eh. On one hand, us Americans will determine our own elections, not foreigners. On the other hand, it's important that we have a President who is able to work with other countries and be respected by the people of countries that we will undoubtedly have dealings with.

Upvote 0

lucid42day

where do I go when the land touches sea
Apr 1, 2004
We'll stumble through the APT.
✟9,766.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Others
wvernon said:
I don't see how caring what foreigners think is sacrificing brotherly love if you mean by caring what they think, you allow your beliefs to be changed to their ways just for the sake of getting along. We can have our differences without sacrificing brotherly love.
Well, it's actually sort of a joke you see. Foreigner is a band. They had a song, "Cold as Ice." I didn't want him to get the wrong impression about me, so I substituted 'our' for 'brotherly.'

I can occasionally be roused into caring what other people think. But I wonder if all of this sudden mock-polling the world is a result of us wondering what the rest of the world thinks about all of this, or if it actually represents a new interest from non-Americans in the processes of America. So, is America suddenly being roused, or is it the rest of the world? Both?

Also, my beliefs tend to change despite my best efforts. Mine have changed over the course of my ~660 posts here, although people may not quite notice it. I haven't done it "just to get along." Posters such as Sycophant, burrow_owl, and Borealis make good arguments that I can recognise as superior to ones I had before. What's the difference between me being influenced by a 'foreigner' and a forum-er? Without meaning any offense to you or any of the other posters, you're all foreigners to me.

Upvote 0