Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
... Being against gay marriage is one thing but throwing people in jail for displaying public homosexuality is crossing the line. Don't say its to protect children because of the fact if its for fighting sin then why not criminalize open adultery or premarital sex.

When Jesus came to visit Abraham, He dined with him, and told him of what He was about to do. Jesus did not boycott Abraham because he had two women! Jesus did obliterate Sodom and Gomorrah!

Upvote 0

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
When Jesus came to visit Abraham, He dined with him, and told him of what He was about to do. Jesus did not boycott Abraham because he had two women! Jesus did obliterate Sodom and Gomorrah!

Saying that Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed just because of homosexuality really shows how narrow your view of sin really is. They were haughty and merciless to outsiders. Homosexuality was probably just one their sins but not the big reason why they were destroyed. For them to be obliterated they had to be depraved in all forms and not just sexuality.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Saying that Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed just because of homosexuality really shows how narrow your view of sin really is.
I didn't say that. But it certainly was the trait that was brought out by God! I expressed an opinion that it is a symptom, like an obvious skin rash all can see, that a nation has arrived in the state of impending judgment from God.

They were haughty and merciless to outsiders.
If you call wanting to gang rape the men, while refusing an offering of the daughters, even, 'haughty', fine! If you consider a violent attempted home invasion of the place where the angels of God resided 'merciless', then OK. The glaring fact is that the trait of their degraded state of being is crystal clear, and has served for a warning to mankind for thousands of years. In the days where man has forgotten God, and rejected His word to man, it is no longer heeded. That can only have one result. More certain than the force of gravity.

For them to be obliterated they had to be depraved in all forms and not just sexuality.
I agree, yet it was that trait that was manifest, and showed the condition they were in. To defend that is a terrible thing.

Looking at the leadership in the US, we see that this trait is front and center and pushed fanatically by Obama. Yes there are other sins, like terrorism, and torture, and stealing liberty, and deception, and fighting God and His word six ways from Sunday......but that particular rash on their face tells us something very alarming.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
jazzflower92 said:
Obama is not my favorite person. But sometimes those who call for peace have a hidden agenda of their own. Putin is one of those people. Pope Francis wants peace for the right reasons while Putin is doing it out of self interest. He might talk about how imperialistic the US is but when one looks at his track record he is a hypocrite.

Not sure why self interest is a bad reason for wanting peace. Also not sure as to why it matters so much what his reasons are. Putin is a political, not a religious, leader, so I judge him by his results, not by what I think his motives might be. Whether he is a man after God's own heart is not particularly important to me. What matters is whether he's doing a good job of running Russia. I'm not saying he's doing that great of a job either. I'm saying he's doing much better than America and Europe's politicians, but of course that's not saying much.

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟824,904.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Saying that Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed just because of homosexuality really shows how narrow your view of sin really is. They were haughty and merciless to outsiders. Homosexuality was probably just one their sins but not the big reason why they were destroyed. For them to be obliterated they had to be depraved in all forms and not just sexuality.

The bible seems to indicate the sin of homosexuality was a main reason

Jude 7 said:
In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

Upvote 0

Trackball

Sep 12, 2013
✟15,163.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
We can only speculate as to what what the motivations of the Kremlin were in reversing it's legalization of sodomy in the '30s. IMO, the most likely reason was to reverse the USSR's declining birthrate. Russia's new law prohibiting promotion of homosexuality to minors written for much the same reason..

Russian Viki writes that this law came after the disclosure of the counter-revolutionary underground organization of homosexuals.

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟824,904.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

Naïve and just not seeing the whole picture because just being against homosexuality puts a person as a man after GOD's own heart. That's the reason why I have a problems with some Christian groups who are supporting Putin because they only see the shallow image and don't see how he is against anyone criticizing him. Not to mention how he is throwing people in jail for even holding hands in public. I don't like these limit to freedom of speech because it then turns into a police state that is oblivious to one sin but supports another. For instance since I don't like how tied the church and the state is together in Russia. I defiantly don't like how the Church has been praising Putin as some great savior and gladly looking away from his corrupt ways. That's why people think Christian groups are hypocrites because they promote totalitarian policies like Russia is making but say nothing about the evil brewing in the corruption. Putin might be seen as stamping out corruption but its only for things that will be a threat to his power.

Fine I get that you do not like him but on Syria, gays, blasphemy etc he seems to be serving a Christian agenda. Freedom of speech is not costless in every case and some opinions are plain poison. That should be common sense really for any Christian. What specific objections have you got and which examples of corruption which you can hold Putin directly responsible for? Also you seem to be confusing the personal piety of the man with the political role. To some extent his true state before God is politically irrelevant and especially If his actions serve a Christian agenda.

Regarding dissent you may also be a little naïve to just how Russian politics works and just how high the stakes are.

Upvote 0

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Fine I get that you do not like him but on Syria, gays, blasphemy etc he seems to be serving a Christian agenda. Freedom of speech is not costless in every case and some opinions are plain poison. That should be common sense really for any Christian. What specific objections have you got and which examples of corruption which you can hold Putin directly responsible for? Also you seem to be confusing the personal piety of the man with the political role. To some extent his true state before God is politically irrelevant and especially If his actions serve a Christian agenda.

Regarding dissent you may also be a little naïve to just how Russian politics works and just how high the stakes are.

Whenever he invokes Christianity its always next to national identity. That should raise any Christian's alarm because some might use faith in order to spread nationalism which in the past has been BAD!!! There is defiantly a right and wrong way of stamping out sin. The way Putin is doing it is obviously a ploy to getting backing from the rural parts of the country that is conservative.

Putin. Corruption - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bloomberg View: Putin's Phony War on Corruption - Businessweek

'From Russia With Love' Series Profiles Gay Couples Living Under Putin's Rule

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Whenever he invokes Christianity its always next to national identity. That should raise any Christian's alarm because some might use faith in order to spread nationalism which in the past has been BAD!!! There is defiantly a right and wrong way of stamping out sin. The way Putin is doing it is obviously a ploy to getting backing from the rural parts of the country that is conservative.

Putin. Corruption - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bloomberg View: Putin's Phony War on Corruption - Businessweek

'From Russia With Love' Series Profiles Gay Couples Living Under Putin's Rule
No one will be stamping out sin, that is silly. By limiting the promotion of some of the vilest influences foisted on the innocents and tearing away at the family, Putin did a good thing.
How would you 'stamp out sin' -make a pride parade mandatory in schools?!

Upvote 0

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No one will be stamping out sin, that is silly. By limiting the promotion of some of the vilest influences foisted on the innocents and tearing away at the family, Putin did a good thing.
How would you 'stamp out sin' -make a pride parade mandatory in schools?!

Make Pride Parades g or pg rated and any parades that show any family unfriendly material will be cancelled. Also Putin has been raiding gay activist's houses. That is extreme whether you agree with an agenda or not. Also make it up the school board to see what is appropriate for people to distribute. Plus Putin has a lot of nerve thinking he is really standing up the family when his own marriage fell apart and he had a mistress the whole time. Not to mention he is preventing children from being adopted outside the country how is that helping the family. Rare cases shouldn't shut off other people from adopting.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Make Pride Parades g or pg rated and any parades that show any family unfriendly material will be cancelled.
Thankfully, the new world coming will not have any such parades. As for family unfriendly stuff, cancel the heck out of it by all means.

Also Putin has been raiding gay activist's houses.
Hope they wore masks.

That is extreme whether you agree with an agenda or not.
Not really. Activism can have it's consequences. That is, unless the activists are imported mercenary terrorists like the rebels in Syria, then they get Obamacare.

Also make it up the school board to see what is appropriate for people to distribute.
No thanks. We already know the bible is appropriate, they don't get a vote.
Plus Putin has a lot of nerve thinking he is really standing up the family when his own marriage fell apart and he had a mistress the whole time.
Maybe his wife never gave him his due? In a case like that, she would have been more of a second wife, before it became official, no? But who knows? There may be more than the official story.

Not to mention he is preventing children from being adopted outside the country how is that helping the family.
It helps them by keeping them from being molested by Sodomites for one thing.

Rare cases shouldn't shut off other people from adopting.
If they were rare would we have a problem?

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Make Pride Parades g or pg rated and any parades that show any family unfriendly material will be cancelled.

How could such a parade possibly be family friendly? Do you know what those parades involve?

Also Putin has been raiding gay activist's houses. That is extreme whether you agree with an agenda or not.

Let's see if it works.

Not to mention he is preventing children from being adopted outside the country how is that helping the family.

Given Russia's dangerously low birthrates, can she really afford to send her most precious resource - her children - HER FUTURE - abroad?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Trackball

Sep 12, 2013
✟15,163.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
You may think that Putin is the devil and you can protect gays (they live in Russia and did not even leave).
BUT!
I remember the horror that was in Russia during the reign of democratic Yeltsin. Since then, the word "democrat" in Russia has almost become a dirty word.
When Russia began to assert their (not American) interests, then we have a stream of mud from media.

Upvote 0

Imperiuz

Liberty will prevail
May 22, 2007
Stockholm
✟21,093.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
You may think that Putin is the devil and you can protect gays (they live in Russia and did not even leave).
BUT!
I remember the horror that was in Russia during the reign of democratic Yeltsin. Since then, the word "democrat" in Russia has almost become a dirty word.
When Russia began to assert their (not American) interests, then we have a stream of mud from media.
Some weeks after I was born, Yeltsin sent tanks to shot on he parliament building. But at least the US and the oligarchs were satisfied back then..

Putin is an inspiration for social conservatives all over Europe and probably elsewhere too. When the monster called the EU is slain, the time has hopefully come for good relations with Russia.

Upvote 0

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Some weeks after I was born, Yeltsin sent tanks to shot on he parliament building. But at least the US and the oligarchs were satisfied back then..

Putin is an inspiration for social conservatives all over Europe and probably elsewhere too. When the monster called the EU is slain, the time has hopefully come for good relations with Russia.

Oh, brother you really think that Putin is some goodness since slice bread. I think he is the worst thing for social conservatives to get behind because he is everything people fear about social conservatives or least ones who use social conservatism. He is authoritarian, doesn't allow other faiths freedom, is two faced about morals, and is secretly a warmonger. The point is I see the man as he truly is and not what people want to see him because its really appalling how people are just going gloss over him and make it seem his regime is doing something to spread GOD's kingdom. In fact it might do the opposite and allow him to get away with more atrocities because he has the church in his pocket.

Also the birth rates should not be blamed on gay people but on years of abortion being supported. Improving birth rates means promoting marriage and not approving of no fault divorce. I think one thing the Bible does teach is don't shift your problems on others because then you really will never learn to take responsibility for your own actions. In other words stop blaming gays for most of Russia's problems. Also for pride parades get rid of all forms of vulgarity and make them dress up as normal citizens.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Trackball

Sep 12, 2013
✟15,163.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Oh, brother you really think that Putin is some goodness since slice bread. I think he is the worst thing for social conservatives to get behind because he is everything people fear about social conservatives or least ones who use social conservatism. He is authoritarian, doesn't allow other faiths freedom, is two faced about morals, and is secretly a warmonger. The point is I see the man as he truly is and not what people want to see him because its really appalling how people are just going gloss over him and make it seem his regime is doing something to spread GOD's kingdom. In fact it might do the opposite and allow him to get away with more atrocities because he has the church in his pocket.

*facepalm*
You talk about Pastafarianism?

Upvote 0