United States
✟1,361.00
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Beck & Family Harassed During Outdoor Movie Night in NYC Park | Breaking news and opinion on The Blaze

There are those who love freedom of expression, as long as it’s not conservatives who are doing the expressing. Just ask Glenn Beck. On radio Tuesday, he told the stunning story of how he and his family were harassed during an outdoor movie in New York City’s Bryant Park.

For those unfamiliar with Bryant Park, it hosts weekly showings of classic films during the summer months. Attendees bring blankets and picnic dinners and sprawl out on the park’s great lawn while watching the films on a giant screen.

As Beck explained, he attended Monday night‘s public showing of Alfred Hitchcock’s “The 39 Steps” with his wife and daughter. During the film, he was ridiculed, had someone “kick a cup” of wine on his wife and on his blanket, and even witnessed another person stand up and yell, “We hate conservatives here!”

“These people were some of the most hateful people I have ever seen,” Beck said. “All I wanted to do is go out on a blanket with my family and have dinner in the afternoon sun and sit around Americans, not like-minded Americans, and just watch a movie in the park. And last night at about‑‑ when the movie was just about over, my wife and I got out because it was hostile.”

When Beck left near the end of the movie, the crowd applauded.

Ton80

Jun 13, 2007
✟2,365.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Beck & Family Harassed During Outdoor Movie Night in NYC Park | Breaking news and opinion on The Blaze

There are those who love freedom of expression, as long as it’s not conservatives who are doing the expressing. Just ask Glenn Beck. On radio Tuesday, he told the stunning story of how he and his family were harassed during an outdoor movie in New York City’s Bryant Park.

For those unfamiliar with Bryant Park, it hosts weekly showings of classic films during the summer months. Attendees bring blankets and picnic dinners and sprawl out on the park’s great lawn while watching the films on a giant screen.

As Beck explained, he attended Monday night‘s public showing of Alfred Hitchcock’s “The 39 Steps” with his wife and daughter. During the film, he was ridiculed, had someone “kick a cup” of wine on his wife and on his blanket, and even witnessed another person stand up and yell, “We hate conservatives here!”

“These people were some of the most hateful people I have ever seen,” Beck said. “All I wanted to do is go out on a blanket with my family and have dinner in the afternoon sun and sit around Americans, not like-minded Americans, and just watch a movie in the park. And last night at about‑‑ when the movie was just about over, my wife and I got out because it was hostile.”

When Beck left near the end of the movie, the crowd applauded.

I cry crocodile tears for Beck. Perhaps if he had decided to not attack Obama and liberals for the past 2+ years, people would not decide to give him a hard time. Beck should learn to not go where he is unwelcome.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Beck called Obama a racist. Beck has to accept his share of responsibility for inciting people to violence with his attacks against Obama.
Oh yeah!! Blame the victim!! Tolerance can be truly amazing

Upvote 0

okafor

May 9, 2011
United States
✟1,361.00
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I cry crocodile tears for Beck. Perhaps if he had decided to not attack Obama and liberals for the past 2+ years, people would not decide to give him a hard time. Beck should learn to not go where he is unwelcome.

I wondered how long ot would take for someone on your side to say it's his fault. Liberal hatred against conservatives is always justified - Beck's kids, Palin' child Trig - isn't it? They're fair game for having the audacity to exist.

Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
It shouldn't come as a shock to Beck that when you become a high profile personality in America, particularly one who's forte is to deliberately generate public controversy to make a buck, your notoriety will follows you whenever go, including mingling with the public.

The reality is that fame and a high salary, even if he wasn't "bashing" one particular political group, comes at a cost.

What makes "okafor" or "MachZer0" so sure that and that Beck's liberal counterparts wouldn't have received the same reaction, or worse, had he/she been recognized by a conservative group in public?

What happened to this woman who had the misfortune of trying to exercise her 1st Ammendment Rights when confronted by a hostile Rand Paul/Tea Party mob was far worse than anything Glenn Beck and/or his family encountered!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLJDMm-jp28&feature=related

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ton80

Jun 13, 2007
✟2,365.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I wondered how long ot would take for someone on your side to say it's his fault.
:D

Forgive me if you missed the humor in my post. Will you go and tell Machzer0 not to blame Obama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

Liberal hatred against conservatives is always justified - Beck's kids,
HEY LOOK AT THIS!
The Real Story Behind Glenn Beck's Hellish Outdoor Movie Nightmare
Apparently there are 2 sides to the story, and a person who saw the incident reports otherwise. I believe Beck is lying for sensationalism and won't believe him unless he produces a video to support his accusation. :wave:

Palin' child Trig - isn't it? They're fair game for having the audacity to exist.
Sorry, this part is irrelevent

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jade Margery

Stranger in a strange land
Oct 29, 2008
✟19,915.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
If it's true, then those people were acting inappropriately, yes. There's no excuse for that. But I find it galling that Beck said they were 'the most hateful people' he had ever seen. I guess his show isn't filmed before a live audience?

He has been saying cruel, dishonest, bigoted, hateful things about people for years--and gotten rather wealthy doing it--and besides just voicing his opinion, he actually encourages other people to de-humanize and deny others their rights. And a certain segment of the population gobbles this up. It's sickening.

So no, I don't think what those people in the park did was right. They should have taken the higher ground and left him alone. But when you notice that the folks you've been insulting and taking advantage of for years have become hostile to you, surprise and indignation should be the last thing on your mind.

Edit: *checks out new link* Oh hey! Looks like Becky might have been huffing and puffing and lying as usual. Does this surprise anyone?

Upvote 0

Ton80

Jun 13, 2007
✟2,365.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Those people were acting inappropriately, yes. There's no excuse for that. But I find it galling that Beck said they were 'the most hateful people' he had ever seen. I guess his show isn't filmed before a live audience?

He has been saying cruel, dishonest, bigoted, hateful things about people for years--and gotten rather wealthy doing it--and besides just voicing his opinion, he actually encourages other people to de-humanize and deny others their rights. And a certain segment of the population gobbles this up. It's sickening.

So no, I don't think what those people in the park did was right. They should have taken the higher ground and left him alone. But when you notice that the folks you've been insulting and taking advantage of for years have become hostile to you, surprise and indignation should be the last thing on your mind.
At this point, all we have is the word of Glen Beck. Unless others come forward and collaborate his story, he cannot prove there was any harassment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is truely a shame and reflects on our country when someone puts his life on the line to help us be prepared for what is coming on our country. If people would just go back and see what he has said and see how much of it has come true, you would take to heart more of what he is saying.

Obama has brought the devide back to this country - we have digressed 50 years with all the talk about us and them.

We are headed for real trouble and some day people will say 'I wish I had listened and gotten prepared for the deliberate take down of our country.'

Reactions: EdwinWillers
Upvote 0

craigerNY

I bring nothing to the table
Feb 28, 2007
Upstate NY
✟56,288.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Obama has to accept his share of responsibility for inciting these people to violence with his attacks on Fox News

Beck called Obama a racist. Beck has to accept his share of responsibility for inciting people to violence with his attacks against Obama.

No

and

No

People doing this is wrong and the wrong is the perpetrator's responsibility.

Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No

and

No

People doing this is wrong and the wrong is the perpetrator's responsibility.
Unless of course the victim is a liberal, and then it's Rush Limbaugh's fault, or Sean Hannity, or Bill O'Reilly, or the Tea Party or any number of other conservatives

Reactions: EdwinWillers
Upvote 0

SonOfTheWest

Britpack
Sep 26, 2010
United Kingdom
✟9,861.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
Unless of course the victim is a liberal, and then it's Rush Limbaugh's fault, or Sean Hannity, or Bill O'Reilly, or the Tea Party or any number of other conservatives

When looked at from afar I suspect that noticing that since members of both of those sociopolitical psuedo factions participate in such behavior it's really just a big game of "Mom she keeps touching me!". "I only did it because you were poking me!",etc,etc. Well we certainly know that juvenile behavior leads to sound economic and political philosophy don't we.

As for Beck. I think the man is in many ways a twit. But his family doesn't deserve to be harassed.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.